I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I think I want to sneak one in on Chase before my new Amex Rose Gold shows up and makes 5/24. Any reason not to do this? My Chase cards are CF, CSR, Marriott Biz, CIP. Considering the CIU or possibly the CIC. Any reason not to? I am having such FOMO about being officially 5/24 :sad1:

When did you apply for your last Chase card....although thinking about it if your 5/24....does it make a difference since your sneaking an application in

100,000 points just deposited in my IHG account for the credit card intro offer from August.. but.. do you all ever get "grass is greener on the other side"-itis? I'm really wanting to try out some water park type / all-inclusive resorts I've seen that are independent and can't be booked using reward points, but I don't have the budget right now to book a cash stay somewhere. Are there any resorts in the US that you've stayed at, booked with points, that you felt like was a destination in itself (for a family with young kids)? I have IHG and Hilton cards currently.

Thanks! Surveys would be great and easy but I wonder it would work since I am already signed up with SW. I'll check this evening to see if that will work. Yeah, let's not talk about those MRs. AmEx makes NO SENSE there to me since they gave me a CC of that caliber and then say but we don't trust you to get the points...and they should easily be able to see that I pay my SPG Biz off every single month...it's just software logic and it should be easy to write. I could probably do it for them.

I'm somewhat new to this, but I am not seeing the difference between AMEX and Chase with the bonus points. DH's CSR bonus didn't post until after they cashed the check for the bill that met the MSR. And now my AMEX Platinum account is doing the same. Points are pending but they aren't available until that first bill (which covers MSR) is paid. Am I missing something?

Okay, y'all once again I went a little nutty with the points/miles last night.

In my defense, I was taken off guard by DD...last year we discussed NOT planning anything for the holidays d/t her homework schedule (she was up until 2-3 AM on the Danube River Cruise working on one assignment; since she has multiples of them this year I didn't want to pay out the nose for her to do the same). Color me surprised when her father texted me about their trip to Ohio over Christmas. What? She's worried her step grandfather will die soon and to be honest, I'm surprised he didn't after his wife (DD's grandmother) passed away this spring.

So...the only reason I had not made plans for Christmas just went up in the air...enter crazy uber planning. Called the kennel, they have an opening for our 2 dogs that board there; the dog sitter can watch the other two. Check. Delta advertised First Class Sale to Europe over the holidays but nothing was working for our (the kennel's) dates. Dove deeper into Delta and 2 EDI-ATL Delta One redemptions for 100,000 skymiles/pp. Please note these were pricing 25,000 Skymiles LESS than Comfort Plus!!!

Reserved my favorite hotel in Edinburgh, played around with United v. BA for the flight over the pond and knowing that while I enjoy circuitous routes (IAH-YYZ-DUB-EDI) DH would not. So, BA from ATL, 200,000 Avios (transferred 143,000 MR with the 40% bonus currently) and we have Transatlantic done!

Booked a NYE stay in ATL, hopefully after I get my RC credit I can apply it (we'll see).

Today clarified the kennel opening time and booked PNS-ATL, round trip and was automatically bumped up from Main to Comfort Plus. I looked at all the flights for the least crowded 1st Class so hopefully we'll get up there, but it's only a 45 min trip so no worries.

Taxes for the redemptions were high-can't lie. For BA First $1500 and for Delta One 720 GBP (so ...$935). DH shrugged, called it our Christmas present and done!

And..we're set to go back to Edinburgh for the holidays! So excited and this...this is why I love credit cards :)

Wow! Excellent! I'm really impressed that you could do all of this in one day! Hope you have a fantastic trip! #goals

Probably already posted - negative changes to Delta lounge access. Those with Amex Plat impacted. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/delta-making-changes-lounge-access-policy-2019/

Yuck. Thanks for the head's up. DH is flying Delta with a layover in Detroit and the idea that he can use the lounge is perhaps the one thing that makes him less annoyed at this route.

100,000 points just deposited in my IHG account for the credit card intro offer from August.. but.. do you all ever get "grass is greener on the other side"-itis? I'm really wanting to try out some water park type / all-inclusive resorts I've seen that are independent and can't be booked using reward points, but I don't have the budget right now to book a cash stay somewhere. Are there any resorts in the US that you've stayed at, booked with points, that you felt like was a destination in itself (for a family with young kids)? I have IHG and Hilton cards currently.

Grand Wailea? That was our go-to for many years when DD was little and we wanted a resort with a great pool and waterslides. Not cheap, but back then we couldn't book on points and had another kind of deal. Now that it's being managed by Hilton I think you could use points. Possibly one of my favorite places in the world.

ol I got the new Amex Rose Gold too and wanted to get a Chase card before the Amex showed up, hence the SW Biz card I got today. I personally would go for the CIC over the CIU. The 5% at office supply stores is a great UR generator. Are you spaced out appropriately month-wise on your cards to go for one now?
I should mention DH has the CIC so I do have access to the 5%. I can't come close to maxing that out which is whyh I thought maybe a backup CIU for anything that doesn't fit into the 2-5x UR box?

When did you apply for your last Chase card....although thinking about it if your 5/24....does it make a difference since your sneaking an application in

I did my last Chase card about 4 months ago I think. I don't have my handy dandy planning notebook on me at the moment. Side point: I am all about data and spreadsheets with fancy formulas but for some reason with churning and vacation planning I need to have paper. I have an gloriously large notebook with about 40 tab dividers in it to keep track of gift cards, credit cards, budgets, and vacation plans.

I should mention DH has the CIC so I do have access to the 5%. I can't come close to maxing that out which is whyh I thought maybe a backup CIU for anything that doesn't fit into the 2-5x UR box?

I did my last Chase card about 4 months ago I think. I don't have my handy dandy planning notebook on me at the moment. Side point: I am all about data and spreadsheets with fancy formulas but for some reason with churning and vacation planning I need to have paper. I have an gloriously large notebook with about 40 tab dividers in it to keep track of gift cards, credit cards, budgets, and vacation plans.

Got it. Then I think your reasoning is sound, and the CIU is more attractive since you have the 5% covered. :thumbsup2

I’d go for it then...

are you beach people?

We love the Hilton Sandestin, but the pools aren't special. The beach is amazing and staying a week is easy.

I'd suggest Grand Wailea as well, though we've never been, hoping to go soon. Also, want to try Hilton Waikoloa Village.
The JWMarriott and Hilton on Marco Island are great (decent pools but beautiful beach). Also have my eye on Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort. Hyatt Coconut Pointe looks pretty good too.

I'm somewhat new to this, but I am not seeing the difference between AMEX and Chase with the bonus points. DH's CSR bonus didn't post until after they cashed the check for the bill that met the MSR. And now my AMEX Platinum account is doing the same. Points are pending but they aren't available until that first bill (which covers MSR) is paid. Am I missing something?

Aside from the delay in bonus points showing up in August, Chase usually posts all points earned in that statement at statement closing; including bonus points if you made the cutoff on time. In the majority of cases, if you met the spend on the first statement, you'd get the points when that statement closed, which would be before any payment at all is due. So for Chase it's not necessary to make payment to actually get the points (but you do have to be in good standing by making payments to keep them). Hope that made sense.

Also we leave for Disneyland in 3 weeks and I still haven't bought my tickets yet. I absolutely know that IF Chase ever decides to reinstate booking Disney it will not take place by then but I am still angry that I have to pay real money for these stupid things.
I really should get on it...

New Stariott brands AmEx offer: The Luxury Collection, $75 off $375+

Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $375+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts from 10/22/2018 to 1/31/2019.

Also for all the show/Broadway buffs the Telecharge $15 off $75 is back around again. (this is the offer that got me using my AmEx card again. we were buying Phantom tickets and I thought I saw some offer about it, had to find the card and dust it off to use it. I wish I had been only spending $75 though...)

Black Friday ads are starting to leak. I'm keeping my eye out for gift card deals. Looks like Rite Aid will have a deal on Southwest and Hotels.com - it's either $20 off or $20 bonus cash. The ad is still blurry. When the hi res PDF is available, the site will re-upload and we'll be able to read the fine print. https://www.bfads.net/stores/rite-aid/ads/black-friday/page-6#viewer

Applied for the CIC this morning. I think I just told someone on here a week ago I would probably not apply for more business cards, they do make me nervous still. But apparently I am weak. I told myself I would not call the status line for 24 hours, I lasted 3 hours. I am so weak! lol But it says 2 weeks!

Okay, y'all once again I went a little nutty with the points/miles last night.

In my defense, I was taken off guard by DD...last year we discussed NOT planning anything for the holidays d/t her homework schedule (she was up until 2-3 AM on the Danube River Cruise working on one assignment; since she has multiples of them this year I didn't want to pay out the nose for her to do the same). Color me surprised when her father texted me about their trip to Ohio over Christmas. What? She's worried her step grandfather will die soon and to be honest, I'm surprised he didn't after his wife (DD's grandmother) passed away this spring.

So...the only reason I had not made plans for Christmas just went up in the air...enter crazy uber planning. Called the kennel, they have an opening for our 2 dogs that board there; the dog sitter can watch the other two. Check. Delta advertised First Class Sale to Europe over the holidays but nothing was working for our (the kennel's) dates. Dove deeper into Delta and 2 EDI-ATL Delta One redemptions for 100,000 skymiles/pp. Please note these were pricing 25,000 Skymiles LESS than Comfort Plus!!!

Reserved my favorite hotel in Edinburgh, played around with United v. BA for the flight over the pond and knowing that while I enjoy circuitous routes (IAH-YYZ-DUB-EDI) DH would not. So, BA from ATL, 200,000 Avios (transferred 143,000 MR with the 40% bonus currently) and we have Transatlantic done!

Booked a NYE stay in ATL, hopefully after I get my RC credit I can apply it (we'll see).

Today clarified the kennel opening time and booked PNS-ATL, round trip and was automatically bumped up from Main to Comfort Plus. I looked at all the flights for the least crowded 1st Class so hopefully we'll get up there, but it's only a 45 min trip so no worries.

Taxes for the redemptions were high-can't lie. For BA First $1500 and for Delta One 720 GBP (so ...$935). DH shrugged, called it our Christmas present and done!

And..we're set to go back to Edinburgh for the holidays! So excited and this...this is why I love credit cards :)

I got the email that there was the sale on the Delta One Europe flights last week I think. I am so glad that someone I "know" was able to take advantage of it. That is so awesome. I am beyond jealous...every Christmas it is horrible but true I am always like "why can't we be going somewhere...why do we have to be home and do the extended family thing?"

I got the email that there was the sale on the Delta One Europe flights last week I think. I am so glad that someone I "know" was able to take advantage of it. That is so awesome. I am beyond jealous...every Christmas it is horrible but true I am always like "why can't we be going somewhere...why do we have to be home and do the extended family thing?"

Thanks-I am so excited and figure it's better to be excited than sad that my child won't be home for Christmas...making lemonade out of lemons :)

I love the idea of extended family and holidays but I'm such an introvert the reality is another thing. That's why Europe in the winter makes sense for us.

Also we leave for Disneyland in 3 weeks and I still haven't bought my tickets yet. I absolutely know that IF Chase ever decides to reinstate booking Disney it will not take place by then but I am still angry that I have to pay real money for these stupid things.
I really should get on it...
Fwiw I think LMT has the best DLR ticket prices. UT used to run amex offers in Oct fairly regularly but haven’t seen one this year so that’s something to maybe watch for before jumping to LMT. Pretty late in the month at this point but you never know.

ok so I'm sure @Lain has all my cards listed on the spreadsheet but I know most of us can't remember at least I know I can't remember who has what card

I have the following
SW business 2/17/17 closed now
CIP 9/11/17 closed now
CSR 11/7/17
CSP 11/7/17
CIC 8/20/18

DH has
CIP 2/14/18
SW business 7/27/18

My original plan was refer DH for the CSR/CSP and after approved cancel my cards well things changed so looking for recommendations. Thinking to have DH use referral link for CSP. Would it be safe to apply today for this? He has some travel coming up that could meet the spend quickly.

I'd like to do the freedom today if you think its safe to go ahead to apply. It's been two months since I applied with chase. Have a big BJs trip I need to do before the end of the month so my thinking is apply today and have them overnight my card.

Also, DH goes to LAX once a month. Are there any lounges for SWA? What cards give you access to priority lounge at MCO.

Haven't had a spend in almost two months and had saved a lot of bills up for the DD. Now need to figure out the best way to get the most out of the apps.

Saving UR for USO and to visit Gibraltar. Originally was saving for another Disney trip but hopefully they will become available again.
thanks for your suggestions

There used to be an app, I think, called Wallaby. You could put the cards in that you have and it would tell you what card you should use depending on the store and category. It has since gone away and I think TPG had one and that one seems to be gone now too.

Don't think this was already mentioned- I got a $5 off $5 Hulu purchase on both my Hilton and SPG Biz cards this morning. Can be used up to 4x. Of course, I just changed my Hulu account to be billed through Spotify for a special offer they sent me :rolleyes:

Had this on my Amex Gold. Cancelled hulu last month to switch to Netflix for the little ones...seems like more appropriate content for kids (in terms of navigating and GUI).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter