I need help!!

bridgettesmom

<font color=green>Got a tag because she eats all h
My 24 yr old nephew is going to Disney and he needs to rent an ECV and Oxygen (with prescription). Hopefully, he won't have to use the oxygen, but, we just want to make sure he has it in case he needs it. We are calling Colonial and Care Medical, but, I'm wondering if they will deliver and how will they arrange it. He has Cystic Fibrosis and his lungs are running with 40% capacity, but, he needs to live his life and have fun. The doctor gave him the ok to go as long as he has these things, so, we want to make sure he has them. If you can recomend any other companies that you trust and delivers their equipment to Disney I will really appreciate it!!

I forgot to mention he is staying at POP.

Thanks!! :wave2:

bridgettesmom said:
My 24 yr old nephew is going to Disney and he needs to rent an ECV and Oxygen (with prescription). Hopefully, he won't have to use the oxygen, but, we just want to make sure he has it in case he needs it. We are calling Colonial and Care Medical, but, I'm wondering if they will deliver and how will they arrange it. He has Cystic Fibrosis and his lungs are running with 40% capacity, but, he needs to live his life and have fun. The doctor gave him the ok to go as long as he has these things, so, we want to make sure he has them. If you can recomend any other companies that you trust and delivers their equipment to Disney I will really appreciate it!!

I forgot to mention he is staying at POP.

Thanks!! :wave2:

I have done business with Care Medical several times and have found them to be exceptionally responsive to problems related to living with medical equipment that can occasionally cause logistics headaches for those who depend on them working properly. Care delivers, picks up, repairs, services on-site and was first recommended to me by a CM at the Beach Club resort. I have always spoken to Jay at Care and he has never steered me wrong.

I really appreciate your feedback, as you can tell we just want to make things easier for my nephew, so, that he can enjoy his time at Disney. I'm glad to hear that they pick up and deliver, since, they won't be renting a car. I'll pass this on to my brother, who will feel better dealing with a company that has been recommended.

Thanks!!!! :goodvibes

I don't know if they will handle oxygen, but they do rent out equipment including ECVs. You might want to talk to the company that currently supplies you with Oxygen and ask if they can contact a company here in the Orlando area. That way everything will be done correctly and your paperwork (and frustration) will be at a minimum.

Cheshire Figment said:
You might want to talk to the company that currently supplies you with Oxygen and ask if they can contact a company here in the Orlando area. That way everything will be done correctly and your paperwork (and frustration) will be at a minimum.
::yes::
The company that provides his oxygen at home might have a branch in the Orlando area. Even if they don't, chances are very good that they have assisied other people who have traveled to Orlando. Whatever company you use in Orlando, the current providers will be able to work with them to make sure all the prescriptions and paperwork are done correctly so he gets what he needs.
According to Care's website, they do provide oxygen and respiratory equipment. It probabably would be easier to deal with the same company for all his equipment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter