I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Ok I applied for Global entry- finding an appt is gonna be fun - I can drive 4 hours to get one really soon.... not sure I want to do that though. So I see another option, I'd like to check for a certain date in June, but It won't let me click on that location,saying it's full till April something. Dos that mean I need to check regularly to see if they open up for dates I want?
That's what I did and I eventually found appointments for me, DH, and DD all within the same week but not on the same day. (in other words, we had to go to the airport and pay for parking 3 times). :headache: Now you can also do the interview upon arrival which would take up far less of your time.
Yes it will be backdated. He would get his own PP card…there is a $75 fee for each authorized user on the CSR
I had no idea they would do this. Good to know - thanks!

Not quite caught up from the thread, just catching up after our son's wedding this past weekend.

A small vent......!!

Has anyone here ever booked a vacation, in this case to Disney, when someone very closely related by blood to your family suddenly says, I want to go? But never uttered a single thought in the last nine months while reservations were being made, flights were being scheduled, road trip planned, meals set up, tickets purchased for those without tickets????
And who has been there but has not wanted to go on this trip or others similar?

And now out of the blue is coming????

Yes, I'm dealing with this right now.

Points to the rescue.

Separate room booked for arrival night at the airport.
Checked for flight - available, but they have to pay for that one, coming and going.
Separate room booked in Lake Buena Vista with a free shuttle and free breakfast. (Nothing at my Grand Floridian Villas but just in case I put in a waitlist.)
They can share our room and park plans during the days but must sleep elsewhere.

All the meals I've booked for 5, we will show up with 6 as I think that ship has sailed and if not accommodated, fast food for them. (I'm being a bit heartless now.) But, Boathouse, Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Grand Floridian Cafe - pretty sure we will all get in. We are doing quick service and offsite as well. I want to go to a pizza spot I like.

Oh and Disney ticket - I have a 5day one park per day that can be switched to date based - I've already called. I'm amazing. This ticket was purchased for them and they didn't go way back when. Have kept it in my stash.

Transportation back and forth to airport - will switch it to an Uber for 2-3 people depending on who wants to ride with whom.

This is my DD's husband, my son in law, who doesn't really enjoy theme parks but now wants to come.
DD is now in a taxi on her way to her Sacred Valley hotel from Lima. @FreeDiningFanatic - they stayed at Crowne Plaza at Lima airport, huge room, but nothing special otherwise - definitely adequate. They are on their way to the marriott.
So I'm in travel agent mode.

This is the guy who has done many projects for me and saved me loads of contractor money. I couldn't say no.
I have dealt with this and just about any other trip would be easier to add someone to than Disney. You are a gem!

@FreeDiningFanatic

The Sacred valley hotel is amazing according to DD. Will have more to report as time goes on as I asked her to send an email detailing what she likes. Not sure how soon that will happen.

She did a video walk through of the room with me and it looked very nice. Plate of what looked like chocolate as a welcome. Nice coffee set up and other snacks but not sure if they were items to buy.
Ground floor room walking onto a patio, all gorgeous.
The Tambo del Inka in Sacred Valley has been on my list, as has Palacio del Inka in Cusco and the JW Marriott in Lima.

Here's a pic of baby Llama Alpaca at the Tambo del Inka Marriott in Urubamba. Real, live ones. My DGD wants her to bring one home and keep at a friend's farm. She has it all planned out. Edit: I keep getting the animals mixed up!

View attachment 840941
OMG they are so adorable. I absolutely need to book this trip.

Question for IHG experts, I transferred some points between spouse accts yesterday- how long IRL does it take to see that transfer?
I haven't done a transfer before but some points purchases are immediate and some have taken several days.

Yeah, I've run the numbers and it really isn't any different cost-wise to tack on extra days to this trip than it would be to just do a separate trip (other than the flights, but we have a ton of SW points).

My biggest concern is that we'll be bored after day 2 at UO and missing the magic. DH can't handle the simulation rides (he's fine on FOP but can't do Star Tours) and those are like half of the park I feel like. Plus none of us except maybe my DS11 are big coaster thrill seekers. I mean, I'll ride Velocicoaster with DS11 but I'll do it scared and screaming the whole time 😂 I'm also totally fine having downtime at the HRH pool if it's nice weather and doing a bunch of the shows too, so I guess we will have plenty to do.

I know my opinion differs from others, but we really only enjoyed the HP lands at UO. We for sure missed the Disney magic. I think we share similar issues with the simulation rides and not being huge real roller coaster fans. It just wasn't the park for us. IDK if I would recommend booking a split stay, I just know I won't spend my money at UO again.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but your question reminded me of another question I had. If my CSR is older than 2 years and I add DH as an AU, will it be backdated and not count against his 5/24? Also do AUs get their own Priority Pass card? I just got rid of his Plat, and since he travels for work occasionally, I'd like to get him a card w/lounge benefits.
I agree with @palhockeymomof2 that it will be backdated and not count toward 5/24. Yes, he will get his own Priority Pass card. Additionally, IME if you add him as an AU after your CSR AF posts then that $75 fee doesn't get charged until the next renewal. Granted, I've only done this once and it was several years ago but maybe someone else can chime in with a more recent experience.

I apologize if this has already been covered, but next quarter Chase Freedom Flex offers 5% back on hotels. Does anyone know if I make a payment on my disney package will this qualify, or does it need to be strictly a hotel?

I agree with @palhockeymomof2 that it will be backdated and not count toward 5/24. Yes, he will get his own Priority Pass card. Additionally, IME if you add him as an AU after your CSR AF posts then that $75 fee doesn't get charged until the next renewal. Granted, I've only done this once and it was several years ago but maybe someone else can chime in with a more recent experience.
This would be great! My AF posted in Nov '23, so I could add him now (hopefully without a fee for 8 months)!

I know my opinion differs from others, but we really only enjoyed the HP lands at UO. We for sure missed the Disney magic. I think we share similar issues with the simulation rides and not being huge real roller coaster fans. It just wasn't the park for us. IDK if I would recommend booking a split stay, I just know I won't spend my money at UO again.
First, congrats on your son's wedding!

Your post reminded me that I had wanted to share similar sentiments after smallsy asked their question. I wouldn't say I won't spend money at UO again, we particularly enjoy going to Halloween Horror Nights once every few years. But for us, there isn't a lot outside of the HP lands (plus the Spider-Man ride and the Bourne Stuntacular). There are way too many screen-based rides that are really lackluster/low quality imo (Jimmy Falon and especially Fast & Furious being the worst of the bunch), and the lack of good nighttime spectaculars leaves me wanting.

So what we usually do is that every few years we tack a night at UO to a week-long WDW trip. Portofino Bay being part of Amex FHR is great for this purpose, that's a very nice hotel and it included express pass. So we do is fly in early, spend part of the day at UO to see HP stuff, go to hotel to take a nap, then do HHN at night. The next morning, head to WDW for the rest of the vacation. I assume we'll do this as well sometimes after Epic Universe opens, that park is rumored to be impressive and may even have a nighttime spectacular!

ETA: if I hadn't been to UO before, I would spend a full two park days there to see everything at least once without rushing!

When's your trip to Fiji? Another option is to do Enrollment on Arrival when you come back from an international trip. It would need to be a participating airport, but no appointment is needed.
it has to be arrival from an international trip right? I'm not going anywhere except domestic till then- so it would have to be on my way back from there which kind of defeats the purpose for me

it has to be arrival from an international trip right? I'm not going anywhere except domestic till then- so it would have to be on my way back from there which kind of defeats the purpose for me

If you are flying domestically into or out of Miami, the GE office is OUTSIDE of security and they took walk-ins the 4 times we were there for our appointments (even though walk ins are not advertised online).

If you are flying into or out of ANY airport that participates in enrollment on arrival, even if domestically, I would check out where the office is and give it a try.

Chiming in to say that my family felt the same. We enjoyed the HP part of both parks, but just didn't really like the rest of them. We did a split stay with a much longer WDW trip and were ready to leave US after one day. It's funny, because we went to US in CA a few years ago and we enjoyed that park (and that was before they put anything HP in the park).

If you upgrade to the CSR, do you qualify immediately for the improved travel benefits? Say I pay for taxes/fees with a CSP but then later upgrade to the CSR before the trip - do the benefits at time of booking on the CSP apply, or do the benefits of the CSR apply when the travel date actually arrives (thinking specifically about travel benefits like delays)?
Coming back to answer my own question. I called Chase and the agent said that if I paid for taxes/fees with a CSP then the CSP travel benefits would apply even if I changed to a CSR before the travel dates. I'm not sure whether or not I believe that the agent knew what they were talking about. But I had DH call to pc his CSP to a CSR and they were able to confirm on the same phone call that the upgrade was complete and the CSR was showing on his account.

Coming back to answer my own question. I called Chase and the agent said that if I paid for taxes/fees with a CSP then the CSP travel benefits would apply even if I changed to a CSR before the travel dates. I'm not sure whether or not I believe that the agent knew what they were talking about. But I had DH call to pc his CSP to a CSR and they were able to confirm on the same phone call that the upgrade was complete and the CSR was showing on his account.
I would think you would either have the CSR benefits since you have that card now or NONE as you no longer have the card that paid for the fees. I don’t see how you would get any of the CSP benefits without holding that card. I’m certainly hoping they would turn into the CSR benefits as the card number did not change from the PC.

Question on the CSR travel credit - if I were to change my CSP to a CSR, would items charged to my room at Disney qualify for the travel credit? Not ready to do it for this trip, but going forward.

Question on the CSR travel credit - if I were to change my CSP to a CSR, would items charged to my room at Disney qualify for the travel credit? Not ready to do it for this trip, but going forward.
Yes if you charge food & merch to your room and then pay at the hotel it will code as travel and any of the $300 you have left would come off and any remaining would earn 3x points

Yes if you charge food & merch to your room and then pay at the hotel it will code as travel and any of the $300 you have left would come off and any remaining would earn 3x points

Thank you! Maybe I should go ahead and do it this trip. What is the timing for getting the credit twice and then going back to CSP? I'm sort of kicking myself as in the last several months I've used UR's quite a bit through the travel portal at 1.25 with my CSP. I've also got 6 people times 5 expensive restaurants to pay for - probably 2K easily, plus other stuff and I haven't picked up enough DGCs to cover it all as I used so many paying dues.

editing again - plus paying for an extra rental car, since my car is not big enough for 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter