• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need a question answered asap

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
I am 2 weeks out to sailing. I have a inside room booked through Costco. I just noticed VGT rooms available at lower cost. I read somewhere you cannot get room that costs less without penalty. What does this mean? It is a higher category but costs 200 less than my inside. Can I switch rooms and what is the penalty?

Thanks

You would need to cancel your reservation completely, then book the VGT rate. Those rates are only for new bookings. They are usually last minute rates to book any rooms that remain on that particular sailing. They come with many restrictions- new bookings only, paid in full at time of booking, no cancellations, no picking location, etc.

I suspect that cancelling your inside stateroom to make the switch to a new cabin would also incur a hefty cancellation fee at this point. Can't hurt to call DCL but I am not optimistic.

so will I get my money back automatically to rebook or have to wait to get it back through bank or is there a credit to me that I can use right away? We don't care about location and its two weeks out so we are already paid in full. Do I call Costco or Disney?

also what will happen to my prepaid tips and stateroom credit? - Do they refund this and I have to repay or do they switch it to new room?

You can't call Disney (that is one of the major reasons against using a TA. You don't own the reservation, they do.) If you want to cancel, you go through Costco. I believe at 14 days you have a 100% cancellation penalty, so you won't get ANYTHING back.

You can't call Disney (that is one of the major reasons against using a TA. You don't own the reservation, they do.) If you want to cancel, you go through Costco. I believe at 14 days you have a 100% cancellation penalty, so you won't get ANYTHING back.
Obviously you would eventually get prepaid tips refunded. Depending on the source of the onboard credit you probably lose it.

Oh wow so basically I cant change rooms because I lose all my money - its 24 day away. That's a bummer I was okay losing the difference if I paid more for my inside room but it would make no sense at all to pay for a new room and lose all my money

24 days I believe is a 75% cancellation penalty. But yes, you are WAY to close to your sailing date to be playing reservation games.

You could get Costco to ask what the rate difference is if you wanted to upgrade. If it's gone to VGT, maybe they have a better upgrade price than they've had all year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter