I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I forgot to mention-I decided to keep my SPG pers. for another year, I can probably find somewhere cool to use that cat5 night....

If you are under 5/24 you could board the slow train. It seems you can get a Citi Biz card every 95 days or so. This won't affect your 5/24 status (amazing!) but you gotta find mailers to do it after your first card.

Do you mean the same biz card every 95 days, or a different one? How many are there to run through? Trying to decide if it's worth jumping off onto this train. I still need to get a few meet a couple MSR's and get another card or two before I can focus on the citi biz cards.

• @wendow - just love the perspective and discussion you bring. Have had awesome interactions with you and love how hard you work at the game to provide awesome experiences for your family! :-)
Love the community we have here! You guys are all awesome - 2018 was a great year - here's to making 2019 even better!!

Thank you, friend! I appreciate you so much around here for all you do. You are not just full of knowledge that you share willingly but you are a truly nice guy and that comes across in every post you make :hug:

Yep, best community ever here! Love all y'all! Can't wait to see what CC churning fun we can cook up in 2019. Cheers to all our travel goals!

Last edited:
Do you mean the same biz card every 95 days, or a different one? How many are there to run through? Trying to decide if it's worth jumping off onto this train. I still need to get a few meet a couple MSR's and get another card or two before I can focus on the citi biz cards.
Yeah - the same one. You do have to get a mailer without 24 month language.

Consider yourself added because you shared some AWESOME UR tips before that all went south!!

I have to say tho I got one heck of a trip out of it in June and a decent trip in Oct before all the fun ended!

Our 2019 goals will be to get shout-outs from @SouthFayetteFan

Hah! I am trying to stick around more but with Chase killing Disney packages and DW banning me from planning any more trips for now its hard to keep up here. Maybe after SW land cools down I can get another trip in. I have a two or three night voucher to use someday. Other sad news is our APs expire Wed... :drinking1

There really is something magical about NYC and Christmas time. Really looking forward to your Marquis review. We are going the 27th.

Little NY tip for people with flexibility. DH and i went one year right after New Years (like the 3rd). We lucked out with decent weather. But the tree was still up, all the restaurants were decorated and charming, TKTS had tons of shows available and it was SO quiet crowd wise.

Typically all the decorations stay up through the first week of January. And, although I know this usually doesn't apply to us here, you can almost always find some awesome cash prices on hotel because there are so few tourists in the city from New Year's Day through Presidents Day weekend.

I see Norwegian has the free drink offer right now. It "expires" 12/18. Is this something they run often?

Agree with others, it doesn't seem like it really goes away, just the promo code changes. Norwegian management changed a couple years back and started this current "free offers" thinking as enticement to pay a little higher fares. So the free beverage and free specialty dining offers are pretty standard options now in the promos. Just make sure you'd really spend what you're paying in gratuities. While we could drink 2-300 dollars in booze, we don't so I don't pick the package as we spend less OOP than just the gratuity charge.

And @miztressuz - I find she always gives thoughtful sound advice and has a lot of knowledge to share!!!

GAH - BOOOO how did I miss @miztressuz!!! And I'm seeing a bunch of people like that comment and I'm like - oh I should've included them too, lol!

Aw, y'all make me blush :blush: Just trying to give back what I can as all the folks here did to open my eyes to the next level.(and still do!) I've played the CC game my whole adult life but at the minor league level it seems - now that I see what the majors are like, just trying to relate that previous experience with the next steps and hopefully help more folks ''level up" in the game :laughing:
(or as a fall back, I'm often an example of what NOT to do and sometimes I'm just a canary in the coal mine. Either way, happy to be of service :) )

Agree with others, it doesn't seem like it really goes away, just the promo code changes. Norwegian management changed a couple years back and started this current "free offers" thinking as enticement to pay a little higher fares. So the free beverage and free specialty dining offers are pretty standard options now in the promos. Just make sure you'd really spend what you're paying in gratuities. While we could drink 2-300 dollars in booze, we don't so I don't pick the package as we spend less OOP than just the gratuity charge.

Considering the boy can put away $200 in alcohol not in super crazy jacked up boat pricing (aka beer and liquor from the store), I'm sure he'll do it on a boat where the drinks cost $$$ each, LOL. Whereas I'm a few glasses of wine (okay maybe a bottle....or 2) kinda girl. I'm sure we'd drink the gratuity.

Cool! Were you personally planning on using that mailer? If it's a 9 digit code mailer, It seems that it could be used by others (and multiple people) so long as the intended user does not use it.

I have an unopened mailer in my garage currently. It's for personal though. I usually get them every 4-6 weeks and I have been tossing them!

Since I'm under 5/24 and dh flies AA on business almost every week internationally (he's executive plat. and pays for the flights on his favorite card, the AmEx Plat.; at one point we considered getting an AA card but they are all MasterCard and dh wanted to have a Visa) we have enough AA miles currently that I'm not able to use. I know, I know. Shame on me. But with dd a junior in high school and in competitive sports almost every weekend, we simply don't have the time to travel much. I have to make the most out of the limited travel time we have. Which means careful planning. Maybe we'll use some of them to go to London in August (we LOVED our trip on BA in June using AA miles). I guess my point is that I don't know if I want to take on big MSRs when I don't really have a use for AA miles at present. What I REALLY need is Hilton Honors points for our Maldives (or maybe Bora Bora) trip in the spring of 2020.

So I think I'm going to exploit the lowes GC offer to score a new apple watch. I have the series 1 that has a terrible battery life. I was shocked to see how much they are still selling for. Well DD has had her eye on an apple watch. She has a charge she NEVER wears. So I made her an offer, I sell the charge she NEVER wears and she makes up the difference. I just sold her charge for $50, so for $50 she's getting a "new" apple watch.

I'll grab some best buy GC's (do they sell best buy? Otherwise I can do target) and jump on the $229 offer. Bummed I missed the $199 offers at black friday, but the "savings" from the lowes amex offer will offset that. I love the look of the 4 and some of it's features, but $200 more is a lot to swallow. I'm just bummed I can't put this onto the Aspire I'm now trying to spend on, LOL.

I also managed to score $80 flipping the PS4 black friday deal. My son wanted the Switch and the PS4 this year. It was easier to stomach the PS4 price of $199 vs the $299 of the switch. But thanks to this thread I became aware of the dell offers, and between the dell amex rebates and ebates, I scored him a switch at a much lower price. I was just going to return the PS4 to Best Buy when my students suggest I list it online for $300. So I did, and sold it tonight! WOOOO! I wouldn't have thought of flipping it, but I scored about $80 in doing it. So that makes his switch even cheaper now...

Hey, when it's your first xmas as a single mom, every penny saved helps!

I need some quick help! I was approved for the SW business card and it arrived today. Next week we fly to NYC on the 28th. I'm hoping for the inflight offer for the Plus card.

Is it too close to my business app? It will have been a little over two weeks. Also, i need to cancel my current plus card asap (it is 4 years old or so)

Do you think I'll be OK? I'd like to to have the CP by March...

So I think I'm going to exploit the lowes GC offer to score a new apple watch. I have the series 1 that has a terrible battery life. I was shocked to see how much they are still selling for. Well DD has had her eye on an apple watch. She has a charge she NEVER wears. So I made her an offer, I sell the charge she NEVER wears and she makes up the difference. I just sold her charge for $50, so for $50 she's getting a "new" apple watch.

I'll grab some best buy GC's (do they sell best buy? Otherwise I can do target) and jump on the $229 offer. Bummed I missed the $199 offers at black friday, but the "savings" from the lowes amex offer will offset that. I love the look of the 4 and some of it's features, but $200 more is a lot to swallow. I'm just bummed I can't put this onto the Aspire I'm now trying to spend on, LOL.

I also managed to score $80 flipping the PS4 black friday deal. My son wanted the Switch and the PS4 this year. It was easier to stomach the PS4 price of $199 vs the $299 of the switch. But thanks to this thread I became aware of the dell offers, and between the dell amex rebates and ebates, I scored him a switch at a much lower price. I was just going to return the PS4 to Best Buy when my students suggest I list it online for $300. So I did, and sold it tonight! WOOOO! I wouldn't have thought of flipping it, but I scored about $80 in doing it. So that makes his switch even cheaper now...

Hey, when it's your first xmas as a single mom, every penny saved helps!

I've never seen Best Buy at Lowe's, and I looked before when Best Buy still did GC>GC, but Lowe's does sell Target ( and vice versa, Target sells Lowe's). However, if I'm not misunderstanding, you can't use a Lowe's GC to buy another GC. Just wanted to put that out there in case that was part of the plan. But if you had AmEx or Chase type offers, that will work on GCs.

might be a little late with the lowes GC offer if ur talking about the 15% off. Samsung Pay currently has them for 15% off though and u can buy $100 a day.
Finally got my AA mailers! If anyone wants one let me know they expire 2/15. Do these give the applicant my address? If so I may need to think about it lol.

ETA they are personal mailers.

yeah, the whole commotion on reddit was the fact that personal information will be revealed or something like that. which caused drama on reddit.

Trying to play catch up...

My grandmother went into hospice unexpectedly last week after being in rehab for either a minor stroke or a UTI around Thanksgiving. She was all well and dandy, other than being old, a month ago and was at home. Kidneys are failing...probably won't make it to Christmas. My birthday was on Saturday and my mother on Sunday so it was a rather blah weekend. I ended up trekking to New Hampshire visiting on Friday as we missed her (grandma) on Thanksgiving. My grandfather had an annual/bi-annual (maybe) on his heart as he had a valve replaced about 10 years ago. Turns out that it is functioning below a 25% (can't remember the term) but it means heart failure and too old to go in and fix. Hoping a medicine change or defibrillator may help. He was over 55%, which is very good, just 2 years ago. Did I mention my mother had put down our cat the week before Thanksgiving for another tumor...Vet thought it best at 16yo.

2019 Vacation Plans

March - Disney cruise with both a pre/post trip to the World.
July - Trip to LA, just DW and I, to some geek convention she wants to check out. Reliving her childhood.
Nov/Dec - Going to try and time a trip so that we can see both Halloween and Christmas in the World.

Will have some scattered overnight here and there I am sure.
So sorry about your grandparents and kitty. Life just sucks sometimes :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter