I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so finally finished catching up since monday. Dis didnt like my phone and kept logging me out.

Have fun to those of you at disney!

As for sw rr posting dh met the spend a day late for it to hit the first statement. It took till the third statment for the points to post to his rr account. I was expecting them last statement but they never showed up. Thankfully they are there now after the 3rd statement posted.

@wendow we will be there in mar same dates. Im expecting extreme crowds as the few calendars Ive seen are predicting crowds. Good luck with dining reservations. I went from 5-7 this trip and what a difference 2 makes. I made them at 180 days and had a hard time. Our favorites for characters are trattoria al forno breakfast, 1900 park fare dinner, ohana breakfast, garden grill breakfast. Other ts artist point has a new character dinner with snow white evil queen and two dwarfs. Kids like chef mickeys ( why i dont know but they enjoy it so i deal with it). Boma breakfast is great. Hoop de doo is fun dinner. Whisper canyon doesnt do the shenanigans anymore.

Pardon my newbie: I know there were some great deals last month on gift cards, like RMN, but how do you guys get Disney GCs free? I know bonuses can be turned into cash, but what am I missing?
I’ve earned some on Shopkick and when you could still use Target GCs for Disney GCs, I used a bunch of TY points to get free Target GCs. I also use cash back from cards like Discover and BOA Premium Rewards to buy Disney GCs.

My husband just had open heart surgery so short, easy hikes only. And yes to the remaining options. I have noted the balloon museum, and Unser Racing Museum so far, and the Sandia Peak Tram looks cool. We would need to stay the entire time at one hotel to get the free night.

Yikes, hope your DH gets better soon! All those options in Albuquerque sound good to me. Perhaps consider adding the Petroglyph National Monument to your list there, or a Breaking Bad tour if you like that show (I never got to do the Sandia Tram but my family said it was really cool). It looks like there are some decent, easy hiking trails by the National Monument or along the Rio Grande in town.

For one day in Santa Fe: I would recommend driving up early and starting the day with breakfast at the Plaza Cafe on the historic Plaza in the middle of town (my favorite place in town for blue corn pinon pancakes closed down a couple years ago, but the ones at the Plaza Cafe were almost as good) and spend the morning walking around the area exploring all the small shops and art galleries. St. Francis Cathedral is pretty, but you can also see the San Miguel Chapel, or the floating staircase at the Loreto Chapel. If it's the weekend, there will probably be Native American artisans displaying handmade goods for sale on the walkway outside of the Governor's Palace - they are expensive but all their work is certified to be locally made (unlike some of the souvenir shops that sell stuff that they say is authentic but is actually made overseas). For museums in that immediate area, I can recommend the Georgia O'Keeffe museum, the New Mexican History Museum, and the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts. I also like The Shed for lunch - their mocha cake is to die for! If you are feeling like more art in the afternoon, you can spend hours browsing the galleries on Canyon Road, or drive to Museum Hill to see the International Museum of Folk Art, among others. Or, if you want to take a hike, I like the Aspen Vista Trail, which is on the way up to the ski basin and is a very easy, low-grade out-and-back. I would also be remiss if I didn't plug Meow Wolf, which is run by an art collective and is sort of an....unusual take on an art museum. It's fascinating and wonderful and if you enjoy the immersion of Disney World I think you would LOVE Meow Wolf. We spent four hours there on our honeymoon. Finally, we had a great meal at The Compound, if you want to splurge for dinner. If not, Maria's on Cordova Rd. has great posole and margaritas!

One day in Los Alamos/Bandelier/Valles Caldera: I'd start in Los Alamos at the Bradbury Science Museum, which is mostly about the history of the nuclear program and how Los Alamos was settled (and I believe it is free). From Los Alamos you can drive to Bandelier National Monument and see the cliff dwellings there, and also take a few easy hikes along the base of the canyon. If you have time, I'd loop through the Valles Caldera National Preserve on your way back to Albuquerque for a scenic drive - it's the remains of an ancient volcano and it's really quite impressive! I haven't been there, but the Jemez Pueblo apparently has a visitor's center you could check out, again, if time allows.

One day in Taos: It might be difficult or inconvenient to fit this in if you have to stay in the same hotel your whole trip - it's easiest to tack Taos on to a stay in Santa Fe. If you are able to work it in, the High Road to Taos is a scenic drive that takes you through several small historic towns like Chimayo and also has sweeping views of the high desert and pine forest. Taos has their own historic Plaza that is worth poking around, plenty of art galleries, shops, and restaurants, as well as the scary-but-beautiful Taos Gorge bridge. However, the main draw is the Taos Pueblo, a UNESCO World Heritage site and National Historic Landmark. The tribe has been living there for 1,000 years and you can take a guided tour to learn about some of their traditions as well as the history of the Taos Pueblo revolt of the 17th century. Really fascinating and I recommend making the trip if you can. Also, try frybread. So good. (Since people do still live there, the Pueblo might be closed to visitors during religious ceremonies - check the calendar before you make the trek).

Phew. Okay, that's my Cliff's Notes itinerary. Any questions, feel free to ask!

There's been just a bit of drama on the entire subreddit overall the past few days.
The only reason I was reading the MS thread today and caught most of it was trying to avoid the drama in the dailies. I don't even MS really so I thought I'd check it out to see what gets discussed. Um, apparently not much :lmao:

On another note, wow, bad week to be a newbie asking rudimentary questions. Honestly, some have to be alt accounts out for a laugh. No one's timing could be that bad. ( or perfect, depending on how hard you laughed)

I haven't been able to find a reason yet.....

That makes it even weirder. At least the Penske museum being in Phoenix kind of makes sense because I'm pretty sure it's attached to one of his bigger dealerships, but it's still odd that it's there and not MI or PA. Course you look at where some of the sports and other hall of fame museums are and you wonder a bit too.

Fil says they are from Albuquerque

The only reason I was reading the MS thread today and caught most of it was trying to avoid the drama in the dailies. I don't even MS really so I thought I'd check it out to see what gets discussed. Um, apparently not much :lmao:

On another note, wow, bad week to be a newbie asking rudimentary questions. Honestly, some have to be alt accounts out for a laugh. No one's timing could be that bad. ( or perfect, depending on how hard you laughed)

Yeah I have some thoughts on everything that's been going on, but ultimately they don't matter. That subreddit has a problem and I don't know what the solution is. It's always been a very toxic place, but it was a bit more subtle. I guess all of the growth made everything bubble over.

Yeah r/churning is burning down basically! And it's not just one issue, it's the whole AK drama with that guide, Citi AA crap tightening up, death of the double dip from awhile back, now this whole controversy with MS and of course the fact that they asked for input from the sub and LOCKED the post within 6 hours of putting it up.

I've been a valuable member of that community for 3 years and because I was actually working yesterday I didn't even get a chance to comment my opinion (which I think the community there would've respected and appreciated). I shouldn't care about any of this but...it's just a hot mess!! They thought removing referrals would fix the drama...They were WRONG.

Also I learned today that if you want to view removed or deleted reddit comments just change reddit.com to removeddit.com (i.e.: https://www.removeddit.com/r/churning/comments/9pt9zz/manufactured_spending_weekly_thread_week_of/)

And the big controversy today is that: CIP is currently earning 3x UR points at simon.com for VGC purchases. There, I said it, lol!

I just had to leave Reddit. They where driving me crazy. I’ve been gone for awhile and can’t believe the craziness over there. One person even wanted to ban me. Lol!
Yeah r/churning is burning down basically! And it's not just one issue, it's the whole AK drama with that guide, Citi AA crap tightening up, death of the double dip from awhile back, now this whole controversy with MS and of course the fact that they asked for input from the sub and LOCKED the post within 6 hours of putting it up.

I've been a valuable member of that community for 3 years and because I was actually working yesterday I didn't even get a chance to comment my opinion (which I think the community there would've respected and appreciated). I shouldn't care about any of this but...it's just a hot mess!! They thought removing referrals would fix the drama...They were WRONG.

Also I learned today that if you want to view removed or deleted reddit comments just change reddit.com to removeddit.com (i.e.: https://www.removeddit.com/r/churning/comments/9pt9zz/manufactured_spending_weekly_thread_week_of/)

And the big controversy today is that: CIP is currently earning 3x UR points at simon.com for VGC purchases. There, I said it, lol!

Why controversial, shouldn't that be a good thing as long as you can use the VGC or are these people anti sharing info.

ETA - nevermind, it's Fight Club rules.
Ah, yep, you got it :)

People are a little sensitive lately with how much exposure certain things are getting. It's been building since the Tesla/Plastiq debacle (douche) and there's not really been a cool off since - double dip, Citi AA mailer changes, more WM ID rules, etc etc - with added in some poorly timed posts and still some soreness over removal of referral threads ( or not removed fast enough depending on what faction you pledge allegiance) this innocuous post of info already out there was like sticking a fork into a toaster... then a couple folks decided to lick the fork first and try it directly into the outlet.

Ah, yep, you got it :)

People are a little sensitive lately with how much exposure certain things are getting. It's been building since the Tesla/Plastiq debacle (douche) and there's not really been a cool off since - double dip, Citi AA mailer changes, more WM ID rules, etc etc - with added in some poorly timed posts and still some soreness over removal of referral threads ( or not removed fast enough depending on what faction you pledge allegiance) this innocuous post of info already out there was like sticking a fork into a toaster... then a couple folks decided to lick the fork first and try it directly into the outlet.

Which I get, however I thought the Tesla Twit shared it with the blog himself, not that he was found there. I thought the blogs got their stuff from people not from people's posts on reddit. And really most people aren't coming up with these ideas themselves, they are either finding them out from someone that shares or I'm sure the rare instance where they stumble upon it like how a purchase codes. I get it, I just think they are all a bit too paranoid and maybe entitled, entitled paranoids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter