I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t stay at Hyatts, so I guess I don’t have a good perception of how much the 10k points difference is worth for the same spend between the 60k offer ending today and the 50k offer that starts tomorrow. Better offers will probably come around again, but I’ve noticed Chase — with the United, Hyatt, and Southwest elevated offers — has been moving towards high spend tiered bonuses, which haven’t offered as good miles/point returns on dollars spent for MSR.

Hyatt's have award nights that start at 5K and go to 8K, 12K, 15K and I'm not sure how much higher as I've only needed the 15K level so far.

The offer I took in 2017 for my Hyatt card was 40K points and 2K spend. Prior to that it was 2 free nights and not sure how much spend.

I'm not sure an easy, better offer will come around, as the 2nd tier of these newer offers aren't user friendly for me. With someone in a high COL area it's probably a no brainer to do an extra 6K in 6 months, but I'd find it intimidating for the most part.

I think one of the best parts of having the Hyatt card is being able to transfer UR's 1 to 1. Earn at 5X on a freedom and transfer onto your Hyatt account - It's like getting the 15K room for 3K spend on your freedom.

If I am reading this correctly you are landing in Miami, wanting to eat at the airport and then leave the airport for a stay in Miami? If so I believe PP requires you to have a boarding pass for an outbound flight the same day you use the pass, thereby making your meal a no-no. Whether or not they check for a boarding pass is YMMV. I have only used PP in cafes at PDX and have never been asked to show one.
I think this is YMMV also. We have never been asked to show a boarding pass, and upon landing in Denver, we have been able to use the PP restaurant. I even asked them if it was okay since we just landed, and they said it was fine. I wouldn't hesitate to try it again.

i was thinking of going for the Hyatt but i would only go for that for status... i find transferring from UR --> Hyatt is easier... its most likely would go into the sockdraw after MSR.

Exactly, we would probably sockdrawer it too.

But the Hyatt card does come with a FN cert every anniversary, and you can earn another FN for spending $15k/year so there's some incentive to spend at least that (at the opportunity cost of putting that spend towards new card bonuses).

I haven't a clue what I'd do with these Cat 1-4 FN certs though. I see the Hyatt Place near Disneyland is a Cat 3, and there are Cat 3 Hyatts in Waikiki, Sonoma, Lake Buena Vista FL, Las Vegas, Washington D.C., ; a Cat 4 at Fisherman's Wharf in SF for those of you looking to visit the city, some interesting Cat 4s in New Orleans, and the MGM Grand and NY NY in Las Vegas...

Last edited:
So, realizing that CFU is good for 1.5 back but I'm (hopefully) getting my BBP today and that's 2xMR back, would y'all recommend pc'ing my CFU to another CF? I could definitely max out the first quarter since our Walgreens has DGC.

my guess is the dispute is not between Disney and Chase, but its more Chase and Expedia.
We lost everything because of the transition from Connexion to expedia. Im sure Connexion was more of the higher end of travel services vs expedia which is more of deals.
But Disney resorts are still on Expedia, right?? They are on Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, and other deal sites. If Chase is using Expedia, why just pull off the Disney resorts and Swolphin?

Was the Amex Gold offer just pulled early?? I only see 40,000 MR and no 20% back dining via referral now. I guess when they say 1/9, they don't mean through 1/9. Glad I got in DH's app last night.

My MDE app isn't working to modify Fps...for weeks now. I have run the update and everything. The website works fine. Aside from it being annoying, how the heck will I do it in the parks, when I don't have my computer with me? Disney IT...:sad2::badpc:
It's been bad for me as well. Last week I couldn't even get on, deleted it and reinstalled and at least now I can get on, but it's still not great. Had to make fastpasses for next month on the website. But yes, that's not going to work in the parks. Still amazed at how crappy Disney IT can be.

Was the Amex Gold offer just pulled early?? I only see 40,000 MR and no 20% back dining via referral now. I guess when they say 1/9, they don't mean through 1/9. Glad I got in DH's app last night.

There’s discussion about this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/ae5tkl/comment/edmszdr

Seems the 50k MR offer via referral was pulled early, and newly generated links are only showing 40k. (Some?) Older links are still showing 50k, and you still may be able to pull the 50k offer via incognito.

So, realizing that CFU is good for 1.5 back but I'm (hopefully) getting my BBP today and that's 2xMR back, would y'all recommend pc'ing my CFU to another CF? I could definitely max out the first quarter since our Walgreens has DGC.
I have been known to PC back and forth between CF and CFU depending on what fits us best. I have 4 freedom cards so when I want to turn one into a CF I just rotate which one I do it on to not make Chase upset lol.

Welcome! I have purchased discounted GC many times during chase MSR. I do have alot of real spend on there too. No issues.

I’ve used my Chase cards to buy Disney gift cards to meet MSR at various places and haven’t had any issues. Just did it to pay my DVC dues

Thanks!!! Awesome...gotta love saving money on Disney and still earning points...all while getting closer to MSR bonus!

We are planning on using the Lounge in MCO. DH has a CSR and I have the Amex Plat (and CSR for now, but more on that below). If I understand correctly, we can each bring ourselves and two additional guests without charge using Priority Pass, correct? So DH can bring himself and one kid on his CSR, and I bring myself and the other kid on my Amex Plat?????

I received my sign-up bonus of 100K UR in Spring of 2017, so I am still locked out for another 2 years, correct?

See below, and yup, stupid 48 month rule now.

When we used the Lounge at MCO recently, they allowed me to bring my husband and both kids in on just my PP. Your mileage may vary.

Kids under 12 are free at the MCO lounges. I don't know if they have a certain kids/adult ratio rule. Someone trying to bring 10 kids in might have problems, but 2 is usually fine.

So, after posting about UR's to Hyatt, I'm thinking I should learn to MS a bit ala @speedyfishy.

Earlier today I had an errand to do and combined it with a trip to White House/Black Market to spend my $20 'coupon' that I got for buying the $100 gift card (which also gave me $30 back on my Amex.) The $20 was only good another few days and it came in my email Dec 30. When I went to pay with it, the Cashier said 'it has already been used on Dec 29.' Showed her the email again and she called corporate and got it straight, but it took about 15 minutes. Then she had to change the price of the item I wanted to buy to $? from $19.99. More hassle. The lady was very nice and I was very patient and yes, for a 'free' item, I would probably do this again since I have time on my hands. Used the $100 gift card to pay the tax and to pay for another item I purchased for $23.99. My gift card has a value remaining of $74.58. If you do the math and I know @miztressuz and @amalone1013 like to do Math, 1 item at 23.99 and 1 item at 19.99 plus 6 per cent tax equals 46.62 and my remaining balance on my gift card should be $73.38. So, I came out ahead by $1.20 somehow.

Bottom line - since buying the gift card online for net $70, I now have 2 free clothing items (that I really liked) and $74.58 more to spend.

Then I dropped into Starbucks and got a slice of lemon loaf $3.13 on my way home, to get my 4th coin for the Bank of America Amtrak card deal.
Buying the lemon loaf gave me $5 plus 10% of the 3.13 or I guess 31 cents, so lemon loaf was essentially free. Then to get the $5 I had to play a silly little game where a camel eats the coins. Oh well. no biggie. I'm going to watch for other deals - I did see they put Rosa Mexicano back in and I do like this restaurant.

But Disney resorts are still on Expedia, right?? They are on Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, and other deal sites. If Chase is using Expedia, why just pull off the Disney resorts and Swolphin?

which i believe is a problem between chase and Expedia...

my farfetched guess also wonder if there something different in implementation of Disney resorts into expedia requires expedia to rebuild part of the code... this is just a random thought though.

Would you MS to the higher status?

I did MS for the Marriott Gold by spending the 35k on my spg personal... only to get the luxury card and amex plat biz haha.
I think the 75k requirement is too much for me to MS(although i did 45k MS in the last 6 months.)

I do think i want hyatt status now, i find myself staying there the most when it comes to point redemption.

edit: actually i MS more than that, id say a total of 55k.

I had some in November. You might get a freebie if it's your birthday. It's some very expensive ice cream and I didn't really like the flavor I chose.

Amex SPG Biz gives you a 35K free night. Swan/Dolphin are 50K. Do you ever stay in hotels anywhere besides Disney? If you never stay in a hotel other than at Disney, then it's not much good for you.
I already have some points left over from spend and reward points so could I combine the new 35k with those? I know that is probably a dumb question, but don't know what the restrictions are. Thanks for the reply!

Welcome to the thread!! If you're interested in joining our private Reddit group DISchurners send me a PM and I can get you hooked up there!

If you haven't already considered it, a Chase Ink Preferred would be a great card to look at! If you have a spouse you could enlist your player 2 in the game too :)

Thanks! That would be great. I read about it in a few posts on this thread and was wondering about it and how to join.

Funny you mention the CIP. I did just force DH to get it just a few days ago. He's not into churning, so he doesn't care at all when I get excited about 80k bonuses...so frustrating. Nice to know there's a group here that gets how exciting that is!

I know I am probably beating a dead horse but I'm still scratching my head over the Disney resorts getting taken off URs. I just don't get it. If Chase and Disney are feuding, and that is why they were pulled, then why were the Swolphin resorts pulled also?? They aren't Disney branded. Other SPG/Marriotts/Westins are still on UR's and in the Orlando area. Other resorts, like WBC, that are on Disney property are still on UR's. I just don't get it and now that I need to book a resort, I'm completely annoyed and mad!

Also, there were Disney resorts showing for me on Hotwire and Priceline and those are all gone now as well. I'm doubly ticked about that as well :badpc:
I still believe the only reason they were scratched was to slow down the redemption of URs. It apparently worked.

Amex Plat & CSR Lounge Access Question

We are planning on using the Lounge in MCO. DH has a CSR and I have the Amex Plat (and CSR for now, but more on that below). If I understand correctly, we can each bring ourselves and two additional guests without charge using Priority Pass, correct? So DH can bring himself and one kid on his CSR, and I bring myself and the other kid on my Amex Plat?????

My dh has the CSR and I have the Plat. My dh used his CSR for himself & 2 kids and I used my Plat for myself & 2 kids. Ours was at the Denver restaurant so it ended up working out a bit differently but you should definitely be able to take 4 in on those cards.

I still believe the only reason they were scratched was to slow down the redemption of URs. It apparently worked.

This is where my brain goes too. It's all that really makes sense but then I think, "are there really THAT many people redeeming UR's for Disney??". I know a lot of people (in my family and among friends) who have Chase cards and use UR's, and only my aunt and myself redeem for Disney. And reading through r/churning, doesn't seem like most there are chasing points for Disney. Seems odd to target the Disney peeps.

This is where my brain goes too. It's all that really makes sense but then I think, "are there really THAT many people redeeming UR's for Disney??". I know a lot of people (in my family and among friends) who have Chase cards and use UR's, and only my aunt and myself redeem for Disney. And reading through r/churning, doesn't seem like most there are chasing points for Disney. Seems odd to target the Disney peeps.

redditors are mostly young adults with no kids... id say a vast majority of disney peeps lurks. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter