I love my kid, I really do but....... A funny for parents.

eliza61

DIS Veteran
My son really is a great kid but there are days when I think he's lost his mind....
We just had a stimulating conversation an hour ago.

The little prince has been accepted and has decided to attend the University of Cincinnati. Mom and Dad are just so proud. ;) anyhoo we recieved a letter that he needs a new mac laptop for his program and we told him since he's working he has to chip in to buy it.

Evidently this did not go over well with his highness, seems he was saving to buy a car, we told him that #1 freshman can't have cars on campus and #2 cars come with insurance, maintence and gas.

My child, the one I nurtured and taught right from wrong, how to save, how to wash his clothes and cook full meals so he didn't think it was 'womens work" looked at me and said, how am I going to get around? to which I replied.....WALK!!

Where did I go wrong?

:laughing: I can't wait for his first Ohio winter.

Where you went wrong is detailed in that little bar on the left, see.

Ain't never gonna find a City kid with that response! :lmao:

My son really is a great kid but there are days when I think he's lost his mind....
We just had a stimulating conversation an hour ago.

The little prince has been accepted and has decided to attend the University of Cincinnati. Mom and Dad are just so proud. ;) anyhoo we recieved a letter that he needs a new mac laptop for his program and we told him since he's working he has to chip in to buy it.

Evidently this did not go over well with his highness, seems he was saving to buy a car, we told him that #1 freshman can't have cars on campus and #2 cars come with insurance, maintence and gas.

My child, the one I nurtured and taught right from wrong, how to save, how to wash his clothes and cook full meals so he didn't think it was 'womens work" looked at me and said, how am I going to get around? to which I replied.....WALK!!

Where did I go wrong?

:laughing: I can't wait for his first Ohio winter.

:lmao: Too funny!

Why does he have to have a MAC:scared1:
I do see his irritation in saving for one thing and Life comes around and ruins your plans:rotfl: I LOVE my mac laptop BUT didn't love the price.

Why does he have to have a MAC:scared1:
I do see his irritation in saving for one thing and Life comes around and ruins your plans:rotfl: I LOVE my mac laptop BUT didn't love the price.

Unfortunately he's going into the college of DAAP and thats the required laptop. :scared:

Yikes. The school my son is going to built in the price of the laptop he needs into his tuition.

As an aside he thought he would get to pocket the money he got in Merit Scholarship:rotfl2: So I guess I went wrong too.

My son attends UC and he is a freshman this year and lives on campus , freshman can have cars on campus but it's expensive. He loves UC and there is a lot to keep them busy.

Kim

My son attends UC and he is a freshman this year and lives on campus , freshman can have cars on campus but it's expensive. He loves UC and there is a lot to keep them busy.

Kim

Hey thanks Kim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter