• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~*~ I need ideas for a meal for a BOY!

shari2shop

Cinderella is proof that shoes can change a girl's
Oh My Gosh, I need help!!!

My daughter proudly told everyone over the last 2 days that she is going to have breakfast with Cinderella. (I was able to get PS for Cindy's for our 1st morning) This was all great until my 7yr son asked if we were going to get to eat with any of the 'Disney Guys'. I about melted right then and there. I had not taken the time to plan a special meal for him!

So where can we eat that he will feel that it is 'special' for him???

Are there any boy character meals out there??

What about regular meals what just have a unique boy flaire? I was thinking about the drive-in/car table place at MGM.

We have a Rainforest near here so that won't be extra speical but we might have to do it.

Any advice would be appreciated greatly!!!
:wave:
Shari

The lack of a "boy" character meal has been discussed a lot on these boards. There really isn't one. The best choices for a boy I would think would be Chef Mickey's, Donald's Breakfastosaurus, Ohana, or the Garden Grill. All of them have the traditional Mickey gang - no girly princesses. Another option would be to send him on the Pirate Adventure Cruise. It leaves from the GF and is about 2 hours long. You can find out more info on all of these at www.allearsnet.com

My guys always loved Donald's Breakfastosaurus. The characters are Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Pluto - not a girl character in sight! And the theming is an archeological digsite with dinosaur artifacts all around - great for boys!

The guys also loved Sci Fi Dine In - in fact, they still do at 13 and 15. If your son likes cheesy old sci fi clips he'll love it here. And eating in the cars is a lot of fun too. If you do decide to go there, I'd recommend lunch over dinner. The burgers, fries, onion rings, and shakes are great, but most of the other food there gets bad reviews, and the burgers aren't on the dinner menu.

With the exception of Minnie and the Princesses - EVERY character meal is all boys. But not the "heros" or face characters. The only female character in Pooh is Kanga who doesn't come to breakfast. Daisy is not at any of the meals. Alice, I think, shows up at the GF on occation.

We do Ohana usually. Mickey, Pluto, Goofy and Chip & Dale - all boys. Years ago, that was a Minnie breakfast

My vote is for Donald's Breakfastosaurus too. I think he would enjoy the dig theme and the food is good too.

The 2 that I would recommend are Chef Mickey's for Donald's Break... both for breakfast. While both girls and boys would enjoy both they are not girly at all. My DS especially liked Donalds because of the Dinosaur theme.

As a non character meal my DS also loved Sci Fi. He loved eating in the "cars". It was pricy at dinner but the lunch is supposed to be better priced. The shakes and hamburgers are great.

Kaycee said:
The burgers, fries, onion rings, and shakes are great, but most of the other food there gets bad reviews, and the burgers aren't on the dinner menu.

FYI -
You can get a burger and fries for dinner, you just have to ask. I told the server we'd read really good things about the burgers and was disappointed not to see them on the menu for dinner. He said I could still order them, that Disney felt like more elaborate foods should be on the dinner menus, but all the lunch "sandwiches" were still available.

Shelly

Thanks... I'm going to look into all the suggested places to eat.

I think that Chef Mickey's and Donald's Breakfastosaurus sound like the best character meals so I'm going to try to PS for those. I know that Donald's Breakfastosaurus is at AK, but where is Chef Mickey's located?

I also think that the Sci-fi place at MGMs is a must (for lunch). Do you suggest PS for Sci Fi in Mid March? While I like knowing where we want to eat I hate being pinned to a certain time. However I'd reather have PS than to wait for a long perdoi of time... So PS or Not at SciFi??

What about the Hoop de doo (I know thats not the name but I can't remember it right now) thing?? Would that be worth a evening meal? Is it a fun, memoriable event?

Thanks!
Shari

Hoop de Doo is fantastic. The humour is geared for kids. I took a 12 year old boy with leukemia there once. On the whole trip he was so serious, never smiling once. 10 minutes into the Hoop de Doo he was laughing and enjoying himself very much. Now that he is gone, that is one of my most cherished memories. Hoop de Doo is fun for the whole family. If your kids are pickey eaters, explain when you make your reservations, and they will set you up with a kids menu or whatever you need.

shari2shop said:
I know that Donald's Breakfastosaurus is at AK, but where is Chef Mickey's located?

Chef Mickey's is in the Contemporary Resort.

I really wish they would do a Hero's breakfast with Aladdin, Hercules, Peter Pan, etc. That would be GREAT! Equal time for the boys. But, since they don't have one available, I would suggest Donald's Breakfastosaurus at DAK, Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner with Goofy and friends, or Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club with Goofy. Any would fit the bill. My 1st choice would be Cape May, and then Liberty Tree Tavern.

My sons are now 16 and 18 and we are going the last week in February. I wouldn't be able to pay them enough to go to a princess breakfast to make their 9 year old sister happy. That being said she and I are going by ourselves. However we went when they were 9 and 11. There was a character breakfast them at MGM with Aladin, Meeko from Pocahantas and a few others animals that were more in keeping with young boys. Jasmine showed up also and gave my then 11 year old a kiss on the cheek that had him still blushing an hour later. I don't know if they still have this one but it's worth a try. Also the last time we went we had dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. Minnie was there so that made my daughter happy. But Goffy and Pluto were also there. They spent so much time making a spectacle of my sons, then 12 and 14, that they had the whole room laughing with us. My sons are still talking about this one. Hope this helps. :cool1:

"There was a character breakfast them at MGM with Aladin, Meeko from Pocahantas and a few others animals that were more in keeping with young boys. "

Unfortunately when they brought in Bear in the Big Blue House they closed that restaurant (I believe it was called the Soundstage). I miss that restaurant for one reason.... they also closed the CatWalk Bar, which overlooked it. That was the greatest little spot to get out of the heat and have a libation, or 2! That is when they started doing the character meal at Hollywood and Vine, which is now defunct, as well!

We have three boys and I also was looking for something "special" like CRT. We settled on Chef Mickey's and the Pirate Cruise (bonus for the parents...they get 2 hours off!)

This gets my vote for fave boy place. My guys (6&8 at the time) LOVED it. It was hard getting them to leave. However, they hated the food (thought the hot dogs were 'funky'). I also didn't care for the sandwiches. When we go back, Sci-fi is a must- for a mid-day snack/dessert. Make sure you ask- and wait for-a car. I would also do the PS.

shari2shop said:
So PS or Not at SciFi??

I would definitely suggest a PS for Sci Fi. We eat there every trip, and I've seen people who didn't have PS's turned away more times than not. I usually make a PS for an earlier lunch (11 or 11:30) and we rarely have to wait more than a few minutes. The one time we ate lunch at 1, we had a little wait, but not bad.

I really wanted to try Chef Mickeys but I was nervious about having to get to a resort for this. I'm already worring about getting into MK for our CRT PS before the park opens and getting from OKW to Hoop Dee Doo! So, if all goes well (and I feel more confident about getting around the kingdom) on this trip I will add Chef Mickey to our trip in 06!

Okay... I called and made PSs today...

Day one (MK) ... 8:30am for CRT
Day two (AK) ... 10:30am for Doanld's Breakfastausrous (sp?) (I did it late so it would be like a bruch for us)
Day three (Water Park) ... 7:15pm Hoop Dee Doo
Day four (Epcot) .... 8:00pm at Rose and Crown (think I'll make it a little earlier)
Day five (MGM) .... 12:05pm at Sci Fi

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I think all the PS (except Rose and Crown) will be enjoyed by both of my kids!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!
Shari

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter