I need help with the Poly!!

DarthGoofy

I am glad God has it all under control.
My wife and I have decided to end our trip at the Poly. I don't know very much about this resort at all.

I need all of you experts to give me some tips on room location and anything else that you think would be useful. We are thinking of requesting the Tahiti building.

Like I said, I am really lost when it comes to the Poly so any information will be helpful.

You will get lots of help here, but we need a little more information to help you. Do you want lagoon view or standard view? Concierge or non-concierge? How many people will be going with you. Tikiman will jump in and help as he does most of us on this. If he doesn't, I can tell you that Tahiti has excellent lagoon view rooms. We stayed at a concierge, lagoon view room last month in Hawaii and had a fabulous view of the entire setting. Drop in again and give some more specifics and ask some more questions. People in here are only too quick to help......:jester:

Tikiman's Polynesian page rocks. It has everything you need: Tikiman's Polynesian Page

If you're like me, you'll still be confused :). I still have no idea what lodge to request. I sure wish the Samoa Longhouse was non-smoking!

We are by no means experts, but we returned from the Poly a week ago (exactly in about an hour!) We couldn't get Concierge, so stayed in Tahiti, lagoon view. We were in 1034 -- about 20 feet from the beach, & 25 feet from a (double) hammock hanging between two palm trees. We had a fabulous view of the castle & Space Mountain, plus the boats going between TTC & MK. We were closer to the TTC than to the main building at the Poly (Great Ceremonial House). This was fine for us, & very convenient for getting around. We were kind of far from the pool, and even farther from the marina, but not unmanageable. In our opinion, if you are going to use the resort as just a place to sleep between parks, opt for close to TTC. If you want to enjoy the resort, you might want to consider a building closer to the MK end (nearer to the pool & marina). Just our humble opinion. Enjoy!

It will just be my wife and I. We are planning on doing most of our park visiting during the week, and then spend some time at the Poly on the weekend. I would love to get a lagoon view, but will probably have to stick with a garden view.

Thanks for the info. Keep it comin'

My MIL was across the hall in Tahiti in a garden view room. If not for our room, she'd have had to walk around the end of the building to get to the beach, but still it is not very far on beautifully landscaped sidewalks. She was also just as close to transportation, etc. & still had a very nice room. Even though it was farthest from the pool & marina, the grounds are beautiful, so the walk is very relaxing. Also, I don't know if noise is an issue closer to the pools or marina, but Tahiti was VERY quiet, even with people on the beach.

that Samoa were non-smoking!

If it were, I'd definitely request that building.

We're trying to decide between asking for Fiji 3rd floor and Nuie patio. We are taking 3 kids, and aren't sure..........

Any advice?

We stayed in a GV room. We requested the Tokalou building (Tikimans idea) a room as close to the water as possible. We got room 1912 we had a patio. We were 3 rooms from the end it was great we could sit on the patio and see the beach and the GF if we turned to the right we could see the castle. They had surprise fireworks while we were their we could see them from our patio. This room was great I thought it could have been a LV room but it was a GV which is a good thing it has a cheaper price tag but a great view. Also not far from anything a few minutes to everything. You will love it here. Have fun.

This room sounds very nice. do you think it would be a good choice for a honeymoon couple? We're looking for something kind of quiet and relaxing but romantic. And frankly I could use all the help I can get choosing. Thanks.

We stayed at a garden view room tokalou .second floor room 2912 had balony , close walking to hammocks. and great view of the fireworks and Electric water parade.
Great view of beach and lagoon. , this was the first vacation for hubby and i ,without our kids , it was our 17th anniversary and they treated us great!!! roses very day . I am going back .

Mrsmom

been there, done That , Going back!

Originally posted by BALAMAV
We stayed in a GV room. We requested the Tokalou building (Tikimans idea) a room as close to the water as possible. We got room 1912 we had a patio. We were 3 rooms from the end it was great we could sit on the patio and see the beach and the GF if we turned to the right we could see the castle.

You could see the castle while sitting? It appears from Tikiman's website that the view from that room was obstructed by a small hill.

I'm sorry you do have to stand. I bet the people right above us in 2912 you could probably sit and see it. We could however just stand and look we didn't have to leave our patio. I hope everyone knows the castle is not that close to any of the rooms even the lagoon con. I am not sure the exact distance Tikiman might know but I would guess 1/4 of a mile. I was surprised at how far it was. But that doesn't matter you can still see it great especially at night when it is all light up and changing colors

Kissygoose...... 20 years ago last month, we spent our honeymoon at Disney and stayed at the Poly, lagoon view. Then, the buildings had different names, but we stayed then in what is now Hawaii. We stayed on the second floor.

Last month we went back to the Poly for our 20th anniversary. We have been back to Disney many, many times but we had such fond memories of our honeymoon, we wanted to go back. We enjoyed it this time just as much.

This time we had a full balcony, staying in room 3503, but any room from 3501-3510 would give you and excellen view and lasting memories Best wishes......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter