• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Need ideas for could do special for my DD (over 20) on our Girls Nights out Trip?

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
I am planing a trip with my DD (whom are both in there 20's) just after christmas to 1st week of January. We will be doing a lot of resort hopping (WL, OKW, BW and AKL) as we did not plan this trip at the 11 month mark and resort hoping is fun, right?

I was thinking today that maybe I could do something unique for the DD.
Here is some ideas

Special shirts made up
Hats for New Years at MK (do others do this)
Glow in the dark Thingees for New Years??
Surprises in the room?
Treasure Hunt ? Nah, that sounds to hard to conduct.

Anyone have any ideas?

OT-make sure to waitlist at least a night or two for the "7 days" mark--and then still call each AM to see if rooms free up the week prior. Most let their WL expire at the 30 day mark. We even got AKV value room from WL at Christmastime at 5-10 days out. If you could get 1 or more nights, maybe you could knock off one resort move. The key to moving a lot is the pack very light--think carry-on and backpack. The problem with hopping is not being able to settle in and also not having a room until possibly 4pm each day. The good news is that DVC check out is 11am. You might want a daybag with bathing suit, etc.
Now for fun things--I love the hottub at AKV and sitting by the pool--I could (and do) do it all day and people watch. There is a sauna, I believe at AKV-Jambo on the side of the hottub--so you could hottub and sauna even if it was cold outside. AKV also has very nice ceramics on certain days. You can pick it up another day, even if you are not still at AKV, just tell them to hold it for you at the ceramics room. We also like to make Mickey Ears at Goofy's candy in DTD. We also love renting bikes.
Instead of scavenger hunt, what about photo hunt for a scrapbook?

OT-make sure to waitlist at least a night or two for the "7 days" mark--and then still call each AM to see if rooms free up the week prior. Most let their WL expire at the 30 day mark. We even got AKV value room from WL at Christmastime at 5-10 days out. If you could get 1 or more nights, maybe you could knock off one resort move. The key to moving a lot is the pack very light--think carry-on and backpack. The problem with hopping is not being able to settle in and also not having a room until possibly 4pm each day. The good news is that DVC check out is 11am. You might want a daybag with bathing suit, etc.
Now for fun things--I love the hottub at AKV and sitting by the pool--I could (and do) do it all day and people watch. There is a sauna, I believe at AKV-Jambo on the side of the hottub--so you could hottub and sauna even if it was cold outside. AKV also has very nice ceramics on certain days. You can pick it up another day, even if you are not still at AKV, just tell them to hold it for you at the ceramics room. We also like to make Mickey Ears at Goofy's candy in DTD. We also love renting bikes.

1Instead of scavenger hunt, what about photo hunt for a scrapbook?

I love the ideas you have.

We will definitely go to the hot tubs at AKL. We were able to get one day in concierge on my DD birthday. We might just spend the day at the lodge and enjoy the hot tub and concierge that day.

Ceramics sounds really fun. Hopefully it is on the day we spnd the day at the lodge.

Maybe we will rent a Surrey bike at WL or BW. We used to bring a couple of bikes with us when we drove to Disney and stayed at Ft Wilderness or Vero Beach. I really miss havng a bike and we always talked about renting a surrey bike.

Love the thought of the photo treasure hunt. We will be buying the Photopass. I need some more ides for how to do this. I am not a ceative one, but love others creative ideas.

As far as hopping hotels. We could have stayed at OKW or Saratoga the entire stay but those are not are favorite places (OKW is DH but is is not going this trip).
We will spend 4 nights at WL, was lucky when that one came available, then one night at OKW. I will have WL send bags to BW except one bag to OKW for that night. After BW, bags will be sent to AKL. I figure we can go to the parks before checking into our new hotel each switch and then by the time we check in the room it should be ready and the bags should have also arrived. Since it is just the 3 of us and we have never stayed at BW I think the Hopping might be ok. Thankfully Disney will move the luggage for us.

given your scenario, and since OKW is 1 night and just a place to stay, I would consider WL at VWL and also at BWV in the room category you already have for the OKW night. I think you have a very decent chance of getting that night last minute at BWV, as there are a lot of rooms. There will flights canx b/c of snow, etc., even last minute--so be sure to call MS even the day prior and the day of. If not, your plan of sending luggage ahead is a good one. We used to do this in Europe, take a small bag for a 1 night trip and leave the big bag with bell services for our return.
No help with photo scavenger--but you can fin lots of ideas online. Also, you don't have to stay at AKV to do ceramics. You can pop over and do it even if you are at another DVC--just have the hold it for you for pick up. We did ceramics and went on a cruise and picked it up when we returned.

I will keep a lookout for WLV or BWV for the one night. Hopefully the cancellations at that time are not from us being snowed in. Does not happen often here in December but I remember one christmas that son was stuck in OKC on christmas day.

Have you considered going to La Nouba (Cirque d'Soleil)? I took my adult daughter there and we had an amazing time. It truly is an awesome experience.

Have you and DDs ever had "tea" at the Garden View at the Grand Floridian? My adult DD and I have been taking a girls trip in Dec for several years. We usually schedule it the last day of our trip and really enjoy it.

Have you considered going to La Nouba (Cirque d'Soleil)? I took my adult daughter there and we had an amazing time. It truly is an awesome experience.

la nouba is fantastic :thumbsup2
also, raglan road (the music and dancers are amazing) and/or blue man group (universal).
DD & i enjoy mini-golf, the stroll to/fro BWV and DHS (chatting, stopping to talk to ducks, play with lizards, take odd photos).
walking around world showcase, stopping for every "oooooo....shiny" :), watching the performers in each country, and just taking things easy are some of our favorites. the vast majority of our fun is unplanned :)

btw, we bought one another a charm for our pandora bracelets (italy) - it's a daily reminder of the wonderful times we have together in WDW.

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, fishing, RPDE, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour

On her 18th birthday, I scheduled a dinner at Spirit of Aloha at the Polynesian with our family. She really enjoyed it.

Love all the ideas.

We are keeping cost down though we are on dining plan so we will have 4 to 6 sit down dinners.
Here is some of the ones we will go to
Ohaunas (maybe twice here)
T Rex
Be our Guest
Aker..at Epcot. (Do not remember name)
Prime Time 50's

Going to Magic Kingdom for New Years. Should I take NYE Hats with or do they hand any out?

We are not big drinkers, in fact my 22 year old might have her first drink at Disney. Not sure where to have that special drink, Maybe Ohaunas or a
Grand Marenier Slush at Epcot.

We are O. U. Football fans. It would be cool if they had a bowl game at the time such that we could watch it at ESPN club, I have never been to ESPN. Would we need reservations?

Hopefully it will be warm enough to use the pool. Maybe a trip to Typhoon Lagoon.

What hotels are must sees for Christmas decorations?

Would an 8 pm reservation conflict with anything at Magic Kingdom on NYE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter