I made a duct tape FE

:thumbsup2Great! You are creative. My youngest DD likes to make stuff, too. Mostly wallets. Good job!

Although I'm sure it is easy to make, I'm pretty sure you could start a mini ebay shop for these creative fish extenders, lol! Let me know if you do! (I'd want one just like this but w/ hot pink instead of red) :rotfl:

Absolutely genius! Wondering how the inside of the pocket is. Do you think it might need a layer of DT attaching the inside seam as well, or is the outside attachment strong enough?
I just bought (spontaneous - saw it and had to have it) a few yards of oil-cloth in Minnie/Mickey polka dots. I'm thinking that an oil-cloth/duct tape creation might just work:idea:. What do you think?
Thank you for sharing this great idea for those of us without sewing skills, but lots of experience taping things together!:thumbsup2

My DH thinks you can do/fix/make anything w/ duct tape. Your FE to him is awesome :banana: You did an AWESOME JOB! Kudos to you for doing something different.:thumbsup2

Our FE is fabulous. I like the zebra pattern.

Daniellenbella, you rock! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the directions! I may give it a try.

Absolutely genius! Wondering how the inside of the pocket is. Do you think it might need a layer of DT attaching the inside seam as well, or is the outside attachment strong enough?
I just bought (spontaneous - saw it and had to have it) a few yards of oil-cloth in Minnie/Mickey polka dots. I'm thinking that an oil-cloth/duct tape creation might just work:idea:. What do you think?
Thank you for sharing this great idea for those of us without sewing skills, but lots of experience taping things together!:thumbsup2

That might work, I'd test the duct tape to make sure it holds to the oilcloth. I was thinking that the pockets might need to be a bit deeper, maybe make a pleat at the bottom somehow to make room. I would definately tape the inside seam if you can to make it a bit less likely to start 'unpeeling'.

Gosh there are a lot of great ideas on here. I just need to book a cruise so I can get my idea up here. :earboy2:

I'm really excited by the way it came out so I thought I would share :cool1:, hope that's ok! I cannot sew so I made it out of duct tape since my DD has so much of it!

I used a paper bag as the foundation and had some white mickey decals left over from my door magnets that I made. I'm really excited by the way it came out! :yay: Just realized I already said that, can you tell I'm excited??!!

IMG_0360.jpg

nice. i used duck tape and some cloth it was awsome, way to go!

Wow! Thanks everyone, you sure know how to make a person feel good! :lovestruc

I didn't think about taping the inside seam, but that is a good idea. I think I will try it.

That might work, I'd test the duct tape to make sure it holds to the oilcloth. I was thinking that the pockets might need to be a bit deeper, maybe make a pleat at the bottom somehow to make room. I would definately tape the inside seam if you can to make it a bit less likely to start 'unpeeling'.

Gosh there are a lot of great ideas on here. I just need to book a cruise so I can get my idea up here. :earboy2:

If you can figure out a way to make the pocket deeper, it would be a good idea. This is my first duct tape craft, let alone my first FE (I've never even seen an FE in person, only pics online) so I'm in VERY unfamiliar territory here.

I love the DT idea. Now I might actually be able to pull off making one of those. How do you make the pockets open up? Is the DT on the sides of the pockets folded in so it can expand?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter