I miss the dining plan

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
Yes, I spent less on food than when I had the DDP (by a few hundred $), but I missed the convenience. I missed not even looking at prices and just ordering. I hope the DDP comes back.

I was exactly the same. I loved how convenient it was. We took our first non-dining package trip and I was surprised how much we liked it. It allowed me try restaurants not on the dining plan, looking at you Bluezoo, and allowed for more flexibility in our dining. I am not sure I would buy it again and Disney opened up the door for me to give someone else my dining dollars. We also saved a lot of money and ate mostly at signature dinning and never looked at prices.

We miss it too. We always got value from it, and it just made life easy. I don't understand why at least quick service hasn't come back, since it's not nearly as sensitive to staffing levels.

I think many who don't like/use the dining plan were not conditioned as children to ALWAYS look at the price. I still check the right side of the menu even though I can afford whatever I might want. The DDP allows me to order what I want w/o feeling guilty. Also, we like the more expensive choices so it actually saves us money.

I don't like what the DDP did to the menus, especially in Epcot. When restaurants there first opened, menus were much more varied and authentic. Once the DDP was introduced, that all changed since restaurants had to make money and couldn't afford to keep the original menus. I wish they would change back to a robust a la carte menu and offer a scaled back prix fixed for DDP users.

I think many who don't like/use the dining plan were not conditioned as children to ALWAYS look at the price. I still check the right side of the menu even though I can afford whatever I might want. The DDP allows me to order what I want w/o feeling guilty. Also, we like the more expensive choices so it actually saves us money.
amen

I don't like what the DDP did to the menus, especially in Epcot. When restaurants there first opened, menus were much more vttharied and authentic. Once the DDP was introduced, that all changed since restaurants had to make money and couldn't afford to keep the original menus. I wish they would change back to a robust a la carte menu and offer a scaled back prix fixed for DDP users.
Disney hasn't had a dining plan for the past few years. Menus have continued being scaled down. A lot of standardization between restaurants.

I think the Dining plan was the result of menu simplification not the cause. Look at bar menus. Souvenirs

The dining plan costs for ‘24 were just released. The Prices for adults is Much more expensive in both plans, the kids are now cheaper.
I loved it for convenience, but there’s no cost savings imho. It’s the ease that was just One less thing to think about for an Already “must plan” vacation ( if u want to feel like u got ur moneys worth overall.
The plans are Less offered for More Money, but no surprise there.
Not something we’ll consider anymore as honestly We just eat healthier and eat less. For those that like the Ease of it, Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter