I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's a good sign so far. I'm always surprised when someone pulls EQ so maybe Chase will hang out by themselves over there :) With the weird SW card are you gonna go for broke and try for the Hyatt tomorrow?

I think I’m going to give it a shot. I’m hoping this other one just gets approved tomorrow. This whole App-o-Rama has been a major fail. I did the Arrival A+- went pending then denied
US Bank- pending I tried to check the status online not working
AA barclay-still pending
BOA- instant denial
Citi AA-instant denial (this is bizzare maybe he needs to verify himself)
Amex Gold- popup so cancelled app.

Got around to doing the AmEx offer for Boxed, spend $75 get $20. First time with Boxed and first time with Ibotta. Checked dischurners first (@SouthFayetteFan @wendow :D).
So bought about $100 worth (with tax) of a boatload of toilet paper and tissue, lol.

Should be getting:
-$20 AmEx
-$15 first time Boxed
-$10 first time Ibotta
-$18 Ibotta cashback (although I have no idea how they got this amount)
-$5 Ibotta cashback bonus on $80+ Boxed

Paying effectively $32. :)

How hard is it to figure out Ibotta? I more or less understand Swagbucks, Dosh, and RMN but I installed Shopkicks on my phone ages ago and have yet to use it.

It is with EIN.
Good luck! I was similar. Applied for CIU about 45 days ago and denied for too many cards with chase recently. Too much credit. So applied for EIN. Waited the 30 days plus a few extra. Used EIN and got CIP #2 about 10 days ago. Also lowered credit limits across chase personal and business cards, and even no chase cards. Figured I didn’t need so much credit and lower would be better. It worked. Now to get player two a second CIP

How hard is it to figure out Ibotta? I more or less understand Swagbucks, Dosh, and RMN but I installed Shopkicks on my phone ages ago and have yet to use it.

I also do not use shopkicks even though I signed up long ago. I just don't get it. Ibotta is much easier, imo. I have shopped through their links and earned some pretty nice bonuses. I also check my receipts after going to Target, Costco, the grocery store, etc...about 50% of the time...and occasionally there is something I purchased that I get a small rebate for. I do best with the 'any brand' rebates. I have a friend who uses Ibotta and earns about $50/mo back because she goes through the Ibotta app and decides which brands to buy based on that. I never take the time for that sadly.

I read on DoC about a 3.3% checking account at Heritage Bank, up to $25K balance, need 10+ debit card transactions (it didn't mention a minimum transaction amount), one direct deposit or ACH per month, and enroll in e-statements.
^^^
Can I just thank whoever told us to join heritage bank? We average about $65-70 each month in interest. I can’t believe we are literally getting that money for free every month

I think it was me! You're welcome. I've been meaning to ask if you have had a good experience with it. Sounds like a yes to me. :)

Those of you chatting about proactively lowering CL's inspired me to do this again for dh. I *just* did it back in the summer but he's since gotten several new cards, including two Chase. I'd like to go for the SW biz in late Dec/early Jan so I wanted to clean things up again. Next I need to tackle my CL's but mine seem so much more daunting!

Called up Amex and said I wanted to keep the card but needed an incentive. By way of background, I didn’t get a bonus when opening as it’s the AMERIPRISE version but also did not pay an annual fee, so for one annual fee coming up in February, -$550, I’ll be getting $400 in uber credits, $150 in Saks credit, $400 in SW gift cards, global entry fee, PP, and at least 5 Centurion lounge visits (home airport is PHL), plus a free authorized user for one year (family of 4). I’m not even counting Amex offers..lol
I’d say I more than made up for the annual fee I’m paying in February.

That's a nice lounge. We've been there a few times, and DD is in that one at least 5 times a year. I like it much more than the one we have here.

I just counted...I am working on 9 separate MSRs. :crazy2:

:worship: Wow!

Got around to doing the AmEx offer for Boxed, spend $75 get $20. First time with Boxed and first time with Ibotta. Checked dischurners first (@SouthFayetteFan @wendow :D).
So bought about $100 worth (with tax) of a boatload of toilet paper and tissue, lol.

Should be getting:
-$20 AmEx
-$15 first time Boxed
-$10 first time Ibotta
-$18 Ibotta cashback (although I have no idea how they got this amount)
-$5 Ibotta cashback bonus on $80+ Boxed

Paying effectively $32. :)
Hey Thanks!! That credited already too :)

I've had great experiences with Boxed so far - FYI I was able to refer my wife for our 2nd order and earn $15 for both of us that way :) The AMEX offers are what turned me on to it initially, but then I found a few products that were at a decent price and between the promo codes, AMEX offer & Ebates it was so cheap. I think I should be able to continue to find promo codes and such so I'll probably keep ordering from them.

We had an issue with one of our orders due to FedEx (NOT BOXED's FAULT AT ALL) and the customer service at Boxed was amazing. They reshipped my order on a 2 day turnaround and then I guess FedEx found the first order and got that to me too and Boxed just said to keep both. They were super nice and helpful throughout the process too. Neat company - no idea where they came from, but I like them!

AmEx Business card holders, check for a new FedEx offer good through May. I have 10% off Freight and FedEx Office but I also have a 25% off Shipping this time :) I didn't get any of the regular shipping offers last time. Everyone's Christmas gifts are going FedEx this year :p

Thank you for this! Had it on my card, now I just have to remember to use it in Feb when I need to send the baby gift to Toronto. Don't want to deal with the post office since who knows when Canada's postal people will stop striking.

^^^

I think it was me! You're welcome. I've been meaning to ask if you have had a good experience with it. Sounds like a yes to me. :)
Yes very good experience! I love that there isn’t a minimum spend for the 10 transactions. It’s so easy to get those 10 transactions over with

I bought my one-way tickets from Richmond to Chicago for Memorial Day! Already had the return tickets. Now to buy some Cubs and Hamilton tickets. And if anyone wants to recommend any Chicago restaurants teenagers will enjoy, please do!
Not sure if anyone answered yet, I’m way behind. Let me know what cuisine they like and where you’ll be staying, I can throw out a few ideas. Pizza should be a must for Chicago, right?

That is CRAY!!! After looking again, I totally remember reading both of those reviews. How does that work - you just invite him along? Do you buy him the meal or separate checks? Had you met him before you invited him to the first meal? I know I sound crazy but I we missed meeting him at the Mexico pavilion book signing by a few hours last year when we were there. My wife things I'm nuts but I could read his blog ALL DAY - it makes me feel like I'm actually at the park! (I may just be a little jealous of these meals you had, HAHA!)

The first time we went together I invited him mostly because first I was exceedingly grateful for his help and his forum in helping me figure out how to do WDW the right way. It is not just rope drop it is the whole science of it. The trip I asked him was also a trip I took with just my oldest who was 9 at the time. It was basically a trip because I really wanted to use our AP’s again and my husband didn’t want to go and also because I had not completely figured out the hard core travel hacking I am doing now so flying 5 was a little much. I was honestly also a little worried because while it was only a 4 day/5 night trip no adult conversation for that long was daunting. Josh used to be a lot more active on the easyWDW forum then he is now so he kind of “knew” me.

At any rate, I had a couple of ADR’s scheduled and just emailed Josh and asked if he wanted to go. He picked Chef Mickey’s. I had a lot of fun although Ellie my oldest was a little put out mostly because she was worried people might think “that Josh guy” was her Daddy. For the trip last year I had seen a picture on of the castle that I really liked he had taken and asked if he could send me the picture in a better format. I then blew it up into a canvas wall hanging for our house (yes I am a Disney freak with Cinderella’s castle in a giant wall canvas going down to my basement). I felt a little guilty since it is such a good picture so I offered to buy him a meal again. It ended up being “breakfast, lunch, and dinner” because the 10:30 ADR took so long.

So absolutely if your wife will put up with it contact him and offer to buy him a meal so he can review it. My husband was fine with it mostly because he does not get it but does appreciate finding people who have the same interests as you do. Plus then I could yammer on about Disney with Josh instead of him. What are your dates in January? We are going then too (yes again). I will totally schedule something! :)

Wait... are those your three girls?

ETA re the Biz Plat AF: DoC says the new higher fee won't hit until February 2019.

Yes those are my three cute girls who are growing up way too fast! That was just February 2017 and the cute toothless smile is history. Everyone enjoy your littles while you can!

I am just being paranoid about the fee on the Biz Plat. Because a higher fee would be my luck. Objectively should be okay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter