I Love Olive Garden...........

I had to laugh at Steve H.'s post regarding his Mom & Aunt chasing after Grandma to measure the ingredients....I've had to do the same with my Mom since all her recipes are stored in her head. It's very difficult to get things right without knowing how much "a little bit" is. I always ask, does that mean 1 tsp or 1 tblspn or 1/2 cup????? What's a little bit for heaven's sake?? And the answer is always different depending on what you're cooking!

What's a little bit for heaven's sake?? And the answer is always different depending on what you're cooking!
LOL!!!! I know exactly what you mean. Trying to get those from Nana was funny. The exchange went something like this:

"Add a bit of flour"

"What's a bit -- 1/4 cup? 1/2 cup?"

"Add it until it looks right"

"Okay, what does it look like?"

"Hmmm...okay, add as much as you would for biscotti but not as much as you would for manicotti crepes."

"Oh...it's all so much clearer now"

And we'd all burst into hysterical laughter.

DD loves Olive Garden. We mostly go for lunch and get the soup and salad, and breadsticks with Alfredo dipping sauce, Love them.

I like Red Lobster, especially those cheese biscuits.
BethR, would love to do lunch at Red Lobster! And I'm a little bit closer!:teeth: Is Lobster Fest still on??

By the way, I was just in Plum on my bike, did you see me???

Mishetta, so sorry to hear about your mom. But, keep up with the recipe gathering as you can. My dad was the cook in our family. When I was young I use to help him cook :rolleyes: he made me wash the dishes behind him. Anyway, there are so many things he would make: manicotti, cauliflower sauce, bracciola, that I wish I had gotten the recipe for. Oh, and homemade ravioli.

I am Italian but I do love the salad (with extra olives) and breadsticks at Olive Garden.

Originally posted by Ranatra
BethR, would love to do lunch at Red Lobster! And I'm a little bit closer!:teeth: Is Lobster Fest still on??

By the way, I was just in Plum on my bike, did you see me???

Oh so that was YOU that I saw on the bike??? ;)

Let's make a date for lunch - it's about time that we met! :)
PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter