I LOVE southern food! Best places at WDW and offsite?

Boatrights at POR, Olivia's at OKW & how about the Gospel Brunch at House of Blues?

I grew up in Enterprise and now live up North. I get my green peanuts from Asian grocery stores when they have them and then cook them up in the crockpot overnight. All I do is cover them with water and add lots of kosher salt, you might need to add more water the next morning. Way better then the canned ones. Oh, yea, they have to be green peanuts or it wont taste the same.
I am from Dothan Alabama!! My mom is till there. :) I was born at Fort Rucker EONS AGO. LOL

I am from Dothan Alabama!! My mom is till there. :) I was born at Fort Rucker EONS AGO. LOL

:wave2:

My grandmother lived in Enterprise until she passed away last year. Have family in Daleville still. I have such great memories of growing up there, I miss it, though if I moved back I would probably go crazy, its so different then DC. :crowded:

:wave2:

My grandmother lived in Enterprise until she passed away last year. Have family in Daleville still. I have such great memories of growing up there, I miss it, though if I moved back I would probably go crazy, its so different then DC. :crowded:

...just got back on this thread after a trip away for a few days...
Dothan ALA! And Enterprise ALA! wow!
just read through the above recommendations for "southern food" in Orlando and realized that I have pretty much planned ADR's at WDW, and offsite, for all the places you all have suggested! I can feel myself gaining weight, just drooling over it all!
Looked at MDE today, and only have 61 days to go, till we get there! Whoo hoo!!!! Thank you all, for your ideas, and for being so kind! XOXO!!!!

I haven't read through everything, but I find that Trails' End is very "southern" with delicious fried chicken, ribs, mac n' cheese, cornbread. We love Trails' End - such a hidden gem!

We had dinner at Homecoming a couple of weeks ago and the fried chicken and mac and cheese were DELICIOUS. Boatwright's has awesome pecan pie.

I was raised near Fort Benning, GA and step foot above the Mason-Dixon kicking and screaming, if forced. My husband and I enjoyed Boatwright's last week immensely. Had to have that fried okra, crawfish, shrimp, and oyster appetizer - and the Deep South Shrimp & Grits was delicious. Also, could not ignore my Southern Comfort cocktail (Hurricane) when it shouted at me from the back of the menu. We had the sweetest waitress and a lovely table by the fireplace. Can't wait to return.

Don't get me started on how expensive the shipping is on these cans
I hear you. The couple of years I was forced to live in Connecticut, I shipped 5 (5lb.) bags of White Lily flour up at a time just so I could make proper biscuits and such. At the time (20 years ago), it cost $20 in shipping to aquire that box of necessities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter