I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I looked at them. The IHG points are at $5 per thousand (if I did the math correctly) which is a bit cheaper as mostly I'm seeing $6 per thousand on the IHG website looking at cash and points. This is not enough for me to stock up as I've got a little stash from my last card. The rest of the offers were not anything I wanted.

I might go for the IHG points as I tend to max out my annual allowance from points.com and dp suggest that these won't count towards those maximums. Looks like it may also code as travel, so I could use a card which earns a decent rate in the travel category.

I am also behind on this. Is there a reason people aren't doing a $100 gc for an OOP cost of 41.95, since the quarterly benefit is $60? This still represents a 16% savings on that second $50 gc, which is a gc savings rate I often see people jump at.

Also, do you really think you'll permanently move to Florida?

For me I don't want to spend extra. I have the biz, which I'll cancel when the af hits, and a Surpass I'll upgrade soon. I've already got $150 and need to order 2 more for q2.

For AmEx Marriott Bevy and Marriott Brilliant, can you hold both at once? Preference as to which card is better. We have a bunch of expenses as we get the house ready to sell as we head south to MS for a few years as DS is Ole Miss bound!
Congratulations!

I am also behind on this. Is there a reason people aren't doing a $100 gc for an OOP cost of 41.95, since the quarterly benefit is $60? This still represents a 16% savings on that second $50 gc, which is a gc savings rate I often see people jump at.

I thought about doing a $50 and a $25 but ended up just doing a $50.

And I would move there tomorrow if I had a job down there. My mom is 80 and I really want to be near her now that she's by herself. The housing prices are crazy and the HOAs are insanely expensive, but I could make it work.

The main reason for me is not knowing how certain or quickly I can use them. Will the hotels allow them to serve as a credit against the room rate? Can I only use them for food, spa services and ancillary room charges? If its easy to liquidate and use, then I may consider going to 100s next year on the one Biz I keep.

For those of you who have bought Hilton GCs to use your credit, does it show up on your acct as "Hilton Buy?" I just bought some pts last week from the same site that offers the GCs and that is how it coded, but I haven't received the credit.

ETA: they are 2 different websites

Last edited:

For those of you who have bought Hilton GCs to use your credit, does it show up on your acct as "Hilton Buy?" I just bought some pts last week from the same site that offers the GCs and that is how it coded, but I haven't received the credit.
I have done two now (Q1 & Q2). It takes a few days to register the credit. Q1 purchase on 3/28 and credit given 3/31. Q2 purchase on 4/5 and credit given 4/8.

Did you do any other matches? You could match at Hard Rock and get $50-100 in food/bev. Match at Resorts World and use that to match at Fountaine Bleu (We got $150 there). I plan on matching at Wynn when we are there at the end of the month.

That card has gotten me SOOOOOO much free. We did the matching in AC though so we matched to Ocean's which got us free nights at Resorts World and $100 F/B and $100 Free play.

The only one I knew about was Wynn, but I think that one requires 2 separate stays. Maybe next time!

Nope. RBG Hilton Gift Card.

The website for the gift cards doesn't sell points. I haven't seen anything about being able to use the credit for points. It's not supposed to work for the gc.
Thanks! I just went back to the website again and realized it is a different website.

Remind me. If I cancel the IHG Biz, how long before I apply again? I hit the 24 mos mark. I think the SUB is pretty good right now, and I need a spend. It's that or another Ink. But since I have 4 Inks (2 CIC, 2 CIU) I think maybe churning the IHG Biz right now instead.

Woke up to an offer for the Amex Gold for 90K points and $50 credit for $6K spend. I had this card for a few years and canceled it maybe 2 years ago. I think Amex is teasing me. But, they did give me the Surpass last year....

Another newbie international question. Most likely booking a flight on Air France from US to Rome with a layover in CDG. How do you know if you have to pick up luggage in CDG and recheck it or if it is booked through to Rome?

Another newbie international question. Most likely booking a flight on Air France from US to Rome with a layover in CDG. How do you know if you have to pick up luggage in CDG and recheck it or if it is booked through to Rome?
you usually have to go to passport control not customs in Paris. I had to take my bags to the next airline this was during covid not sure if it changed now. But I went Paris to nice they made me take my bags through the airport.

Any data points on retention offers on Amex Bonvoy Biz card? I got a credit last year (4/29). My AF just posted. Can I get another offer this year? Do I need to wait until it has been 12 months since last offer?

you usually have to go to passport control not customs in Paris. I had to take my bags to the next airline this was during covid not sure if it changed now. But I went Paris to nice they made me take my bags through the airport.
Thanks for the info. Did they tell you that you would have to do that? or you saw on your luggage tags it stopped in Paris?

Did you have to call to transfer the Cap One points? DH's annual fee came up - don't need the card but he has a bunch of points I want to transfer to my account.
Yes, DH had to call to transfer his points to me. It was pretty straightforward. I think the points arrived immediately after the call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter