I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have priced it out and am doing split stay (in 12 days! Yay!) but for us it's about how much time off from work we can get. We are doing 5 days WDW, 2 days UO with 3 nights at RPR and leaving the next morning. We really will have 1.75 days at UO by the time we check out of Swan and check into RPR but with the Express Pass we'll be fine. Without points, would not be doable. Used URs for Swan and RPR, CSR travel credit x2 for UO tix, SW flights on points/CP, WDW tix with discounted DGC. Still spent $2k and have $1800 in DGC for meals etc.

An 8 day vacation is worth it for you and for $2k plus I'm sure the discounted DGC, you did great!

AAA gave me discounts at Universal, not sure they still do, for the food places.

I have younger DD and one grand who want to go back for Harry Potter. DGD is just 8 so I figure maybe 10 or two years from now. DGD7 is not the type at all. However she would try to buy every souvenir she could find! I've put her on a budget for WDW in two weeks!

I have priced it out and am doing split stay (in 12 days! Yay!) but for us it's about how much time off from work we can get. We are doing 5 days WDW, 2 days UO with 3 nights at RPR and leaving the next morning. We really will have 1.75 days at UO by the time we check out of Swan and check into RPR but with the Express Pass we'll be fine. Without points, would not be doable. Used URs for Swan and RPR, CSR travel credit x2 for UO tix, SW flights on points/CP, WDW tix with discounted DGC. Still spent $2k and have $1800 in DGC for meals etc.
How do you have 3 nights at PRP but only 1.75 days at UO? Not that it matters, with express pass you'll for sure do everything in a day and a half. The only thing we've ever waited for was Hagrid's

I've had that argument with myself and keeping the $49 card won.
I’m with you on this. I’m not getting very good redemptions any more with it and wish you could add points like the new card. I’ve had to go from Kimpton’s to Holiday Inn Express do to location and travel times but it’s still hard to beat only paying $50 for a night. If only IHG would be like Hyatt and not charge resort fees when staying on FNC/points

And I fumble fingered a 2nd room for 3 out of 4 nights at Grand Floridian Villas! First off I was totally amazed to see the room I needed and didn't expect to see it. @2nd, I left to check to see how many available points I had, instead of going through the booking process and working it out from there.

I can only imagine that the nights were grabbed by either member services or one of the rental bots. If the latter we will see it selling for $1200 a night somewhere.

Not going to cry, just needed a mini vent. I'll keep trying.

And I fumble fingered a 2nd room for 3 out of 4 nights at Grand Floridian Villas! First off I was totally amazed to see the room I needed and didn't expect to see it. @2nd, I left to check to see how many available points I had, instead of going through the booking process and working it out from there.

I can only imagine that the nights were grabbed by either member services or one of the rental bots. If the latter we will see it selling for $1200 a night somewhere.

Not going to cry, just needed a mini vent. I'll keep trying.
It might have been another member. There are folks who refresh and refresh their results to grab their dates. Sorry you're having to keep trying!

I can't believe I'm having another major issue with my travel to Edinburgh tomorrow. I swear I'm having the worst luck lately. I got a text this morning that my flight tomorrow (which was YYZ-->JKF-->FRA-->EDI) had changed to YYZ-->EWR-->EDI. The reason: Lufthansa is staging a 2 day strike at FRA and MUC March 12 & 13th. It isn't enough that the ground crew and security at the same airports staged a strike March 7&8 (which shut down both airports). That's 4 days shut down in less than a week. CRAZY. Warning to anyone traveling through either airport this summer to watch the strikes at FRA and plan backup plans accordingly (unless the strikes are settled before then).

So I called AC regarding my re-booking and it's on a United 757 (2x2 in biz class -- suppose I can deal with it), BUT I don't have a seat. EF is showing 4A as blocked, the rest of the seats are occupied. I just checked in and I still wasn't able to get seat 4A, my boarding pass shows as GAT (which I'm going to guess is gate assignment). My huge issue is: what if I get to the gate and 4A has already been assigned? I cannot sit in economy class overnight (or I would rather not take the trip). I am on hold with United now to see if a CSR can unlock the seat for me.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Tagging @LilSweetPeaPhoto for any insiders insight.

I might change my plans to try to leave YYZ tonight (a flight departing at 10:20) -- I see that there is a direct flight to FRA tomorrow with an onwards connection to EDI, landing at 5:15. One seat remaining in biz class, but it sure beats not having any seat tomorrow....I think.

Last edited:

How do you have 3 nights at PRP but only 1.75 days at UO? Not that it matters, with express pass you'll for sure do everything in a day and a half. The only thing we've ever waited for was Hagrid's
We are switching resorts but you are right. 🤦‍♀️ Somehow I had it in my head we are switching Friday when we are switching Thursday which is a WDW day. So we have Friday and Saturday at UO, home on Sunday morning flight. I had originally wanted to fly home Saturday night but DH wanted to stay and fly in the morning.

No. All you gotta do to prove that to yourself is price out the split stay.

I like some parts of Universal (not the thrill rides) but I've priced out a couple of nights combined with a Disney vacation and it's just too much.

But, two separate trips, yes!
Yeah, I've run the numbers and it really isn't any different cost-wise to tack on extra days to this trip than it would be to just do a separate trip (other than the flights, but we have a ton of SW points).

My biggest concern is that we'll be bored after day 2 at UO and missing the magic. DH can't handle the simulation rides (he's fine on FOP but can't do Star Tours) and those are like half of the park I feel like. Plus none of us except maybe my DS11 are big coaster thrill seekers. I mean, I'll ride Velocicoaster with DS11 but I'll do it scared and screaming the whole time 😂 I'm also totally fine having downtime at the HRH pool if it's nice weather and doing a bunch of the shows too, so I guess we will have plenty to do.

It might have been another member. There are folks who refresh and refresh their results to grab their dates. Sorry you're having to keep trying!
Thank you! I was sorry/not sorry! Three nights were 96 points! I will probably keep trying but we do have the room offsite and we are kind of volunteering to take turns among the adults staying a night each maybe. Or maybe 2 of us will sleep there two nights and the other 2 adults will sleep there for the other 2 nights.

I’m with you on this. I’m not getting very good redemptions any more with it and wish you could add points like the new card. I’ve had to go from Kimpton’s to Holiday Inn Express do to location and travel times but it’s still hard to beat only paying $50 for a night. If only IHG would be like Hyatt and not charge resort fees when staying on FNC/points
I've never been charged resort fees at IHG on points

I've never been charged resort fees at IHG on points
I haven’t either as I never book them lol.

We always fly the night before so I hate wasting DVC points for a Friday night and try to use the FNC for something and then move on site the next morning.

It always shows that there is a fee when booking with points for me.

1710100361231.png

I have a rather urgent question that I can’t find a quick answer online. DD found herself in FL with an extra day and wants to go to WDW tomorrow. Since not staying onsite she will miss early entry but her and her 2 friends plan to show up early anyway the problem is what’s the best and easiest way to buy paperless tickets ahead of time, like today. They don’t want to waste time at the ticket booth in the AM.
I gather DD will need to get the APP but does everyone need it? The more I read the more confused I am. When we went as a family, we stayed onsite and used magic bands

As for points, i guess the best she can do is buy the tickets with her Chase CFU for 1.5X or is there a benefit to using the Disney Visa?

Last edited:
Question for IHG experts, I transferred some points between spouse accts yesterday- how long IRL does it take to see that transfer?
and IHG website...... it's a mess. It took me multiple tries with different browsers to finally succeed (FYI Chrome worked best) and get into transfer points page.....sigh Firefox,safari etc it just glitches every time. That said, I love the program and get so much use out of it every year.... I'm REALLY tempted to get rid of my $49af old card so I can app for that premier card..... (I have the biz card too) I'm trying to figure it out, it doesn't seem 'worth it' to hang onto that old card for the free night, instead would I be smarter to get the premier, pay the $99af,and still get a free night? (and the bonus points)
Sorry don’t know the answer to your question on transferring. Just chiming in I’m a big fan of IHG and get use of my FNCs every year. Domestically I can find a IHG close to everywhere I travel. I have the OG $49AF card. Got that right before they discontinued it. Then I got the $99 AF personal before they put the rule of one personal card. So I’m not churning those. Then they started the biz card and I jumped on that. So I have 3 FNCs now. I’ll use those in September in California. I’ll churn the biz card when I need points. P2 didn’t get the $49 AF card so he’ll churn the personal and biz to accumulate points. Right now he has the biz card.

I have a rather urgent question that I can’t find a quick answer online. DD found herself in FL with an extra day and wants to go to WDW tomorrow. Since not staying onsite she will miss early entry but her and her 2 friends plan to show up early anyway the problem is what’s the best and easiest way to buy paperless tickets ahead of time, like today. They don’t want to waste time at the ticket booth in the AM.
I gather DD will need to get the APP but does everyone need it? The more I read the more confused I am. When we went as a family, we stayed onsite and used magic bands

As for points, i guess the best she can do is buy the tickets with her Chase CFU for 1.5X or is there a benefit to using the Disney Visa?
She can buy a 1 day online at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/theme-parks/

She will have to pick a park or add parkhopper option.

1 Park Per Day
Please select the park you will visit. If you choose a different ticket type, such as the Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus option, no park selection is required.

divider-icon-mk-3x.png

Magic Kingdom Park
$174.00
/
Ticket

divider-icon-ep-3x.png

EPCOT
$159.00
/
Ticket

divider-icon-dhs-3x.png

Disney's Hollywood Studios
$169.00
/
Ticket

divider-icon-ak-3x.png

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
$154.00
/
Ticket

Plus Tax.

Meaning MK tomorrow is $185.31 March 11, 2024.

Usually, tickets from other vendors are higher for single day tickets. For tomorrow, a MK 1 day would be $194.48 from Undercover Tourist for example.

She can buy a 1 day online at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/theme-parks/

She will have to pick a park or add parkhopper option.

1 Park Per Day
Please select the park you will visit. If you choose a different ticket type, such as the Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus option, no park selection is required.

divider-icon-mk-3x.png

Magic Kingdom Park
$174.00
/
Ticket

divider-icon-ep-3x.png

EPCOT
$159.00
/
Ticket

divider-icon-dhs-3x.png

Disney's Hollywood Studios
$169.00
/
Ticket

divider-icon-ak-3x.png

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
$154.00
/
Ticket

Plus Tax.

Meaning MK tomorrow is $185.31 March 11, 2024.

Usually, tickets from other vendors are higher for single day tickets. For tomorrow, a MK 1 day would be $194.48 from Undercover Tourist for example.
Thank you! Do you know how the the tickets are delivered? Are they e tickets sent via email? And then she loads them into her MDE app? One of her friends claims he doesn’t have enough room on his phone and may not be able to load and/or use the app. They want DD to load the others’ tickets on her App but we don’t think it works that way.

I said they should just plan to be very early and buy tickets at the ticket booth. They are going to AK I think

Thank you! Do you know how the the tickets are delivered? Are they e tickets sent via email? And then she loads them into her MDE app? One of her friends claims he doesn’t have enough room on his phone and may not be able to load and/or use the app. They want DD to load the others’ tickets on her App but we don’t think it works that way.

I said they should just plan to be very early and buy tickets at the ticket booth. They are going to AK I think
She can buy tix in the app. She should be able to buy everyone's and add them to her MDE as friends/family. I mean, I have DS and DH in mine and when we went before, I also had my mom. I also linked to my sister and managed her family's tix. As long as she can charge the tix and they can Zelle/Venmo her the $.

I said they should just plan to be very early and buy tickets at the ticket booth. They are going to AK I

better answer above

Last edited:
She can buy tix in the app. She should be able to buy everyone's and add them to her MDE as friends/family. I mean, I have DS and DH in mine and when we went before, I also had my mom. I also linked to my sister and managed her family's tix. As long as she can charge the tix and they can Zelle/Venmo her the $.

Delivered as e-tickets. Just did this a few days ago.

You load them on MDE on the app. After that I'm lost as I use my magic band.

Maybe someone else can help?

Any chance of them buying at Disney Springs today?
Thanks! So she has the tickets in her MDE shopping cart and added her friends names but hasn’t confirmed the order because we are unsure of the next steps. Since nobody has a magic band or physical card, how will each of them tap into the gate? Also will the email come immediately?

No chance of getting to Disney springs today 😞

Delivered as e-tickets. Just did this a few days ago.

You load them on MDE on the app. After that I'm lost as I use my magic band.

I struck through my answer because I just realized I bought my ticket through UC, not Disney so although I checked Disney prices, I didn't follow through on delivery.

Maybe someone else can help?

Any chance of them buying at Disney Springs today?
@DogCat In MDE there's a way to get a pass for each person/tix to add to Apple Wallet (only know Apple) so you don't need Magic bands or even to open your phone. In MDE, lower right corner, click 3 lines and scroll to Set Up MagicMobile entry. It will log you in then add a pass to wallet which you can also share. It says it will be active from the Lock Screen on your phone. (Have this setup but not used since our trip is coming up.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter