I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure you add his Hilton number to the reservation and you should be good to go because it's based on that attached Hilton number and not through where you book it but I could be mistaken. Worst case I would call Hilton and ask them to add it, the free breakfast saved us almost $200 for the trip. I believe this buffet was $20 a person but it was by far one of the best I've ever seen.
I ended up booking an Art of Animation suite a few minutes ago, but I'll definitely give it a try if we decide to change our plans to the Hilton. DM is coming with DH and me, so we went back and forth about two separate rooms versus one suite. In the end, the suite on property won out over Disney Springs. I'm excited, I used UR for 3/4 of the hotel cost and paid the rest on the CSR which will be reimbursed by DM. Our UR points didn't take a huge hit, and we were still able to make sure DM was getting a good deal, too. Combine that with 2 RT tickets on SW with my CP for 13K RR and $23 (DM's flying on her own RR for $11), and I'm feeling good about paying as little as possible for my vacation. After our cat's surgery bill, the only way we'll be able to travel for a while is to utilize all of the points and miles we've been accumulating. It's nice to have cheap/free options.

The AoA suite will be for 3 adults, but I booked it for one guest through the Chase Portal thinking I could add guests directly to the MDE reservation later. Did I make things more difficult for myself or is it easy to add guests as long as I don't try to change the primary guest name? I'm glad people were talking about the Wholesale direct line recently. Hopefully, that will make things a little smoother.

I'm glad people were talking about the Wholesale direct line recently. Hopefully, that will make things a little smoother.
I have seen "wholesale direct" mentioned before on this thread, but I am unclear as to what it is. I have tried to search for it, but have not found anything, could someone let me know what it is? TIA

I have seen "wholesale direct" mentioned before on this thread, but I am unclear as to what it is. I have tried to search for it, but have not found anything, could someone let me know what it is? TIA

They're the people you call to get a confirmation number that will work when you put it in MDE. The confirmation number you get from Chase UR won't work, but Disney can look up your reservation and give you a number that will.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-338#post-58104557

The AoA suite will be for 3 adults, but I booked it for one guest through the Chase Portal thinking I could add guests directly to the MDE reservation later. Did I make things more difficult for myself or is it easy to add guests as long as I don't try to change the primary guest name? I'm glad people were talking about the Wholesale direct line recently. Hopefully, that will make things a little smoother.
Remember you'll have to pay extra for person #3. Idk the logistics of that though.

I ended up booking an Art of Animation suite a few minutes ago, but I'll definitely give it a try if we decide to change our plans to the Hilton. DM is coming with DH and me, so we went back and forth about two separate rooms versus one suite. In the end, the suite on property won out over Disney Springs. I'm excited, I used UR for 3/4 of the hotel cost and paid the rest on the CSR which will be reimbursed by DM. Our UR points didn't take a huge hit, and we were still able to make sure DM was getting a good deal, too. Combine that with 2 RT tickets on SW with my CP for 13K RR and $23 (DM's flying on her own RR for $11), and I'm feeling good about paying as little as possible for my vacation. After our cat's surgery bill, the only way we'll be able to travel for a while is to utilize all of the points and miles we've been accumulating. It's nice to have cheap/free options.

When I called the Wholesale Direct line, it literally took less than 5 minutes for her to find my res, give me the MDE number and add DS to the res. I didn't add him when I booked as Chase portal was charging more if I added a third person. The only thing is, the person on the phone warned me that any changes to the reservation would make it revert to the original res for 2. So I'd have to call again.

So I applied for Hyatt card last weekend, got the 30 day message. Logged into Chase today and see my new Hyatt account listed! Yay!
I didn't call because I was sure it was credit line related (i.e. I have too much credit from Chase). Since I have messed up before, I just tried to be patient this time. We have discussed before whether Chase will ask you first or just reallocate your credit lines. My highest credit line was SW so Chase (also have Freedom, Disney, & Marriott) took 5k from that credit line & gave me a 5k Hyatt credit line. No phone call or email at all.

Now if I can just find out if Barclay is going to approve my app for Aviator card.

If you are doing the Marriott social media, you can get 150 points for retweeting a certain tweet... I did the regular hashtag for 50 and then I retweeted. DH and I earned 200 point

I went ahead and applied DH for the CSP. I figure in the unlikely event that the bonus does increase in the next 3 months, then he can just request a match. He was instantly approved for $24k. That made him very happy because when he applied for the CF they only extended him a $1k credit line, but to be fair, it was the first US credit card that he had ever gotten in his name.

This is good timing for us, since we will be purchasing a bunch of the remaining baby items over the next 1-2 months which should help us significantly towards the $4k minimum spend.

Be very careful with product changing Chase cards! Always have the rep verify the last 4digits of the card number.The Chase rep changed my CSR to a FU instead of the CSP and it's been a nightmare getting everything changed back and making sure all my rewards posted at the correct rate.
Chase did make it "right" by giving me an extra 20,000 UR for my troubles. They also gave me a pro rated annual fee credit for my CSR.

Last edited:
I went ahead and applied DH for the CSP. I figure in the unlikely event that the bonus does increase in the next 3 months, then he can just request a match. He was instantly approved for $24k. That made him very happy because when he applied for the CF they only extended him a $1k credit line, but to be fair, it was the first US credit card that he had ever gotten in his name.

This is good timing for us, since we will be purchasing a bunch of the remaining baby items over the next 1-2 months which should help us significantly towards the $4k minimum spend.
That's great that he's been able to build his credit successfully. Personally given the restrictions Chase is just handed down & the rumors about how much the CSR has lost, I doubt they will increase bonuses anytime soon. Of course, like everything else, they could surprise us.

Looking at the capital one venture care... 40,000 sign on miles... I know this translates to $400 in travel rewards but does anyone know what it would translate to as a general statement credit, not travel related?

Looking at the capital one venture care... 40,000 sign on miles... I know this translates to $400 in travel rewards but does anyone know what it would translate to as a general statement credit, not travel related?

It appears to be half the amount for non-travel reimbursements. If you regularly make travel purchases, it is easy to make twice as much by redeeming against those rather than just requesing a general "cash" statement credit.

Okay, earlier tonight I booked a night at the Hyatt Regency in MCO (changed flights to get there the night before our Disney resort reservations, blah blah). I joined their membership club thingy to get a slight discount while booking. I saw that I could've also gotten an additional $50 if I used a Chase Hyatt credit card, but I didn't have one....at the time.

A couple of hours later, I applied and was approved for the credit card.

So when I get the card, I should definitely cancel the current reservation and book a new one with the new card, right? Especially since I plan to make the minimum spend to get the 40,000 points, which I assume will cover the night's stay?

I'm pretty excited that my impulsive decision has wound up saving me Rapid Rewards points and potentially earning us a free night's stay!

Chase has paid for so much of this trip. Gotta love them for it!

Okay, earlier tonight I booked a night at the Hyatt Regency in MCO (changed flights to get there the night before our Disney resort reservations, blah blah). I joined their membership club thingy to get a slight discount while booking. I saw that I could've also gotten an additional $50 if I used a Chase Hyatt credit card, but I didn't have one....at the time.

A couple of hours later, I applied and was approved for the credit card.

So when I get the card, I should definitely cancel the current reservation and book a new one with the new card, right? Especially since I plan to make the minimum spend to get the 40,000 points, which I assume will cover the night's stay?

I'm pretty excited that my impulsive decision has wound up saving me Rapid Rewards points and potentially earning us a free night's stay!

Chase has paid for so much of this trip. Gotta love them for it!

Did you use an offer that included a $50 statement credit? The offer you are mentioning came up because you were in the middle of a booking.AFAIK, the bonus direct on the chase website doesn't include that statement credit.

Here is how you find the reward price of all Hyatt hotels by category: https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels

Click the name of your hotel or choose the drop down of reward points tier.

Be very careful to not "burn" 40,000 points on a cheap room. Hyatt points are exceptionally valuable. Stretch the value by using points + cash.
Also, Hyatt is doing a status challenge right now - if you can hit the night requirement, it's worth it. http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/08/28/hyatt-credit-card-globalist-promotion/

Edit to add - my husband and I each got thousands of dollars of value out of our sign-up bonuses. I used mine at Andaz Maui and he used his at Bellagio during a VERY busy time of year. For each of us, standard rates were over $800 per night. I happened to have top tier status at the time too, so we got the free breakfast. At Andaz Maui, the breakfast is like $75 a person/per day, so a real value.

That's great that he's been able to build his credit successfully. Personally given the restrictions Chase is just handed down & the rumors about how much the CSR has lost, I doubt they will increase bonuses anytime soon. Of course, like everything else, they could surprise us.

I am very happy as far as him building his credit. We got married in August 2015. Once he got his SS number, I had him apply for the QuicksilverOne Rewards from Capitol One in December 2015. I really didn't want his first card to be a really crappy secured card with no rewards. Unfortunately, he was denied, which felt really discouraging. We called recon and talked with the rep, but they couldn't approve him because he literally had no credit history at all and that card required "average credit." They advised me to add him as an AU on my Quicksilver because it would report to all 3 credit bureaus and help him build credit. So I added him to that card and my Amex Everyday card too.

In April 2016, we bought his car with the loan in both our names. At some point in Summer 2016, we opened a joint Chase checking account and DH started to get pre-approval notices for the Chase Freedom card within a few months. He got that card in December 2016 with a $1000 credit limit. And when I checked his credit score yesterday before applying for the CSP, it was at 760. Solidly in the good range and getting pretty close to the excellent range. I feel we managed amazing good progress, from no credit history to nearing almost excellent credit, in less than 2 years. This is especially impressive given how short his credit record is compared to mine.

Did the Amex cable offer where you spend over $100 on cable bill and get 1,000 MR up to 3 times. Paid $101, $101.50 and $102 on our Fios bill and received the points the next day. Our bill is also paid ahead a month and a half. Also headed to PNC bank to sign up for a $400 bank bonus for opening a new checking account with DD and 10 visa debit card transactions. Starting the xmas savings fund now.

Did you use an offer that included a $50 statement credit? The offer you are mentioning came up because you were in the middle of a booking.AFAIK, the bonus direct on the chase website doesn't include that statement credit.

Here is how you find the reward price of all Hyatt hotels by category: https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels

Click the name of your hotel or choose the drop down of reward points tier.

Be very careful to not "burn" 40,000 points on a cheap room. Hyatt points are exceptionally valuable. Stretch the value by using points + cash.
Also, Hyatt is doing a status challenge right now - if you can hit the night requirement, it's worth it. http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/08/28/hyatt-credit-card-globalist-promotion/

Edit to add - my husband and I each got thousands of dollars of value out of our sign-up bonuses. I used mine at Andaz Maui and he used his at Bellagio during a VERY busy time of year. For each of us, standard rates were over $800 per night. I happened to have top tier status at the time too, so we got the free breakfast. At Andaz Maui, the breakfast is like $75 a person/per day, so a real value.
Wow, that's all very awesome and somewhat intimidating, LOL!
I literally would never have gotten this card if it weren't for wanting to stay at this particular hotel for this particular trip. That's kind of how I've done all of my "hacking/churning" over the past year. I'm not kidding when I say I could not have afforded this trip without sign-up bonuses and such.

I found out our room will be 12,000 points. That works for me.

I do have another question though. Will I need to cancel the current reservation and re-book using my Hyatt card once I have earned the points? Or is there a way to apply the points to my current reservation once I have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter