I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got all excited, picked up the mail after being out of town Saturday and had a thick AMEX envelope. Yay, my SPG Biz so I can start my spending (since I am waiting to pay for a few things until I get it). Opened it now...it's my AMEX Hilton card, that was switched over from Citi :-(. And no mail today, darnit, I want that card LOL!!!

I am so proud of myself. Yesterday afternoon we went to the movies, and at the kiosk where you can buy tickets I used Apple Pay! It took me going through the process twice (first time it took too long and it cancelled the purchase) but since there wasn’t a line or a teller I used it and got it to work. Happy because the movies is one of those things that is rather expenseive (5 tickets) and getting the 5 times UR makes me so happy! I know they say it is at WDW, so when we go in two weeks I might actually take a break from the stash of gift cards and try to use it there once or twice in the stores. Thanks everyone for the help on using it!

Is the Hyatt site really awful or am I overlooking a flexible dates feature? I keep getting no reward rooms available but I don't see how to have it suggest dates to me. Surely, in 2018, I don't have to go through plugging in endless dates combinations. Any Hyatt experts have advice?

Is the Hyatt site really awful or am I overlooking a flexible dates feature? I keep getting no reward rooms available but I don't see how to have it suggest dates to me. Surely, in 2018, I don't have to go through plugging in endless dates combinations. Any Hyatt experts have advice?

I was looking for specific dates so I didn't notice flexible but if you have the Hyatt card call the rez number on the back a d talk to someone. They've been super nice each time I've called.

I would just call Hyatt. I think it depends on the hotel you are interested in. Some have more award nights than others. I was able to see some availability online for our Maui trip but then wanted to use the two nights that were free with sign up, they were able to add the two nights to a point reservation without problem. Like above they were quite nice and helpful.

Thanks guys. UUGGHH, I hate calling places. Weird, I know. On Hilton's site you just click flexible dates and it lists each check in date with corresponding rate or an 'x' for unavailable....cash or points. Wish Hyatt would add something like that.

I started this "hobby" in March of 2016 when my son started looking at out-of-state colleges. He is now a freshman in an out-of-state college. So far, I have only used points to fly him home and back and have yet to pay for any of his flights. I have used SW(mostly), Jet Blue, and AA.

Well, I now have so many points - both Chase and Amex - and a SW companion pass. Last night I booked a hotel room for DH and myself just to get away using UR points. Wish I discovered this hobby sooner. I can't believe I used to pay for flights and hotels. I never expect to pay for a flight again. :-)

Thank you to everyone here for all your tips and advice. Happy travels.

:thumbsup2:jumping1::jumping2: wait. a minute.....really? I can ask for a replacement on mine,and both are still usable anywhere? what if we both swipe at the same time in two different places later on? What if someone says is that really your name?(traditional girly name on mine lol):confused3

Never had a problem or been questioned!

im not a hyatt expert but ive learned the last time i was looking for a point redemption was to look single days. For some reason, if one day had a different point amount, it will show unavailable... so like, if mon-wed was 15k points, then thurs was 17k points, it will show unavailable for mon-thurs. Its weird...

i didnt try it but the idea was to book single days, then perhaps call the hotel to combine the reservations. Hyatt's CS has always been super kind to me, they email me a few days before arrival asking if i need anything to which i did request for a 3rd bed and someone else would check in first. they were more than willing to help me out.

Rant warning! I chatted Amex to get a tracking number on my SPG biz card that is supposed to arrive by tomorrow (3rd business day) and was told it would be 7-10 business days as it had to be sent via USPS. I said I was counting on paying bills later this week with that card since the online application said 2-3 business days. They said to call this number for expediting it so I called and was told 1) this is a first/new card so it has to be sent via usps (despite me having a personal amex, but this is my first biz amex) 2) it should arrive tomorrow or the next day because it was sent out on 1/12 and 3) it would be 7-10 business days until I get it because it had to be shipped usps being the first amex card. I literally can't make sense of any of it and the person on the phone couldn't even pretend he understood the conflicting things his system was telling him. Really amex?! Really?! Why can everyone under the sun expedite Amex cards except for me? (and apparently @elgerber because they too are waiting their card to come via USPS...)

Barclay Arrival+ 5% back: 2 reports on amex today of people who redeemed miles and did not instantly receive the 5% back in miles. Both did this recently. 2 DPs of people who did this in Dec still receiving 5% back instantly (one of which was me). So, heads up to anyone thinking they'll get the 5% back right away.

Rant warning! I chatted Amex to get a tracking number on my SPG biz card that is supposed to arrive by tomorrow (3rd business day) and was told it would be 7-10 business days as it had to be sent via USPS. I said I was counting on paying bills later this week with that card since the online application said 2-3 business days. They said to call this number for expediting it so I called and was told 1) this is a first/new card so it has to be sent via usps (despite me having a personal amex, but this is my first biz amex) 2) it should arrive tomorrow or the next day because it was sent out on 1/12 and 3) it would be 7-10 business days until I get it because it had to be shipped usps being the first amex card. I literally can't make sense of any of it and the person on the phone couldn't even pretend he understood the conflicting things his system was telling him. Really amex?! Really?! Why can everyone under the sun expedite Amex cards except for me? (and apparently @elgerber because they too are waiting their card to come via USPS...)
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, mine also said 2-3 business days on my approval screen, and I also have things to pay. I was expecting it to be here in the next couple of days.

i recall it was for like fraud prevention. i recall @Lain explained it once. i wanted to get my spg personal and spg biz expediter as well to no avail.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, mine also said 2-3 business days on my approval screen, and I also have things to pay. I was expecting it to be here in the next couple of days.

Same here. Applied last Wednesday night I think. I did get an envelope (via USPS no less) from Amex on Saturday so I thought that was it. Nope that was a letter telling me my credit limit on my personal had been lowered to accommodate my business card limit. And to expect my new card in 7-10 days. Why did the letter arrive so quickly via USPS then? Ha. I'm just glad I don't have anything too pressing for which I need the new card just yet. Still, hoping it comes soon.

Our Southwest credit card has saved us thousands of vacation dollars! I can usually buy tickets at least one way with our reward points. As a family of 5, that adds up quickly!

Most of the co-branded cards take a while because they link to your hotel/airline account and often custom print your rewards account number on the card. My Amex & Chase co-branded cards all took 10ish days

^iphone autocorrected cobranded to cobra fed. :rotfl2:

Hi all! Trying to get up to speed with the gift of college gift cards. I have been saving regularly from my paycheck into my 529 plan but thinking of a way to use GOC gift cards to accomplish the same thing but gather points.

I see they are now at both Toys R Us and Best Buy(at least google thinks they are at BB). Has anyone had issues using their CC to buy the gift card? I think I am going to start with a small one and see how it works. Any tips I should know? Thanks in advance

Hi all! Trying to get up to speed with the gift of college gift cards. I have been saving regularly from my paycheck into my 529 plan but thinking of a way to use GOC gift cards to accomplish the same thing but gather points.

I see they are now at both Toys R Us and Best Buy(at least google thinks they are at BB). Has anyone had issues using their CC to buy the gift card? I think I am going to start with a small one and see how it works. Any tips I should know? Thanks in advance
To my knowledge they haven’t shown up at Best Buy. I bought one Saturday at tru. Came home, set up a goc online account, linked it to dd’s 529 and deposited the balance. It was painless. If you have a chase freedom it’s 5% back using Apple Pay (with standard limits) this quarter and tru accepts Apple Pay.

Ditto the experience @havaneselover had. There weren't a lot of cards at our ToysRUs store and really had to search the gift card display and remember there's an activation fee-for a $500 card it's $5.95. It's a great way to use apple pay for the Freedom 5%. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter