I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

You might want to think about staying closer to St. Pancras rather than central London, which will be extremely expensive for summer. The three adults will also be an issue as a lot of hotel have a max occupancy of 2. I think Hyatt is supposed to go the farthest with point transfers?

If you don't care about cost and want to be in central London, look in the Green Park area as you will have an easy ride to and back to St. Pancras on the tube. There are a number of Hilton and Marriott properties in the area. The Park Lane Hilton is lovely and it's close to Green Park Tube Station (which is on both the Piccadilly and Victoria tube line that connects to King's Cross/St. Pancreas) but its $$$$. I think there is a Hyatt in that area also.

But I would actually consider staying close to St. Pancras/King's Cross or even Euston to make dropping bags and picking them up easier (and it will be considerably cheaper) and then just use the tube to go in and out of central London. I tend to do Hilton for one night stays. I stay at the Paddington Hilton on points all the time and I've stayed at the Euston Hilton a couple times to catch early trains.

The tube is so easy to get around so pull up a tube map and you can get an idea of what will be easy to access from King's Cross/St. Pancras tube lines to maximize your time. https://tfl.gov.uk/maps/track/tube And just cross your fingers they don't have strikes while you are there! London is becoming the new France with transport strikes.
I have thought about staying close to St. Pancras actually. I was thinking closer to Buckingham, or in that general area, because Buckingham is what I really, really, want to see the most. I'd also love to have an afternoon tea before we head back to Paris. It's my 50th birthday trip so I get to call all of the shots! Thank you for all of this info! It really helps with making an informed decision.

Hi all, where should three of us (two adults, one 18 year old child) stay in London proper (near the touristy "good stuff" - Buckingham Palace, etc. ) for just one night in June on points? Can transfer point from either Chase or AMEX.
We'll be coming in on Eurostar from Paris for only one night, June 18th, and leaving the next afternoon day back to Paris, June 19th.
Seconding the good info that was already shared. I prefer the Green Park area as well. I've stayed at the Ritz, the Intercontinental, and the Berkeley before we were fully into the points game. I'm booked at the Hyatt Churchill for 2024 because I need Hyatt nights and I have plenty of points for the stay, but it's not in my ideal location.

I have thought about staying close to St. Pancras actually. I was thinking closer to Buckingham, or in that general area, because Buckingham is what I really, really, want to see the most. I'd also love to have an afternoon tea before we head back to Paris. It's my 50th birthday trip so I get to call all of the shots! Thank you for all of this info! It really helps with making an informed decision.

If you want to do one of the "biggies" for afternoon tea (Claridges, the Ritz, the Savoy, etc.) you'll want to make sure you book really early. They fill up fast. Harrods and Fortnum are fun and can be booked more last minute, but since you'll be close to the palace, you may want to look into the Rubens. We did a Christmas Day tea here and it was fabulous. It's small, but a stone's throw from BP. https://rubenshotel.com/dining-and-drinks/afternoon-tea I've also done the tea bus a couple times--including for my 55th birthday:)--and it's tons of fun, but the timing probably won't work out for you. https://b-bakery.com/london/bus-tours/afternoon-tea-bus-london I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time celebrating your birthday whatever you do. London is my happy place, and I never get enough. I'll be there again in two weeks :)

Hi all, where should three of us (two adults, one 18 year old child) stay in London proper (near the touristy "good stuff" - Buckingham Palace, etc. ) for just one night in June on points? Can transfer point from either Chase or AMEX.
We'll be coming in on Eurostar from Paris for only one night, June 18th, and leaving the next afternoon day back to Paris, June 19th.
We stayed at the Conrad, which is a 2 min walk from Westminster Abbey and 5 mins from Big Ben (Parliament). We walked from the Conrad to BP, but it's about a 15-20 min walk. If you have Diamond status, it has a nice lounge.

We have only been to London once, so I'm by no means an expert. We did however walk around BP and our hotel was quite close. Not a Hyatt but booked The Resident Victoria thru Chase portal and had tea at The Rubens at the Palace, also booked thru the portal. Both walking distance to Buckingham Palace. The plus for The Resident was that it slept 3. The picture is DS lounging in the room. The space for third person is a daybed type of thing but not a pullout sofa and it was fully made up for him. If your 18 yo is over 6 feet it would probably be too small. The room was compact but well organized with a mini kitchenette & a good size closet. 49B829F6-00BD-4C88-B767-2FE6F77F1A5F.jpeg

If you want to do one of the "biggies" for afternoon tea (Claridges, the Ritz, the Savoy, etc.) you'll want to make sure you book really early. They fill up fast. Harrods and Fortnum are fun and can be booked more last minute, but since you'll be close to the palace, you may want to look into the Rubens. We did a Christmas Day tea here and it was fabulous. It's small, but a stone's throw from BP. https://rubenshotel.com/dining-and-drinks/afternoon-tea I've also done the tea bus a couple times--including for my 55th birthday:)--and it's tons of fun, but the timing probably won't work out for you. https://b-bakery.com/london/bus-tours/afternoon-tea-bus-london I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time celebrating your birthday whatever you do. London is my happy place, and I never get enough. I'll be there again in two weeks :)
Yes we did The Rubens tea! Loads of food even a teenage boy didn't complain about and he drank 2 pots of tea. Lol.

Oh thank you for posting that! We are going to London this year. Twice actually 😂 Tea at the Savoy sounds like a wonderful experience! I will be adding that to my itinerary.

Sighhh instacart+ on csr.car.. I feel like I'm doing this wrong- I have added my csr to acct for the benefits- yet bottom of acct page says "unlock special offers" and then "add card" which I do (again) but it still shows aa not added, just 5 of the same cc # for payment method.... I don't get this
i was only able to do it once mine was under instacart + then manage my membership then on the bottom it says get up to 12 months with chase, hit redeem plug in all your cards there.

we stayed at the Hilton Paddington. super convenient to everything and the metro. our room was huge (more than enough room for our 3rd person)

I know you got some great advice already. Just adding my own DPs. We are also staying in London this year and we were booking for 3 adults. All the rooms we looked at were for two. However, we were able to book a suite that would accommodate 3 through Hyatt at the Churchill on points and with a suite night upgrade. I did a quick check on saw that there is availability at the Hyatt London Blackfriars for your night on points. Granted I am not sure if that works for you geographically but thought I’d share.

Question for the experienced folks...

We will be staying at a Holiday Inn for my niece's wedding in June, and CSP has a 10% offer that expires in March...

The website says they won't charge until checkout... if I call them and ask to prepay now, would they do it?

Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?

Question for the experienced folks...

We will be staying at a Holiday Inn for my niece's wedding in June, and CSP has a 10% offer that expires in March...

The website says they won't charge until checkout... if I call them and ask to prepay now, would they do it?

Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?
I've called with Marriott directly to the hotel and been successful. With Holiday Inn, did you see a prepaid rate you could use?

DP on Hilton Aspire:

Between DH and I we have 4 Aspire cards. AF hit on card number 1 hit and I called in to see what retention offers might be available. Wasn't really planning to cancel the card as we always get outsized value with it. The $50 airline credit for this quarter credited. It took longer than normal but I did not need to call or chat. The offer was spend $1K and get 10K HH points. This is nothing to get excited about but I took the offer since I wasn't going to cancel and I have some Hilton spend coming up.

Next month we are staying 3 nights at the new Conrad Orlando. We booked with FN certs. Right now the room we booked with the FN certs is over $700 per night. So I definitely feel like we got the value for the FN certs on this upcoming stay. The property is listed as a qualifying property for Hilton Resorts. Therefore, we will also be able to use the cards to charge dining or spa services to the room and get the $200 resort credit on my card and another $200 on DH's card.

The spend earns 14x on the Aspire which is nice. In April I will use up another $50 airline credit so that will add towards my retention offer spend too. If I hit it that's fine, if I don't that's fine. I have other more important fish to fry for this year's points balance earnings. Looking at you BonBlah :cool: But even with the AF increase this year I think I will still be able to easily continue to have these 4 Aspire sock drawer cards keeper cards.

Hi folks, I know lots of you have done Hawaii with points and I’m looking for resort recommendations.

At time of travel my kids will be 12 and 9. I’d like to do a split stay between Aulani on Oahu and a resort/condo on another island. For the non-Aulani part of the trip, I’d like to find a place that has a kitchen and has access to some sort of nature preserve for hiking. We’re ok renting a car and driving, but don’t want to go super far. Would like an awesome pool.

I’ve looked at some of the Hyatt and Marriott resort properties on Maui and Kauai; they are lovely, but I feel like we’ll be getting that resort feeling at Aulani. I guess I’m looking for something in between a classic resort with king/queen rooms and a condo community - would like the awesome pool from the former but the kitchen and bedrooms from the latter.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

I also have a Hawaii question. We are spending 2 nts in Waikiki on the way to Japan. We will only be doing Pearl Harbor and maybe Diamond Head (also meeting up with a friend who lives there for dinner). I was there over 20 yrs ago and we rented a car, but that was before the ride share services. Would you rent a car for 2 nts or just use ride share?

Hi folks, I know lots of you have done Hawaii with points and I’m looking for resort recommendations.

At time of travel my kids will be 12 and 9. I’d like to do a split stay between Aulani on Oahu and a resort/condo on another island. For the non-Aulani part of the trip, I’d like to find a place that has a kitchen and has access to some sort of nature preserve for hiking. We’re ok renting a car and driving, but don’t want to go super far. Would like an awesome pool.

I’ve looked at some of the Hyatt and Marriott resort properties on Maui and Kauai; they are lovely, but I feel like we’ll be getting that resort feeling at Aulani. I guess I’m looking for something in between a classic resort with king/queen rooms and a condo community - would like the awesome pool from the former but the kitchen and bedrooms from the latter.

There are Destinations by Hyatt Residences on Maui that are condos. They're migrating to Homes and Hideaways on Feb 20 and the points redemption might get worse. Info on FT

Marriott and Hilton have their vacation club properties, but it's very hit or miss if they come up for points redemption.

I also have a Hawaii question. We are spending 2 nts in Waikiki on the way to Japan. We will only be doing Pearl Harbor and maybe Diamond Head (also meeting up with a friend who lives there for dinner). I was there over 20 yrs ago and we rented a car, but that was before the ride share services. Would you rent a car for 2 nts or just use ride share?

I would estimate the ride share costs and then compare to car rental + parking.

We stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club in Poipu on Kauai and the Hyatt Residence Club in Ka’anapali on Maui. We loved both but paid “cash” for both (we booked the HRC through the Chase travel portal with URs from my CSR). The MVC we did before I knew about miles and points. Both are an awesome setup for a family!

We stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club in Poipu on Kauai and the Hyatt Residence Club in Ka’anapali on Maui. We loved both but paid “cash” for both (we booked the HRC through the Chase travel portal with URs from my CSR). The MVC we did before I knew about miles and points. Both are an awesome setup for a family!
Duh me - I didn’t even think about the Chase travel portal and using URs. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter