• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is face value? Maybe I am just too cheap. My daughter is going to be in Chicago next week. I had looked into surprising her with tickets. Cheapest I saw was @$300 each. I just couldn't do it.

That would depend on the venue and the seat. I know LA had some seats on sale opening day for just under $100 and orchestra seats were $175 each. Our tickets in San Francisco were $197 each. I have seen them online as high as $1800 each while Lin Manuel Miranda was still playing Alexander Hamilton. I know there is a daily ticket lottery in NY for $10 too.

I just got an email to use Chase Pay at Walmart.com using my CSR and I can get 10X points in August for up to $250 in online purchases. I've not set up Chase Pay, but sounds straight forward. We've recently started doing some of our weekly shopping on Walmart.com (free shipping on orders over $35), so this is great and easy to get 10x points on our normal weekly purchases. Has anybody used Chase Pay on Walmart.com? Anything special I should know about it.

I don't think I can utilize the Prestige right now to the extent that it would give me a good return on the steep annual fee, but it's definitely something I'm considering down the line. Because of that, I don't know if I want to get the Premier because now you can only collect one bonus (in 2 years, I think) no matter which card you got it on.
Any insight on how the Amex business card application process compares to Chase?
The Blue and Everyday cards seem like good options at first because of their 0% apr, but they have such low minimum spend requirements that I feel like I might be wasting this huge bill on a card with a $1000 min spend.

It was pretty straightforward and similar to the Chase one if memory serves. I've got 3 Amex business cards and don't recall having an issue. I never got an auto approval but I also never called recon and received an email stating I was approved and then the card showed up in the mail.

If you got the Premiere you'd have to keep it for 2 years and then apply for the Prestige before cancelling the Premier.

Yes, they are certainly good cards to have but if you have to have a $1,000 spend anyhow, it's worth exploring to see what option would be best for you. This was why I suggested the idea of a big bonus that has a value which offset the transfer fee. You may find something that is worth it or may decide that a good card with 0% APR is what works best. If you go that route, then I'd definitely go with either the Everyday or Blue business card.

It was pretty straightforward and similar to the Chase one if memory serves. I've got 3 Amex business cards and don't recall having an issue. I never got an auto approval but I also never called recon and received an email stating I was approved and then the card showed up in the mail.

If you got the Premiere you'd have to keep it for 2 years and then apply for the Prestige before cancelling the Premier.

Yes, they are certainly good cards to have but if you have to have a $1,000 spend anyhow, it's worth exploring to see what option would be best for you. This was why I suggested the idea of a big bonus that has a value which offset the transfer fee. You may find something that is worth it or may decide that a good card with 0% APR is what works best. If you go that route, then I'd definitely go with either the Everyday or Blue business card.

Thank you for sharing all of your wisdom! Decisions, decisions...

Discover 4th quarter announced. Amazon and Target.

I just got an email to use Chase Pay at Walmart.com using my CSR and I can get 10X points in August for up to $250 in online purchases. I've not set up Chase Pay, but sounds straight forward. We've recently started doing some of our weekly shopping on Walmart.com (free shipping on orders over $35), so this is great and easy to get 10x points on our normal weekly purchases. Has anybody used Chase Pay on Walmart.com? Anything special I should know about it.

not really, its nothing special about it. i used it last time with starbucks. add $10 to your account using chase pay, get 2 free drinks at starbucks.

Off topic I know, but we went to Hamilton yesterday in Chicago. It was great, but not quite as good as School of Rock that we saw in NYC last summer.
Well, it looks like I will have to add School of Rock to my list. I want to go see Hamilton again but in NY, Chicago and London if I can get tix at face value. It's become mine and DH's favorite musical, replacing Rent and Phantom of the Opera respectively. That insane endeavor will require some serious travel hacking though.

Rent is my second favorite musical behind School of Rock. Hamilton is definitely in the Top 5 as well. School of Rock is great because you can usually get good prices on tickets in NYC...its coming to Milwaukee this fall so I'm going to check it out again:)

You can HUCA a few times to see if you can get Chase to take it out of consideration. It took me 3 times. First one flatly would not take it out of consideration, 2nd rep asked me a bajillion q's about it and then wouldn't take it out of consideration. I waited 8 hours thinking maybe I could get a different shift of people (the 2nd rep had left to supposedly go talk to a manager) and then I called and said something like "I believe I have been denied because of too many accounts opened recently but one of those accounts I'm an AU on, I'd like the application re-considered without that account." Also, you have no responsibility for the AU account and if they ask you do not use the AU account.

thank you, thank you! :worship: I said something very similar to what you said and the CSR approved it. The card is on my Chase portal!

Just used it and it's super easy. I think the way it worked was where you select the credit card there is a "+" box next to the "credit card" box, click that (not a credit card!) and then the Chase Pay option will show, click that login and select the Chase card you wish to use. Easy for me! (I did have issues on Edge so I switched to Chrome and had to be extra patient while Chase Pay loaded but it eventually did.)

Last edited:
For those interested in a trip to see Hamilton, I just got the following email:

HAMILTON
RETURNS TO SAN FRANCISCO
IN EARLY 2019

Producer Jeffrey Seller announced today that HAMILTON will return to San Francisco in early 2019. Information regarding engagement dates and how to purchase tickets will be announced at a later time.

The first national tour of HAMILTON opened in San Francisco on March 10, 2017 and moves to Los Angeles following the final performance in San Francisco, Saturday, August 5th.Performances begin at the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles on Friday, August 11th.

“I was blown away when the ticket-holders who had gathered outside the SHN Orpheum Theatre prior to the first preview cheered and cheered when the doors opened and they could finally take their seats. Hamilton at the Orpheum Theatre is gorgeous, powerful and kinetic,” says Jeffrey Seller. “We look forward to returning and staying for a long time in early 2019.”

A second national tour will begin in Seattle in February 2018. The musical first opened on Broadway in 2015; a Chicago company opened in September 2016; and the London company premieres November 2017.

Once complete details are confirmed, SHN members will be first in line for tickets. For details on becoming an SHN Member, click here.

@calypso726, I hope you had a wonderful time last weekend. My regrets the weather was foggy, chilly and windy on Saturday, but that's San Francisco summers for you.

After doing some comparison shopping, I'm leaning toward the Arrival+ and then transferring to my Bank of America card with a 3% fee because the bonus and the miles for the spend would outweigh the BT fee. If we do decide to avoid the BT fee, then I think Blue Cash Preferred might be the winner. I'll have to talk to DH about it. Thanks, everyone!

I want to book a car rental using UR's for next month's Disneyland trip. Can I transfer points to car rental companies like some of you do for airlines? I'm trying to understand the transferring of points. I'm sure it's pretty straight forward but I don't think I'll fully understand it until I play around on the UR portal.

I want to book a car rental using UR's for next month's Disneyland trip. Can I transfer points to car rental companies like some of you do for airlines? I'm trying to understand the transferring of points. I'm sure it's pretty straight forward but I don't think I'll fully understand it until I play around on the UR portal.

There is no way to transfer points to car rental companies. You need to use the UR portal to search and book using UR points.

Can someone check my thinking on this - DH is staying at a Hilton property later this week for work and I'm trying to decide whether he should pay with the AmEx Hilton or the CSR. For simplicity, I'm assuming he'll spend $1000. AmEx would award 7000 points (we have the lower-tier, no-fee AmEx Hilton) and CSR 3000 points. We are planning to stay at a Hilton hotel in December, which is 26,000 pts/nt on the Hilton website and 8000 UR pt/nt on the Chase UR website. So that makes CSR the winner, correct? Not only does 3000 pts get us closer to a free night than 7000 pts but I can more easily earn additional UR points compared to earning more Hilton points.

Anything I'm mis-analyzing or not considering?

Does anyone know if the Walmart deal is targeted? I didn't get the email and wondering if it might work for me!

Does anyone know if the Walmart deal is targeted? I didn't get the email and wondering if it might work for me!

it looks targetted. I got it for my CFU. but people report getting it on their CSP/CSR. stack with chase portal might work too. so like 12x? im not sure if the 1.5x stack on that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter