I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, my car needed new tires so DH went to get them today while I was at work. Of course, I give him my AmEx SPG to use for the payment help meet the MSR and he forgets it at home and puts it on his Freedom instead! $850 that could have put us so much closer to MSR, gone!!! I almost want to go to the tire store and see if they will let me change the payment type. I can't believe it since he specifically asked me which card to use!

Feeling accomplished...finally got my links up on the reddit page. Thanks to @wendow for telling me how :)

SPG Biz came in the mail Friday, exactly 7 days from app like others experienced. I've never been so happy. My phone decided to quit on me that morning and I really hated to "waste" that potential spend. Additionally, we booked a last minute Disney trip (room all with UR points!) but I needed to get tix for our kiddos and MIL. FP day was today, so I wanted to get those tickets bought and linked asap. Tickets and new phone ordered, everything worked out.

Silver linings...now bills and unexpected expenses - like your cell phone screen turning yellow and turning itself on and off - have a purpose, lol

Ugh, my car needed new tires so DH went to get them today while I was at work. Of course, I give him my AmEx SPG to use for the payment help meet the MSR and he forgets it at home and puts it on his Freedom instead! $850 that could have put us so much closer to MSR, gone!!! I almost want to go to the tire store and see if they will let me change the payment type. I can't believe it since he specifically asked me which card to use!
It's probably worth a shot...They might do it for you just to make you happy. $850 is not a small bill!

THank you! I have a friend who lives in FL and her new neighbors are from CO. She says they are loving FL and not missing the cold at all!
I am so with them! We just got back from a weekend trip to Universal and were enjoying the pool at Portofino yesterday. And today back in MD freezing our butts off. Our plan is move there (or someplace warm) when DS graduates in 7 years. The "where" is dependent on where he goes to college since I tell him all of the time I am following :) He currently wants to go to Stanford so it might be more like CA instead of FL.

Oh no, I know that is aggravating :( At that amount, it's worth a call to see. Good luck!

I'm so excited and disappointed at the same time. I got my SPG Biz card in the mail today! Saw it on the USPS delivery email and was waiting all day to get it. Finally get it open and disappointed! I actually entered a business name to appear on the card but they didn't put it on :( It's just my name twice. It's a required field, why ask me what name to use on the card if you're not going to use it?!?
It's not a huge deal but I was looking forward to it as it's kind of my pipe dream to actually have a business with this name... like I've been looking at domain names for the last year or two to make sure it's not taken (my original name was taken so modified it a bit and that's still not taken), I opened my Etsy account with it, and this was going to be the next step to maybe it happening - seeing it in plastic! (I'll work up to Metal, hehe)
Anyhoo, it's silly but just wondering is this normal or maybe I could call and have it reissued eventually? Feels silly to call for something so small but I'm really stuck on why require a 20 char name at all if it's only going to get used in certain circumstances.

Still waiting for my SPG Biz to arrive ): I applied and was approved on March 2, so was really hoping to get it over the weekend. Really hoping it's in my mailbox today. On the plus side, registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon was postponed yet again, so I didn't have to put that spend on another card while waiting on the SPG to arrive....

Did some checking... it's about $375 in fees at most to pay my car off through Plastiq. Time to do some research into some cards with big spends! Any suggestions

I don't know what cards you have and which would work with the plastiq since I haven't been able to take advantage of it.

That said, doing some research for upcoming tuition bills, this is what I've found for high spend:

$75,000 on Chase Ritz Carlton earns platinum status

$50,000 on Chase Hyatt earns explorist status (off topic, is explorist a real word?)

$30,000 on Chase British Airways-companion fare (I believe @calypso726 knows how to maximize this one)

$25,000 on American Express Delta Platinum 10,000 MQMs/10,000 skymiles
an additional $25,000 in the same calendar year an additional 10,000 MQMs/10,000 skymiles

$30,000 on American Express Delta Reserve 15,000 MQMs/15,000 skymiles
an additional $30,000 earns another 15,000 mqms/15,000 skymiles

American Express Business Platinum-1.5X membership rewards for purchases over $5,000

I did this research one night when I was in sticker shock at the universities DD is considering so if any of the above is incorrect mea culpa!

I am waiting for 2019 to apply for the Chase BA since that and maybe the Delta Reserve seem to be the most helpful for my situation and possibly take the bite out of the bills we're facing in the not so distant future :worried:.

Returns incur a fee (at least the used to) but if it's not finalized through the payment processor they might do it. If it was completed they may be reluctant to make a return to recharge. But might be worth a shot to ask. Some smaller places work on a batch processing where it doesn't post through to the processor until they send it.

Agreed with the folks above to ask and see if they can reverse the charge on the Freedom and charge it to your SPG Biz. If they seem hesitant, say your husband used the wrong card and make up something like the Amex gives you better purchase protection or something.

Oh no, I know that is aggravating :( At that amount, it's worth a call to see. Good luck!
Returns incur a fee (at least the used to) but if it's not finalized through the payment processor they might do it. If it was completed they may be reluctant to make a return to recharge. But might be worth a shot to ask. Some smaller places work on a batch processing where it doesn't post through to the processor until they send it.
Agreed with the folks above to ask and see if they can reverse the charge on the Freedom and charge it to your SPG Biz. If they seem hesitant, say your husband used the wrong card and make up something like the Amex gives you better purchase protection or something.
Just called Mr. Tire and they said stop by tomorrow afternoon and it wouldn't be a problem to put it on the Amex :) I usually wouldn't care but that will put us almost to the MSR without having to needlessly spend extra.

Got home, got the mail... a letter from SPG vacations offering me and DH (well, it was actually addressed to him!) 5nt/6 days on Kauai at the Sheraton there, plus rental car and 5,000 Hawaiian miles. Yes, you have to listen to the timeshare pitch... but the package is only $649.

I'm already doing Food and Wine in October and Barcelona next summer. Now I want to do Kauai in January (which is when we always go to Hawaii).

Someone talk me down! pixiedust:

Still waiting for my SPG Biz to arrive ): I applied and was approved on March 2, so was really hoping to get it over the weekend. Really hoping it's in my mailbox today. On the plus side, registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon was postponed yet again, so I didn't have to put that spend on another card while waiting on the SPG to arrive....

DW’s SPG Biz (approved 3/1) showed up on USPS’s Informed Delivery email for 3/8, but wasn’t in the mail on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. After mail arrived on Saturday, and the card wasn’t here, I set up a new Amex account for her SPG Biz from the approval email link, chatted with an Amex agent[, invalidated the first card], and got them to expedite a replacement card to us for delivery tomorrow. I hope yours isn’t lost, but it happens; so I hope this helps.

Last edited:
DW’s SPG Biz (approved 3/1) showed up on USPS’s Informed Delivery email for 3/8, but wasn’t in the mail on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. After mail arrived on Saturday, and the card wasn’t here, I set up a new Amex account for her SPG Biz from the approval email link, chatted with an Amex agent and got them to expedite a replacement card to us for delivery tomorrow. I hope yours isn’t lost, but it happens; so I hope this helps.

Thanks. I will give Amex a call tomorrow if the card isn't in today's mail. I added the card to one of my existing Amex accounts with the approval email link, and the address for the SPG card is correct, but as you say, lost mail happens. Still hopeful it will be there today...but that's also how I felt on Friday and Saturday.

Amazon +Jetblue double stack just got nuetured. :( :(.

I wish I cared enough about this one to make me sad. In principle, it’s a great deal — 3x TrueBlue points on every Amazon purchase. In practice, I’ve had the worst time getting my shopping trips to track and credit properly. I earned a little over 2000 TrueBlue points from this, but I know I spent way more than what’s shown up in my account.

Thanks. I will give Amex a call tomorrow if the card isn't in today's mail. I added the card to one of my existing Amex accounts with the approval email link, and the address for the SPG card is correct, but as you say, lost mail happens. Still hopeful it will be there today...but that's also how I felt on Friday and Saturday.

DH just confirmed that my SPG Biz card arrived in today's mail, so I can avoid a phone call to Amex and get started on my MSR :)

Got home, got the mail... a letter from SPG vacations offering me and DH (well, it was actually addressed to him!) 5nt/6 days on Kauai at the Sheraton there, plus rental car and 5,000 Hawaiian miles. Yes, you have to listen to the timeshare pitch... but the package is only $649.

I'm already doing Food and Wine in October and Barcelona next summer. Now I want to do Kauai in January (which is when we always go to Hawaii).

Someone talk me down! pixiedust:

Go. I'm doing the one I got for Vistana Villages near Disney in January of 2019. Worked right into a trip I booked with my DVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter