I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Just noticed Amex is removing SiriusXM from the Platinum monthly digital credits. Sirius and Audible were my main uses of this credit and both gone now (or will be soon).

Amex just seems to be getting worse and worse in comparison to Chase.
Audible is gone as a digital credit?! That's what I use mine for too. Grrrrr! Amex platinum is showing me they're not worth keeping.

I’d love to crochet on the plane but I’ve read too many accounts of hooks being confiscated by TSA. Seems very bit or miss if they let them through. I mainly read on my kindle or watch a movie I down loaded to my iPad. I just watched flamin’ hot on my last trip. Loved it!
Oh wow I didn't even think about the hooks being confiscated. I actually had a whole set of them in my backpack.

ETA: I just looked up crochet hooks on the TSA website and the official word is they are okay in both checked and carryon bags: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/crochet-hooks

I just did this the other day. Go to your biz AA account. When I log in to AA it has a drop-down personal account/business account. Then click transfer and type your name. Click on that and then # of points to transfer.
I didn't find a drop-down menu, but I did find a place to click transfer. Typed my name and sent the points. Now they've disappeared from the business account but not yet shown up in the personal account. Fingers crossed that they will eventually!

I guess this process has to be done manually each month. Not exactly motivating me to keep the biz card once the SUB is met/year is up!

Good News - I got my new Chase BIZ WOH credit card with a $10k CL (moved from some other cards) today and started putting charges on it already.

Bad News - I will be done with my SUB MSR of $6k in my next charge and then some.

I got some legal bills to pay for March in the amount of about $20k. Actually, I have to pay them this week. This will take care of this MSR and then some.

My Mom is having her 3rd eye surgery in April and her deductible in Jan for her 2nd surgery was about $2800. So I expect the same amount until she hits her annual max OOP. Auto insurance will be due in March for 2 cars and another car in April.

I think I need another card!!!! 🤯 I already sent an SM to Chase for them to move $10k in CL from another business card to the biz WOH card. They replied that they received my SM and the typical response that they will get back to me in 2-3 days.

How long will I have to wait after getting the Biz WOH before applying for the personal WOH card? I think I may try to "shoot for the moon" (reference to Hearts card game) and try to obtain Hyatt Globalist status this year since I have so much organic spend. The one silver lining to lots of legal bills. The reason of why we have so much legal bills, not so good. Oh well.

Any advice about Hyatt Globalist or about getting both the biz and personal WOH cards right after each other sould be appreciated.

Good News - I got my new Chase BIZ WOH credit card with a $10k CL (moved from some other cards) today and started putting charges on it already.

Bad News - I will be done with my SUB MSR of $6k in my next charge and then some.

I got some legal bills to pay for March in the amount of about $20k. Actually, I have to pay them this week. This will take care of this MSR and then some.

My Mom is having her 3rd eye surgery in April and her deductible in Jan for her 2nd surgery was about $2800. So I expect the same amount until she hits her annual max OOP. Auto insurance will be due in March for 2 cars and another car in April.

I think I need another card!!!! 🤯 I already sent an SM to Chase for them to move $10k in CL from another business card to the biz WOH card. They replied that they received my SM and the typical response that they will get back to me in 2-3 days.

How long will I have to wait after getting the Biz WOH before applying for the personal WOH card? I think I may try to "shoot for the moon" (reference to Hearts card game) and try to obtain Hyatt Globalist status this year since I have so much organic spend. The one silver lining to lots of legal bills. The reason of why we have so much legal bills, not so good. Oh well.

Any advice about Hyatt Globalist or about getting both the biz and personal WOH cards right after each other sould be appreciated.

Depends on how fast you've gotten other Chase cards and your risk tolerance. It doesn't really matter that they're both Hyatt cards, just that it's another Chase card.

I don't see the rush though if the goal is to get to Globalist with spend. The biz card earns more elite nights per spend than the personal card. As a side benefit, if you hit $50k, you'll get 10% back on award stays up to 20k points back.

My SM's have been answered next day lately, so hopefully your CL will be moved by tomorrow.

If you are determined to go for Globalist, remember that the Biz card gets you 5 qualifying nights for every $10k spend so I am not sure you need to rush to get the personal assuming you will still have the spend later in the year. Nonetheless, the personal is worth getting at some point and putting $15k spend on to get the extra FNC.

As far as timing, if your Chase velocity is in good shape, then I don't think there is any hard and fast rule preventing you from applying for the personal now. Personally, I would give it 30 days, but thats just me.

As for Globalist, I love it. Difficult to say how much I have 'saved' with free breakfasts, no resort fees, free parking etc, but I have gotten some wonderful upgrades that has certainly enhanced several vacations.

Is the hyatt biz churnable? It's been almost 2 years since I had the card. May have a big house spend coming up that my mom will let me put on the card and then pay me for. I was thinking about trying amex biz gold or plat but the hyatt points and status for next year would be more useful than mr. I have an ink I need to close, only way I'll get any kind of card from chase.

This could be a better option, though I don't yet know if they take cards and if it includes amex. We need to get a permit from the city before we move to that step.

If my P2 gets an AA cc, can I book a flight on my CSR, but still be able to get a free bag? Or does it have to be booked on the AA card?
Travel doesn't have to be booked on the AA card, I always book mine on my CSP, but the bag benefit is only for the primary cardholder and anyone on their reservation. My wife is flying a couple days after me and she doesn't get the benefit. I think I can link separate reservations and get her the benefit when we fly home together.
Oh wow I didn't even think about the hooks being confiscated. I actually had a whole set of them in my backpack.

ETA: I just looked up crochet hooks on the TSA website and the official word is they are okay in both checked and carryon bags: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/crochet-hooks
While it's allowed by regulations, there will always be one security actor, somewhere that will tell you that you can't have it. What's more important, being right or being on the plane?

Could have been, as I don't think the high SUB was around for a solid 13-14 months if using my first/last dates (November 22 to Jan 24). I think I may have asked for a match somewhere in the middle as well. Maybe my July 23 was a match request... don't remember for sure though, and I didn't note that on my spreadsheet.
so you're saying they will still match that 90?

It seems hit or miss. The denial DPs shows that something's definitely changed. But there are still plenty of people being approved too. I can't tell a clear pattern yet. Recon doesn't seem to work either or moving CL from other biz cards to get approved.

I've been closing cards older than a year, spacing them out. Will be going for my next one soon, so guess I'll see. 🤞
refresh my memory please...... to actually close a card, you have to call? Or can you SM?

Global Entry- or TSA precheck,if I have a CSR does it pay for both of these programs,or I have to choose one?

Global Entry- or TSA precheck,if I have a CSR does it pay for both of these programs,or I have to choose one?
You have to choose one. Global Entry includes precheck but is a much more involved process. I've had Precheck for 5 years, got another card that gave me a credit and wanted Global Entry, took 371 days to get the Conditional Approval. Next month I will drive 4 hours to have an in person, 10 minute interview and then drive 4 hours home. My wife renewed her Precheck from her office yesterday. My MIL signed up for Precheck at our local small airport in December and had it in three days. If there is a decent chance you will do international travel in the next five years, or you don't have and don't want a REAL ID compliant ID, I would go with Global Entry. If international travel is unlikely and you already have a Real ID, I'd go with Precheck.

Thanks for the thorough info! Don't need Global/TSA credit as I have that on too many cards to count, lol. Do you find that the prices of hotels/flights are inflated when going through CapOne's portal? Sometimes I find that with Chase UR portal, like with rental cars sometimes the price is way higher than I can find on Expedia or even through Costco, for example.

I guess my net on the card, provided I can use the entire $300 travel credit with no issue, would be $95. So $95 for 75K SUB and priority pass/lounge access. Are CapOne's miles easy to use? Can they be cashed out? I'm a total newbie to CapOne as you can tell!
Just a warning in case nobody has said this yet. Don't get your hopes too high. CapitalOne's approval algorithm is absolutely bonkers when it comes to sophisticated credit card customers. My scores hover up around 820, my utilization is never higher than 2%, and I can get approved for any card on the planet except for CapitalOne. No matter what I do, they won't give me anything other than "Quicksilver for Good Credit," "SavorOne for Good Credit," and "Platinum Mastercard," which are all garbage-tier junk designed for college students.

Just a warning in case nobody has said this yet. Don't get your hopes too high. CapitalOne's approval algorithm is absolutely bonkers when it comes to sophisticated credit card customers. My scores hover up around 820, my utilization is never higher than 2%, and I can get approved for any card on the planet except for CapitalOne. No matter what I do, they won't give me anything other than "Quicksilver for Good Credit," "SavorOne for Good Credit," and "Platinum Mastercard," which are all garbage-tier junk designed for college students.
I can’t believe you can’t get the savor unless you don’t want the fee. I would disagree with you on the QS being designed for college students as that is the same as the CFU before they added multiplyers to it.

Is it a premium card? No but I would not call it junk either.

BTW capitalone.com/credit-cards/compare/?filter=excellent shows the QS and the savor one as Excellent but then again it also shows one for Walmart as requiring Excellent credit so who knows what capital one is thinking :)

I can’t believe you can’t get the savor unless you don’t want the fee. I would disagree with you on the QS being designed for college students as that is the same as the CFU before they added multiplyers to it.

Is it a premium card? No but I would not call it junk either.

BTW capitalone.com/credit-cards/compare/?filter=excellent shows the QS and the savor one as Excellent but then again it also shows one for Walmart as requiring Excellent credit so who knows what capital one is thinking :)
Quicksilver and "Quicksilver for Good Credit" are not the same product, nor are SavorOne and "SavorOne for Good Credit."

Savor
SavorOne
SavorOne for Good Credit

are three different cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter