I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Thanks! So she has the tickets in her MDE shopping cart and added her friends names but hasn’t confirmed the order because we are unsure of the next steps. Since nobody has a magic band or physical card, how will each of them tap into the gate? Also will the email come immediately?

No chance of getting to Disney springs today 😞
See above. But I think if you buy in the app, no need for an email, they will be loaded already

Thanks! So she has the tickets in her MDE shopping cart and added her friends names but hasn’t confirmed the order because we are unsure of the next steps. Since nobody has a magic band or physical card, how will each of them tap into the gate? Also will the email come immediately?

No chance of getting to Disney springs today 😞
Mine looks like this. First screen to add, second pic is after I added mine. I used the Select Passes to Share for my DS & DH to add to their phones.
3DFDC949-B485-439E-9B72-7C3282AAFA49.pngE48C5B17-6799-4252-AD93-F1DEC2153915.jpeg

Last edited:
@DogCat In MDE there's a way to get a pass for each person/tix to add to Apple Wallet (only know Apple) so you don't need Magic bands or even to open your phone. In MDE, lower right corner, click 3 lines and scroll to Set Up MagicMobile entry. It will log you in then add a pass to wallet which you can also share. It says it will be active from the Lock Screen on your phone. (Have this setup but not used since our trip is coming up.)
Wow this sounds promising!! They all have iPhones. But does each person still need the MDE app or can their ticket be added somehow to their Apple wallets without using the app on their phone?

I've had the weirdest Amazon experiences lately which makes me reluctant to buy food/dog food from them. Maybe it's just bad luck. Started with a case of Blue Buffalo dog food for my 17-year old dog. The food was not very wet--almost crumbly. Expiration date was fine. Then I ordered 1 oz. bags of Doritos which I usually get at Sam's but didn't feel like going to Sam's in Naples. I swear they just tasted off. Then I wanted some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (again usually buy at Sam's) and they weren't expired but the color and texture was off. And I know my diet sounds horrible:) Not eating or sleeping well and just wanting my comfort foods.

Last edited:
And I fumble fingered a 2nd room for 3 out of 4 nights at Grand Floridian Villas! First off I was totally amazed to see the room I needed and didn't expect to see it. @2nd, I left to check to see how many available points I had, instead of going through the booking process and working it out from there.

I can only imagine that the nights were grabbed by either member services or one of the rental bots. If the latter we will see it selling for $1200 a night somewhere.

Not going to cry, just needed a mini vent. I'll keep trying.
Oh no…hopefully you will be able to grab it….

Wow this sounds promising!! They all have iPhones. But does each person still need the MDE app or can their ticket be added somehow to their Apple wallets without using the app on their phone?
I’ve gotten cards- like the hotel key kind- upon entry when something wasn’t quite working right with my app. Even if it is working right I’m sure you can still ask for them. That lets everyone control their own entry/line scanning (still linked to the app making the plans) without relying on being attached to the person with the phone. It’s the same thing as the apple wallet, just a physical version.

Edited to clarify: everything they have done so far is the same, buying the tickets electronically, each person just gets their own card when they enter for the first time.

I've had the weirdest Amazon experiences lately which makes me reluctant to buy food/dog food from them. Maybe it's just bad luck. Started with a case of Blue Buffalo dog food for my 17-year old dog. The food was not very wet--almost crumbly. Expiration date was fine. Then I ordered 1 oz. bags of Doritos which I usually get at Sam's but didn't feel like going to Sam's in Naples. I swear they just tasted off. Then I wanted some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (again usually buy at Sam's) and they weren't expired but the color and texture was off. And I know my diet sounds horrible:) Not eating or sleeping well and just wanting my comfort foods.

If it's all stuff bought in FL I'd be concerned with the amount of time anything food is in a delivery van regardless of where it's shipped from. Easiest to tell with the reeses if they've melted or anything.

I got some m&ms on clearance a couple months ago that were still before their date but when I ate them they were off. Given this store never has that brand on clearance after a holiday and we were well past it, I can only figure they found them hidden in the back and they hadn't been stored properly. The color on the candy coating was kind of spotty too. I thought it was odd they had them but didn't think anything of it until they tasted off.

Storage could also be an issue in FL depending on unload from the original truck to how long it sits on the dock near a door and stuff.

Just back from my first stay at the Swan using 4 FNC. loved the room and location. staff was very nice.
did not like: bus service (walked to BW for MK, walked to studios and epcot. took bus to Springs and AK, drop off was a long walk to entrances. Coming back, extremely long waits, wound up doing Lyft from AK.
resort fee $45/night even using points and FNC. Pool closed 2 days for private events.
but hey did use those 4 FNC that would've expired.
It was hot 87 and humid all week, arks weren't crazy other than Epcot. flew out of new Term C from MCO which was beautiful, not packed, and lounge very nice.

Now I need to work on the Budapest-NYC, EWR, PHL flight. wish there was a non stop option. I'm thinking if lufthansa is ticketing the entire flight with the 1 hr layover in Munich from Budapest they must think it's doable. not like I'm doing it as 2 separate flights.

need to call amex to see if insurance will cover another person if i buy the ticket with my plat card,

and fingers crossed her passport renewal is quick (i am paying so she can exedite)

now I'll need another MSR to hit!

I’ve gotten cards- like the hotel key kind- upon entry when something wasn’t quite working right with my app. Even if it is working right I’m sure you can still ask for them. That lets everyone control their own entry/line scanning (still linked to the app making the plans) without relying on being attached to the person with the phone. It’s the same thing as the apple wallet, just a physical version.

Edited to clarify: everything they have done so far is the same, buying the tickets electronically, each person just gets their own card when they enter for the first time.
So if they ended up wanting or needing their own cards, where would they get them? At the ticket booth?

So if they ended up wanting or needing their own cards, where would they get them? At the ticket booth?
Nope nothing special to do- just where you scan your magic band/phone to enter they will give you a card linked to your ticket (they are cute! different characters). I would imagine you could could have all 3 if you really wanted- band, iPhone, card, they are all linked to the same thing just a different way of accessing. A card is easier to lose than a phone (hopefully!),but I like anything that means I don’t have to use my phone more than I already do.

Since I was in the mod tools for DISchurners I forced myself to finally update the Wiki that I've been telling myself I'll do "at some point".

There's still work to be done but I should have cleared out the most egregious offenses - like the SPG awards and partners, and updated some dead links from years back.

Eventually I'm going to try to get some of the 'advanced strategies' posts that have become common place now added in - like the MDD steps and Southwest CP strategies. But that might have to wait until next weekend. I think I've procrastinated on my taxes enough already!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful advice regarding Maldives.

Hilton Conrad just opened up for the dates in Feb 2025 that DW and I wanted. I had previously booked QSuites BOS-DOH-MLE and return as well.

I'll give a word of advise regarding QR bookings using Avios. Make sure all your BA Avios are transferred into QR prior to booking. I had 387K Avios in BA, and transferred the exact amount for 2 Qsuites round trip (340K) to QR. When I went to book the outbound flight using the phone app, I was forced to login to BA to complete my purchase (170K Avios). I somehow messed up my BA login and couldn't complete the purchase. I went into a panic when I tried restarting and there was no availability. Luckily the reservation was still in the system and the customer service rep was able to clear that reservation and I rebooked immediately. QR used 157K of the 340K and then grabbed the remaining 23K Avios from BA.

When the return flight opened up a few days later, I had transferred all BA Avios to QR the day prior. QR and BA allow transfers between your BA and QR accounts in both directions.

Another piece of advise, have everyone travelling already fully registered on the Qatar Website. It makes booking a lot smoother. And be ready to book at the exact time flights open, which is 3AM Qatar Time/ 7PM EST.

Our trip would only work for 1 or 2 specific dates for travelling so booking the airfare was pretty nerve wracking.

I haven’t either as I never book them lol.

We always fly the night before so I hate wasting DVC points for a Friday night and try to use the FNC for something and then move on site the next morning.

It always shows that there is a fee when booking with points for me.

View attachment 840722
IDK...it shows this but I'm on my 4th stay with this hotel and never charged that fee on top of points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter