• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need to be stopped.

mistysue

DIS Veteran
UPDATE:Called and added a night at POP. I had to actually talk the CM through navigating their own website to find the room only discount. She tried to tell me if I didn't have a 3 digit code I can't get a discount... for the general public discount! Seriously? Who gets paid to train these people? I feel bad for people who don't know better.

Airtran switched our flight time (by 5 mins) so I jokingly said to DH "Hey, you know we can stay a day longer if you want the trip to be more relaxing." So of course he comes back with "Whatever makes you happy" :lovestruc

So I had to do it. We have a package with Deluxe dining, so we had talked before about having our last night be room only so that we just had a half day to go with no meal plan- we would just stack up on pastries with snack credits the day before and we will have our mugs.

Now that I have convinced myself to calm down because we will be fine in a value (I always try to upgrade everything to "save" more) of course I keep looking at ALL of our room only options.

Please just tell me I will be happier staying where we are.
Yes, this might be my only chance to stay club level for 40% off, but staying put I can stay at POP for $64... not worry about transferring, possibly keep the same room. This will be great, right?

We have never stayed at Pop, but I think you will be fine. I am going through the same thing myself. When we originally had booked our reservations, we had a CR MK Tower View room booked (room only) and then when FD came out, we thought maybe we would save some money and downgrade to a moderate with FD and then upgrade to DxDDP. So we are now staying at POR which we really love, but ever since we down graded, I have been trying to keep myself from looking into other resorts. I have finally realized that it will be better to keep it the way it is and just be happy, since of course we are going to Disney and that is all that matters. Good luck and have a great trip :goodvibes

Misty - i have a question not really about your original question - BUT you said that Airtran changed your flight time by 5 min and you said that now you can stay another day?? Do you mean if they change the flight time you can cancel or change your flight info?? Just wondering because Airtran changed our flight time by like 15 min or something but I have been looking for an excuse to change or cancel my flight with them Ive found other airfare cheaper. Your post just made me wonder?

Stayed at POP in 2006 and was very happy! Food was good at the CS theme was real cute all over the resort. To me the most important thing is getting to stay at WDW! Most of our trips we stay value, one yr we stayed moderate (POR) and for our honeymoon we stayed at a home away from home ( Saratoga) I always say that we never stay in the room much anyway we are at the park or at the pool or eatting!

Now this trip will be different b/c DH and I are wanting this one to be extra special for our anniversary so we upgraded to Poly. Next fall we plan on taking step son for a short 3 day trip and we will stay value.. I think you'll be fine!

We love staying at the pop. We stayed at a moderate our first year (POR), and it was really nice. But from then on we've stayed at value resorts. We just feel more comfortable there, and you cant beat the price!

You should definitely just stay at the pop! You dont want to have to deal with all that transfering stuff!

It is true that you have to have the code for the discount. They have so many different discount codes. They won't offer the discount, they offer rack rate so you have to ask for it and give them the code.

It is my understanding that the airlines can change the flight time and there's not much you can do. I think it's in the read between the lines language when you buy them.

As far as staying at Pop, we've never stayed, but my parents did last December. They liked it, but said they probably wouldn't go back. They didn't care for the smaller rooms, longer bus lines and the busier resorts. To each is their own. We won't stay Value anymore because of bad experiences at the All-Star Sports resort in back to back years. But that is our own personal experience. I know some people swear by Pop over anything else. My piece of advice is try it out once. That's what we always say. Try it once and see what you think. Then go from there...

We stayed at pop last year and we booked again for this year. But in the end went with moderate again. I do pefer pop over the all star movies. But I know some will say the rooms aren't much diffrent but I would have to disagree. We go for 10 days and the room is just to small for our family of 4. My girls are young 4 and 2 and the double beds are fine.

If I had to choose to stay at home or stay at pop. I would be there in a minute at pop. So no worrys. We tried pop once and maybe back but if I can swing the extra I pefer the mods.

Misty - i have a question not really about your original question - BUT you said that Airtran changed your flight time by 5 min and you said that now you can stay another day?? Do you mean if they change the flight time you can cancel or change your flight info?? Just wondering because Airtran changed our flight time by like 15 min or something but I have been looking for an excuse to change or cancel my flight with them Ive found other airfare cheaper. Your post just made me wonder?

Call them. There are two big things Airtran has started doing- refunds if your flight price goes down and if they change your time you can reschedule free of charge. I think you can cancel but I'm not positive.

They have been changing our flight time a couple times a month and every time I get an email asking me to confirm. If you haven't confirmed it then you can change it.

I booked our flight in January and when I looked about 6 weeks ago the rate had gone down- I now have a $128 credit good through 1 year of my original booking date.

Last year we decided to take advantage of the 4/3 deal with a $200 gift card. We chose POP in order to make it the least expensive trip possible.

We really enjoyed our week and just knowing what a great deal we got made us feel even better.

Stay at POP and feel good about your discount!:thumbsup2

We're staying at the Poly this year because it is our 20th anniversary, but I doubt we'll stay deluxe next time. Even with the 40% off, it's still very pricey!!!!

Kerri

Call them. There are two big things Airtran has started doing- refunds if your flight price goes down and if they change your time you can reschedule free of charge. I think you can cancel but I'm not positive.

They have been changing our flight time a couple times a month and every time I get an email asking me to confirm. If you haven't confirmed it then you can change it.

I booked our flight in January and when I looked about 6 weeks ago the rate had gone down- I now have a $128 credit good through 1 year of my original booking date.

Thanks SOOO much for the tip!! I called and was credited $328.00, the difference . They dont actually refund, but i have a credit with them for a year! Thanks soo much for the tip, appreciate it!

We just stayed at Pop and loved it! I was nervous before we arrived, but I should not have it was a great stay.

We stayed at Poly in March and CBR in 2009 and CR/MK view in 2007. The deluxe resorts are nice, but I (and the kids) loved Pop! DH hated CBR, saying it felt like the most expensive Holiday Inn he ever stayed in.

We had a great experience with the buses (in late June no less) and it was nice not to have the extra 20 minutes or riding around the resort. We had a refurbished room that faced the trees and it was super quiet and comfortable.

We liked it so much we booked again for December.

Relax and enjoy:goodvibes

We just stayed at Pop and loved it! I was nervous before we arrived, but I should not have it was a great stay.

We stayed at Poly in March and CBR in 2009 and CR/MK view in 2007. The deluxe resorts are nice, but I (and the kids) loved Pop! DH hated CBR, saying it felt like the most expensive Holiday Inn he ever stayed in.

We had a great experience with the buses (in late June no less) and it was nice not to have the extra 20 minutes or riding around the resort. We had a refurbished room that faced the trees and it was super quiet and comfortable.

We liked it so much we booked again for December.

Relax and enjoy:goodvibes

Post like this get me to thinking maybe I was better off keeping my POP reservation. You can't go wrong with pop either. It does have great bus service and the atmosphere is fun. I just wished the rooms were a little bigger. Our upgrade cost me 750.00 more so I'm hoping I'm not disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter