I now know why it's "Disney's Best Kept Secret".

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Because the Cast Members don't know anything about it!!

Seriously, we just returned from another outstanding trip to Disneyland, and we wanted to poke our noses in the DVC sales/preview center while visiting.

While walking through the Grand Californian we stopped and chatted with the DVC rep at the little desk. She was certainly knowledgeable, and directed us to the preview center located at the Disneyland Hotel. We got to the DLH, and had no idea where to go. We asked the CM at Guest Services, and she had only a vague idea what DVC was. She also had no idea there was a giant sales building with showroom located in their parking lot.
She then directed us to the little desk at the GC, and I said they just directed my here. She made a phone call, then told me where the center was.

In addition, while wearing my Vero Beach DVC shirt in the parks, I was asked about DVC by a few Cast Members. While I don't expect them to be DISboard experts, I did expect them to know a little more than they did.
I guess the fact that the heard of DVC was a plus!

In addition, we tried to use our DVC discount at a couple of places, and the CMs looked at us like we had two heads. Granted, not all were CMs. Some were non Disney employees working the Downtown restaurants. Regardless, they still should be made aware of the DVC discounts.

I certainly don't expect California CMs to have equal DVC knowledge of their Florida counterparts, but I found it mind boggling overall. Especially the guest services CM. :confused:

Please don't get me wrong, I honestly think Disney CMs are the best, whether it be WDW or DL. I just think we found a weak area...

MG

We have had a similar experience concerning the CM's knowledge of the DVC.
But to be fair, there is no DVC resort at DLR yet. Still, I would think they would have a list of accepted discounts.
On a similar note, we have had several CM's at WDW ask us what Disneyland was when they saw our Disneyland ballcaps. They had no idea it existed.

... On a similar note, we have had several CM's at WDW ask us what Disneyland was when they saw our Disneyland ballcaps. They had no idea it existed.

Wow!

I'm glad you had an outstanding trip MG!

Bobbi:)

Regardless, they still should be made aware of the DVC discounts.
No kidding! I've learned to always carry a PortablePerks when attempting to use a discount at DL-and-related. Even then, it will be misunderstood by the initial employee and you'll have to deal with the manager to have the discount applied.

On a similar note, we have had several CM's at WDW ask us what Disneyland was when they saw our Disneyland ballcaps. They had no idea it existed.

:scared1: :faint: ARE YOU KIDDING????? I am absolutely flabbergasted by this!! I cannot believe a Disney CM would have no knowledge of Walt's original park. Do they live in a bubble?

:offtopic:

For my first trip " Home " last year I bought the DDE card. On the second day where a couple of places I thought would take it said they didn't , I carried a list in my pda of what took what and now I just give them the card ( either AP , DDE , or DVC member cards ) and say I get xx% off the bill thank you . So far hasn't been a problem.

Our first nights dinner was at Whispering Canyon . Told waitress had DDE , nope don't take it. Ok WE have DVC card nope , how about AP ? sorry ! :confused:

It's managements fault, people only know what they are required for there job. Disney is a big place, lots to know. I have asked for directions from CMs and was given bad info for what I was asking for and turned out area I was looking for was 50 feet away from where I asked for directions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter