I Need Your...

Emme

DIS Veteran
I need your best tips on what to bring and eat in the hotel room. We are staying at the Swan so no fridge or micro. We do have a collapsable(sp?) cooler though. Be creative and help feed my family:D

Thanks! Emmy

granola bars
poptars
Nutrigrain bars
dried fruit
fruit roll ups
small boxes of cereal (get milk from hotel)
juice boxes
graham crackers
peanut butter

I agree with disneyag's ideas. We also brought an electric tea kettle(under $15 at WalMart) and packages of instant oatmeal. We took all of our food in one suitcase and then at the end of the trip we had an empty case for our souvenirs!!!:D

Our room always looks like a mini-market when we first check-in.

Breakfast--cereal (a box for each child of their favorite and one for me)
Danish and sweet rolls (DH is NOT a cereal eater)
Pop-Tarts
Frozen waffles (which keep well in a cooler, even if they are no longer frozen--as long as they stay dry)
Instant Oatmeal (I use the coffee maker to heat the water)
(I bought a toaster at Wal-Mart for 5.00 to use only for WDW)

Lunch-------Assorted lunch meats
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Peanut butter

Milk
Juice
Cokes

We buy two of the cheap styrofoam coolers to use.

And of course, in the closet, we have te bread, chips, cookies, granola bars, cheese crackers, Little Debbie Snacks,etc.

We take snack foods in our fannie packs to the park. Normally, we eat only one meal a day in the parks--either lunch or dinner and have the other in the room. We never eat breakfast out, because the kids are not big breakfast eaters, so, I quit doing it. They want cereal and more cereal...period.

We spend very little on food in the parks.

My list is Poohlovr's - but add yogurt sticks (like Gogurts) and cheese sticks! I find the protiens stick with my kids in the morning a little better than all carbs! I also have Walmart hot pot, a boil 1/2 dozen eggs in it when we settle in. They keep well in the cooler, and my kids love them too! All easily portable to munch on the way to the bus stops.
Also, I try to grab some carrot sticks and cukes for snacking in the room. We usually take midday breaks, and save a bundle lunching in the room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter