• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Might be an Adult but I refuse to Grow UP, A May 2014 TR UPDATE: 6/13

dramaqueenemj22

Mouseketeer
INTRODUCTION!

Hey Fellow Disney Lovers!

I'm here to tell you about the awesome cruise I had aboard the Disney Fantasy, May 17-24. You might recongnize me from I'm Never Going to Disney This Close to Disney Again A March TR or my first PTR Merps in the World. Now let's begin with the Who, the What, the Where and the Why!

The Who:

Although there were many people in my cast I'm only going to be sharing pictures of myself for their privacy, although I will introduce and talk about them because they were there. Thanks for understand.

Emma - That's me, I'll be the voice behind this TR. I am an 20 year, college student who loves Disney! Other then that I love writing, I even run my own blog, The World According to Emma. My favorite characters are Stitch, Chip n' Dale and Princess Tiana.

M- On of my aunts. She is the planner behind this whole trip and did awesome!

C- M's husband.

J - M and C's son. He's almost 2 years old and too cute for words. His favorite characters are Dusty (from Planes) and MickOuse (Mickey Mouse). He also found a love for Dumbo. More on that later.

E - My other aunt who I went with.

G- My grandma.

Others:
DFather - We saw him at the end and beginning of the trip because he lives in Florida, but he didn't come on the cruise with us.

DFather'sGF - Same as above.

What:
A Disney Cruise on Fantasy and a mini Disney Trip.

When:
May 16- 26

Why:
Who doesn't want to go on Disney Cruise?

I hope you all will want to follow along with me and be sure to let me know you here by saying hi! I'm still compiling my notes so I'll be back in a couple days to do my first update!

Next Update!

Days Leading Up to the Trip

I always find it interesting to know what people are doing for the days leading up to their trips so I wanted to start this TR by doing that.

I had just finished finals for my spring semester and had moved home meaning I had A LOT of laundry to do but me being a procrastinator didn't do it until later in the week, not a good idea.

Anyways in the days leading up to the trip I worked a few days, which was good to have money for my trip. :thumbsup2

I also had to run some last minute errands for sunscreen, a new swimsuit, I couldn't for the life of me find my old one, still can't and i had to get my oil change. Not so magicial.

A few days beforehand I tweeted:

Can it be cruise day puhlease!

On the day before my cruise I worked a 12-7 shift and stopped to get dinner on the way home. I had laundry waiting in the dryer that I thought would be dry but they weren't. I kept drying them but nothing seemed to work.

Finally my mom came home and asked me if the dryer was on fluff. We had been dog sitting the week before and the dog was having some tummy issues :crazy2: and she had to wash the dog bed.

I changed the dryer setting and went to bed, it was around 11:30 and I knew I'd be getting up early the next morning.

Would my clothes be dry in the morning? Find out soon. I'm almost done compiling my notes and then we can really get the ball rolling. Also I apologize for the lack of pictures, there will be more in other updates as I took cloase to 500 pictures.

Continue to the Next Post

Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Let's Get Going

I woke up pretty early this morning because it was Disney Day! It was the kind of awake where you knew you wouldn't be able to fall asleep but you weren't quite ready to get moving. So, I went up a laid on the couch and watched the news. My mom finished showering and I said good-bye. :hug:

I eventually got my butt into gear and headed went upstairs and got my laundry which was FINALLY dry! :laundy: I shoved everything into the suitcase not caring how much I brought. I did make sure I had everything I needed and nothing was left behind.

Before leaving home I tweeted:
IT'S DISNEY DAY AND I'M BEYOND EXCITED! MY CRUISE STARTS TOMORROW.

I packed my car and headed to the grocery store to do some last minute things. The first thing I did was stop at coinstar machine. I had been saving al the change I would get back for about a month and half. When it was all said and done, I had over $10 worth of change. I'm definately keeping this technique for my next trip!

I tweeted:
Just did coin star. I had $10 in change in my wallet. #saywhat

After that I grabbed some shaving cream because I was out, took some money out of the ATM and grabbed some breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts. Sorry no food pics.

I then headed over to G's house because we were on the same flight and driving to the airport. When I got there she was still getting ready so I brought my stuff to outside her car and then found out that I had locked myself out of her house. Ooops.

But she found me and we loaded up her car and we're on the move.

We parked her car and got on the shuttle to airport. We checked in, went through security and found our gate. I also bought some skittles for the road and a pair of headphones.

We were flying Southwest so we didn't have assign seats. We ended up not sitting together, I was next to two guys who slept the whole time. I watched an episode of Teen Wolf and read some Fault in Our Stars.

When we got to Orlando, we headed down towards ME. When we got to the baggage claim level we stopped in the bathroom. And then made it too the Magical Express.

DSCN0192.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We checked in and they sent us to our line.

We were on a traditional Magical Express bus but next to us was a cruise one which made me even more excited to get on the ship the next day.

This was my first time seeing the new video on the Magical Express. I will say that I missed the characters getting ready for their trip but I liked that they highlight some of the awesome attractions in the different parks.

The first stop for ME was Wilderness Lodge which is my mom's home resort for DVC.

But that is not where we got off. That is where I'm going to leave you for today. Where do you think we were staying?

A Grand First Night

Good Evening Everyone, as you may have guessed from the title we we're staying at The Villas at Grand Floridian! I was beyond excited at this was one of my dream resorts but more on that later.

When we got off ME we headed towards the Villas to find our room. I had been texting M on the bus and she told me the number.

When we got there M,C, J, DFather and DFather's GF were already there. E's flight had been delayed and wouldn't be joining us until later. We had a gorgeous 2 bedroom Villa, I have more pictures of the room itself coming with the next morning's post.

Soon it was time to head to dinner, we would be eating at the Grand Floridian Cafe. We had a good waitress and the food was really good as well. I had a Floridian Burger which was a burger with lobster and some other stuff on it. It was really good and I'm glad I got it!

After dinner we stopped at the general store to get some water and such. One thing I noticed was a small mural that was painted on the top shelf and I thought it was pretty.

Then we slowly made our way from the main building of the Grand over to the villas and I snapped some pictures along the way.

If I ever was to get married at the Grand, I would want at picture of me in my dress in front of that fountain, I think its gorgeous.

For some reason C, J and I got seperated from the group, while we waited for them to catch up, I had a little photo shoot with the penguin fountain and I have to say its more beautiful in person then it is in photos.

Once everyone caught back up we went back to the room and socialized for a little while and then it was time to get ready for bed. So, I hoped in probably one of the coolest showers ever, I wished a I had a picture of it. :dance3: After my shower I stayed awake waiting for E's luggage to be delivered, it finally was around midnight. I also quickly texted my bestie a happy birthday message. And that was a night.

Would be smooth sailing getting to the ship the next morning? Find out next time!

A Grand First Morning

I woke up without a problem at around 7:15 and tweeted almost immediately:

Its cruise day!!!!!!! Ahhhhh...I'm so excited!

I got up and dressed for the day, put on some sunscreen and waited for everyone else. While I waited I took some pictures around the room.

The secret bed

Which I loved because it had the lyrics of the Mary Poppins going to bed song.

And of course a picture of Jane and Michael.

And a view from out balcony!

We were able to see the monorail go by as we were right next to the track, but we couldn't hear it which was nice. Anyways every time the monorail J would say, "Bye, bye choo-choo." It was too cute. :wave:

Once everyone was ready we put all the suitcases near the door and headed to breakfast. We went to the counter service place, sorry I can't think of the name. I had some Mickey Waffles, yum!

After breakfast we headed back to the villa and snapped a few pictures along the way.

When we got back we called the bell service guy who was there fast and we loaded up out things and head down to catch our....limo! :cloud9:

When we got down to the limo we packed out bags into the car, I have no idea how he did there was SO MUCH stuff but he did. And we all packed into this beauty (the second most beautiful form of transportation for our trip).

And we were off to board the Fantasy! And that's where I'm going to end it. Did we get to Port easily? How was boarding? Find out next time!

Next Post

Great start! What a fantastic night before the cruise at the Grand Floridian. Can't wait to hear more!

Great start! What a fantastic night before the cruise at the Grand Floridian. Can't wait to hear more!

:welcome: I'm glad you are enjoying it! I noticed that your first cruise is coming up and I'm so excited for you guys because they are amazing, I'm going to have to check out your PTR to see your plans.

All Aboard, Who's Going Aboard

When we last left off we were getting into our limo. We had a glamorous ride that was very easy to the port. Because of the way we were pulling into the port I couldn't get a good picture of our first view. Soon our limo pulled up to the curb outside the terminal and we were even closer to the boat.

We made it through security pretty easily and checked in without a problem. I was a silver level cruises since I had been on 2 cruises in the past. Once everything was said and done it was time to board the boat! It was open boarding so people did there potty business and I just took time to looka round the pre-boarding area.

Once everyone was done we boarded the boat!

The announced us on to the ship. I do have a video of it but I don't know how to load just a clip onto photobucket and its a little long but I do have some of it in my trip video I'm working on.

After getting ont he ship we decided to have lunch at Enchanted Garden. It was a lunch buffet and we all had some yummy food and definately worth the visit because its not a crowded as Cabana's. The only pictures that I took are of J and I'm not comfortable sharing his pictures on here.

After lunch we went to the DVC meeting and got some freebies and learned a little bit about the Grand Floridian resort and DVC's Poly. I really, really want to stay at the DVC's Poly.

We then got to go back to our stateroom. I was sharing a handicap room with G and E. I didn't take any pictures of the room but I did do a video tour my blog/youtube channel so if you want to check it out, you can by clicking here

I did take some pictures of our view of the port which is exciting...I guess. :confused3:confused3:confused3

Then it was time for our life boat drill, I think we were in the Beuna Vista Theatre which I actually really like because you aren't baking in the heat. I then went to the Set Sail Party with M,C, and J. J seemed like he liked the show.

I remembered being so impressed with that dancer because she seemed to really love her job. I also have some clips that will be in my video but not a lot because of the wind.

After the show we met back up with G and E to get ready for dinner. But first we stopped to check out the nursery because J would be spending some time there most nights.

Where would be eating dinner? Would it be good? How are we going to spend out night? Find out in the next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter