I need your help!

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
I need your help in an exam question! I have been asked to poll people and get an option from some of them. If you could type out one, two or even three sentences about your beliefs surrounding hypnotism, it would be much appreciated! Things like, people never remember what happened in a trance or a swinging pendulum is used, that kind of thing. Maybe you remember the hypnosis portrayal in the Jungle Book?

ANYTHING would be much appreciated.

I believe it works, for those that believe it works. I used to have some hypnotism cassette tapes for weight loss. I wanted it to work, but I don't think I believed it would. It didn't.

I believe that it can work for some people, but not necessarily for everyone. If a person has a strong will and/or doubts about the process, I believe that can interfere with the hypnotic process. I know people who used it as an aid to quit smoking, but they also used other methods such as patches, gum, or medicine in addition to the hypnosis so it’s difficult to know whether the hypnosis would have been as effective on its own. I see no harm in trying it if a person has a behavior they would like to modify.

I have seen 3 of my closest friends under hypnosis at different comedy shows and absolutely know they were truly hypnotized. I don’t think someone could hypnotize me-I’m a control freak! I think you have to be open to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter