I need help with sports figures fast

tigercat

<font color=magenta>Cook, clean and foot massage.
My dgrdd is doing a project on sports figures. I was wondering if any of you knew about any sports figures from 1965. It would be great if they were Canadian but they don't have to be. What did you admire about them, what were they like ect. Also, need info on Mike Weir. Do you have any idea where I could look the info up?
tigercat:confused:

tigercat - Don't know about athletes for 1965 -
but for Mike Weir - he has a website: www.mikeweir.com
Plus, check out April 28th edition of Maclean's Magazine - He is on the cover, plus a few good stories about him.
I hope this helps.

Just back from Champions on Ice.....and I see that Petra Burka won the World Figure Skating (Women's) at Colorado Springs USA in 1965. You could maybe do a google search for more information on her. I hope this helps.

I know nothing about sports but a search brought up this gentleman... I went for the Canadians. He won the only gold medal Canada got at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.

ROGER JACKSON

Dr. Roger Jackson is one of Canada's most prominent figures in the national and international sport community. He is the former Director of Sport Canada and former Dean of Physical Education at the University of Calgary. He is currently Director of the University of Calgary Sport Medicine Centre, Chairman of the Technical Commission and an Executive Committee Member of the Pan American Sports Organization. He is also on the IOC Coordination Committee for the 1998 and 2002 Olympic Winter Games. Dr. Jackson represented Canada in three consecutive Summer Olympics, beginning with Tokyo (1964) where he won a Gold medal in rowing (pair oars). Formerly President of the Canadian Olympic Association, Dr. Jackson is an Officer of the Order of Canada and a member of the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame.

Thanks everyone for the help. We searched on MSN as was suggested. I found Nancy Greene's name and remembered all the excitment when she won the gold and silver. We decided to do her as I at least remembered her. It was neat as well because she was named female athlete of the century in Canada. She won in 1968 but she was skiing in 1965 and that was okay.
tigercat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter