• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need restaurant suggestions for couple in their 20s

PartofYourWorld15

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if there are any restaurants that would be nice for a couple in their 20s to enjoy a nice lunch or dinner together. My boyfriend and I are traveling with his family and looking for a nice restaurant to have some time to ourselves. Keep in mind we are paying OOP so moderately priced would be the best.

Thanks! :earsgirl::earsboy:

It doesn't matter where, just looking for some suggestions. Its at the end of June so BOG and CRT are out of the question and too expensive anyway.

Many will likely not have available reservations unless you can snag something last minute.

If you are looking for something other than buffet or family style, the price goes up quickly.
I know you said moderate price, but I always thought Jiko was a great meal with a great atmosphere.
It also seems to be a bit less pricey from some other signatures such as Yachtsman Steakhouse. Of course, much of the price will depend if you drink wine or booze with dinner...
Buffets or family style is a whole nother matter....

MG

In park, and reasonable price, I would perhaps look at Rose & Crowne.
It's not "romantic" per se, but the food is better than some of the other more romantic ones (San Angle Inn comes to mind).

MG

Raglan road looks pretty cool, we are going there. Also house of blues, be our guest, the boat house, and possibly yak place in animal kingdom

our granddaughter and her husband ..two years anniversary...well they went with us three years ago and then they went on their honeymoon and then first year ann...and then Christmas...they loved going to Ohana, Shulas, Le Cellier, California Grill, Ragland Road, so many good places and they had some amazing cocktails, and scotch...they are happy Disers

Raglan road looks pretty cool, we are going there. Also house of blues, be our guest, the boat house, and possibly yak place in animal kingdom
I also like the HoB and Raglan ideas!!
Only slight issue is DS can be a bit of a pita.... That said, you can make a night of it with drinks at the Hangar Bar (or others..)

MG

our granddaughter and her husband ..two years anniversary...well they went with us three years ago and then they went on their honeymoon and then first year ann...and then Christmas...they loved going to Ohana, Shulas, Le Cellier, California Grill, Ragland Road, so many good places and they had some amazing cocktails, and scotch...they are happy Disers
Indeed!!! But, Shula's is hardly moderate priced. It may be the second most expensive place on property.
'Ohana would be great, but they would need to hit it lucky for an ADR.

MG

In EPCOT, we've enjoyed Chefs de France and Spice Road Table recently - especially sitting outside by the water at Spice Road when the weather is nice! We share a couple of the tapas items and have sangria and it's nice and laid back.

Brown Derby for lunch is also great, as well as sitting outside at the lounge where again, most of the items are shareable.

Personally, I feel like you get more bang for your buck out of lounges or at lunch.

You could also try to new Nomad Lounge at Animal Kingdom as well!

My husband(23) and I(24) loved chefs de France. I had decided I wanted to try it and my husband did not want to go to it at all. It ended up being one of his favorite meals! The tables are a little crammed in there though.

We also really enjoyed Garden Grill. Great food. The characters were fun. It's not romantic but it was a lot of fun :cool1:

Rose and crown is good too. We were able to snag reservations that were late enough to see the fireworks and we got lucky and were able to sit on the patio, right next to the water. Great view. It was amazing!!

It gets mixed reviews but we love coral reef. We've always enjoyed the food. Our waiters have been fantastic. They made it special for us on our anniversary.
And the aquarium view is awesome!

We had free dining, so I didn't pay too much attention to the price. But you can always look up the menus :thumbsup2

My husband and I are 23. We love eating at the Kona Cafe in The Polynesian and really enjoyed Raglan Road on our last trip. Both of those are moderately priced and we pay OOP (no dining plan ever). Also enjoyed our meal/atmosphere at San Angel Inn in Epcot (amazing margaritas too!).

I concur with the Sanaa suggestion. First its probably the best non-signature restaurant only property, but its also quite and feels light years away from the insanity of the parks. Couple that with amazing animal views and great service and thats what my 40 something self would tell my 20 year old self

From a fellow 20 something couple...

Sanaa - sit near the window and watch the animals
Wolfgang Puck Express
Via Napoli - try to snag a table outside
Columbia Harbor House - upstairs
California Grill - for a fancy dinner
Artist Point - ditto

keep trying for the restaurants you want...we were able to get Ohana and Raglan Road two weeks before our trip...just keep on ... I just posted what the grandkids loved...and that snuck in...

As a recent 20 something (and traveler with 20 somethings), some of my favorites are:
  1. Paradiso 37 at DS... From burgers to fancier things, great sangria, outdoor (or with open windows) on the water, and live music at night...usually leave with a bill in the $25-$35 range. This is a must do every time I'm in town.
  2. Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar at DS...several great apps that we all shared (the tacos were life altering), patio on the water, $30ish range
  3. The Patio at HOB at DS...live music on the patio, limited menu outside but you are allowed and encouraged to get carry out at HOB and bring out to the patio, outside bar. Great atmosphere and is typically the destination at least 2-6 times over the course of a trip. Without drinks, $20...
  4. Trader Sam's at Polynesian...so fun! Signature drinks are pricy and a limited menu, but great atmosphere and almost like a dinner show.
  5. Big River Grille & Brewing Works at Boardwalk...great food (love the salmon & meatloaf), many beers brewed on site, large portions, sit outside & peoplewatch on the boardwalk, $25ish.
  6. Earl of Sandwhich at DS...delicious & very cost effective, but nothing fancy.
We love to be outside & look for entertainment and make a night of it! Hope this helps & have a great trip!

I was wondering if there are any restaurants that would be nice for a couple in their 20s to enjoy a nice lunch or dinner together. My boyfriend and I are traveling with his family and looking for a nice restaurant to have some time to ourselves. Keep in mind we are paying OOP so moderately priced would be the best.

Thanks! :earsgirl::earsboy:
I would vote for Le Chefs de France in Epcot. Great atmosphere, attentive service, and a prix fixe menu option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter