I Remember….

farmergirl

DIS Veteran
This is a different kind of post than what we have been seeing. Before I begin make no mistake , in general the things that have been reported that we all read or heard about , they are not okay or acceptable in any way. We all agree on that.

I am a long time listener since 2003, joining the Dis Boards a little later. We did the ol Podcast Cruise 2.0. Met some team memeber over the years as well as other listeners. These podcasts and boards have gotten me through some tough times when I needed a laugh.

I remember back in the day it was just audio. It was Bob , Pete , John , Kevin , Corey , and Miss Julie , and the good ol Prize-matron, lol. The laughs , the fun . I looked forward too it every week. The new members came and everyone has added a special element to the show.

When you belong to the something for so long and listen to the same people for 20 years, met some , talked with others . It really does start to feel like a little side “Dis Family. “. These people share and continue to share their lives with us. I remember Corey and Julie announcing when Ferris was born, now he’s all grown up. I also remember hearing of Bob’s passing. Is was so heartbreaking. I remember thinking how can I be so sad over the passing of someone I never met.? It’s because these folks have all been there for me when I was having a bad day I would get in my truck turn on some Dis because I knew in no time my tears would turn to laughter.

When something like this takes place, it’s sad. I was not there , I do not know what happened, what did not happen, but this is not what this post is about. I feel for every member of that team past and present to be going through this in general. It’s like watching a family fall apart.
It’s so sad to see all the hatred. People bashing everyone. I don’t know what went on with Pete or what did not or what he does or doesn’t have going on in his life. Folks can rant at this next part and say what they like but heads up …I give zero cares what folks think of my thoughts because , they are just that, mine. With all that’s going on I truly hope Pete is doing okay as well. Just as I do EVERY other team member that has ever sat in those chairs and all others that have been affected. It’s a sad situation for everyone . Period.

Maybe it’s because I been here for so long but you you don’t wish bad towards no one. Some listeners haven’t been around for very long and almost seem obsessed with stirring the fire and being so hateful, or laughing about it sending Memes . Like what???? These are peoples lives. Nothing about it is funny in my opinion. The name calling and such???? The world has sure changed. Never would you have heard folks be so cold 40 years ago. It’s sad. Which I mean do as u wish but to consume yourself with so much hate for something u are only reading about or listening about seems so odd. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Jeepers , the hate ! I would think if one is so upset and disgusted they would just remove themselves and move on.

One thing that took me by surprise is so many being upset at John’s statement. That man could have said anything at all and some people would have still just been waiting to jump down his throat because he didn’t word things a certain way, or what they wanted. He said what he felt. Period. Some folks are so sensitive these days, my goodness.

People are going to say and do as they wish but I personally just hope the team and the Dis continue on to be successful. I know I have spoke a lot about the original team because I miss seeing them , but make no mistake the team that is here now is just as wonderful. So talented and fun. I always wonder when Craig gets the time to sleep. What a wonderful job they all do to bring us happiness and laughter in their own way each week. Walt always had faith in things forever changing. So I for one will support and embrace all and anything that is about to change. With that being said, I just wanted to say, I will never forget and always remember, all that my DIS Family has done for me when I was knocked down. Thank you for all the laughter over the years, even if it was only for an hour a week. Y’all made me feel like things were going to be okay. That’s what I remember. Wishing each and everyone of you the best.

Last edited:

Thank you kindly. I actually remember your profile name from back in the podcast 2.0 days. If I am correct we actually met and spoke briefly at the meet up at the Boardwalk prior to the cruise. Such a long time ago, but if so nice to still see a familiar name.

Thank you @farmergirl Your statement closely mirrors what I would have said.
Thank you kindly. I actually remember your profile name from back in the podcast 2.0 days. If I am correct we actually met and spoke briefly at the meet up at the Boardwalk prior to the cruise. Such a long time ago, but if so nice to still see a familiar name.

Well said.

And I won a Prizematron prize years ago. Anyone else? I won a 3 day stay at the Swan.
Thank you , Oh that’s awesome. !!!! I didn’t win the Prizematron . However Bob answered a golf question I had and offered to take us golfing next time we were in Florida for a round of golf . Unfortunately Bob passed away before we ever made it down. It would have been a lovely time I’m sure.

Thank you , Oh that’s awesome. !!!! I didn’t win the Prizematron . However Bob answered a golf question I had and offered to take us golfing next time we were in Florida for a round of golf . Unfortunately Bob passed away before we ever made it down. It would have been a lovely time I’m sure.
Aww. That's too bad.

The Prizematron story is kind of funny. We usually drive to Disney from NJ. I would save up a few episodes of the podcast to listen to on the road. We were on our way home from Disney when we heard the episode where they read my email (or whatever it was) and did the Prizematron for me. When we got home, I emailed Julie and asked how long I had to use the prize since we had just come back. She said it was no problem to wait so when we went a year later, I redeemed my prize and we spent 3 days of our trip at the Swan courtesy of the DIS.

I've been mentioned on the show a couple of other times and appeared on the show 2 or 3 times when they did recordings at the local DIS meets but that was the only time I won anything.

Aww. That's too bad.

The Prizematron story is kind of funny. We usually drive to Disney from NJ. I would save up a few episodes of the podcast to listen to on the road. We were on our way home from Disney when we heard the episode where they read my email (or whatever it was) and did the Prizematron for me. When we got home, I emailed Julie and asked how long I had to use the prize since we had just come back. She said it was no problem to wait so when we went a year later, I redeemed my prize and we spent 3 days of our trip at the Swan courtesy of the DIS.

I've been mentioned on the show a couple of other times and appeared on the show 2 or 3 times when they did recordings at the local DIS meets but that was the only time I won anything.
Cool story !!! 😊. I’ve never stayed at the Swan before. Just about did last trip but still never checked that one off the list. I do like the location.

This is a different kind of post than what we have been seeing. Before I begin make no mistake , in general the things that have been reported that we all read or heard about , they are not okay or acceptable in any way. We all agree on that.

I am a long time listener since 2003, joining the Dis Boards a little later. We did the ol Podcast Cruise 2.0. Met some team memeber over the years as well as other listeners. These podcasts and boards have gotten me through some tough times when I needed a laugh.

I remember back in the day it was just audio. It was Bob , Pete , John , Kevin , Corey , and Miss Julie , and the good ol Prize-matron, lol. The laughs , the fun . I looked forward too it every week. The new members came and everyone has added a special element to the show.

When you belong to the something for so long and listen to the same people for 20 years, met some , talked with others . It really does start to feel like a little side “Dis Family. “. These people share and continue to share their lives with us. I remember Corey and Julie announcing when Ferris was born, now he’s all grown up. I also remember hearing of Bob’s passing. Is was so heartbreaking. I remember thinking how can I be so sad over the passing of someone I never met.? It’s because these folks have all been there for me when I was having a bad day I would get in my truck turn on some Dis because I knew in no time my tears would turn to laughter.

When something like this takes place, it’s sad. I was not there , I do not know what happened, what did not happen, but this is not what this post is about. I feel for every member of that team past and present to be going through this in general. It’s like watching a family fall apart.
It’s so sad to see all the hatred. People bashing everyone. I don’t know what went on with Pete or what did not or what he does or doesn’t have going on in his life. Folks can rant at this next part and say what they like but heads up …I give zero cares what folks think of my thoughts because , they are just that, mine. With all that’s going on I truly hope Pete is doing okay as well. Just as I do EVERY other team member that has ever sat in those chairs and all others that have been affected. It’s a sad situation for everyone . Period.

Maybe it’s because I been here for so long but you you don’t wish bad towards no one. Some listeners haven’t been around for very long and almost seem obsessed with stirring the fire and being so hateful, or laughing about it sending Memes . Like what???? These are peoples lives. Nothing about it is funny in my opinion. The name calling and such???? The world has sure changed. Never would you have heard folks be so cold 40 years ago. It’s sad. Which I mean do as u wish but to consume yourself with so much hate for something u are only reading about or listening about seems so odd. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Jeepers , the hate ! I would think if one is so upset and disgusted they would just remove themselves and move on.

One thing that took me by surprise is so many being upset at John’s statement. That man could have said anything at all and some people would have still just been waiting to jump down his throat because he didn’t word things a certain way, or what they wanted. He said what he felt. Period. Some folks are so sensitive these days, my goodness.

People are going to say and do as they wish but I personally just hope the team and the Dis continue on to be successful. I know I have spoke a lot about the original team because I miss seeing them , but make no mistake the team that is here now is just as wonderful. So talented and fun. I always wonder when Craig gets the time to sleep. What a wonderful job they all do to bring us happiness and laughter in their own way each week. Walt always had faith in things forever changing. So I for one will support and embrace all and anything that is about to change. With that being said, I just wanted to say, I will never forget and always remember, all that my DIS Family has done for me when I was knocked down. Thank you for all the laughter over the years, even if it was only for an hour a week. Y’all made me feel like things were going to be okay. That’s what I remember. Wishing each and everyone of you the best

Our stories are very similar- my first D World trip was 1998 and I found the Dis shortly thereafter. My first event was the Disneyland behind the scenes trip and I later did the Harry Potter.

We share the same memories. I remember everything you noted, including when it was announced that Julie and Corey were expecting.

Our stories are very similar- my first D World trip was 1998 and I found the Dis shortly thereafter. My first event was the Disneyland behind the scenes trip and I later did the Harry Potter.

We share the same memories. I remember everything you noted, including when it was announced that Julie and Corey were expecting
Another long time listener, that’s awesome. Oh I would love to do the Disneyland behind the scenes that would be super cool!!!! Thank u for sharing.

People are going to say and do as they wish but I personally just hope the team and the Dis continue on to be successful. I know I have spoke a lot about the original team because I miss seeing them , but make no mistake the team that is here now is just as wonderful. So talented and fun. I always wonder when Craig gets the time to sleep. What a wonderful job they all do to bring us happiness and laughter in their own way each week. Walt always had faith in things forever changing. So I for one will support and embrace all and anything that is about to change. With that being said, I just wanted to say, I will never forget and always remember, all that my DIS Family has done for me when I was knocked down. Thank you for all the laughter over the years, even if it was only for an hour a week. Y’all made me feel like things were going to be okay. That’s what I remember. Wishing each and everyone of you the best.
I agree with most of what you posted. Especially the mention of all the hate and vitriol that some on here are posting. It's easy on the internet to use a false name and say things you wouldn't dream of saying face to face. The use of laugh emoji's is childish and stupid. I could name 3 people who used that on my post about John's statement. I guess just posting brings out the hate and childishness of some people, and you know who you are. Everyone has an opinion and this is a discussion board. I am going to quit reading all these threads about Pete because they are repetitive and vitriolic. I know all I need to know. Reading these posts is a waste of time, IMO. (the hateful ones that is)

It gives me the ick to know the pain and suffering that was being hidden by the smiles on camera. It just feels wrong to me, to have a nostalgia for the times when things like SA was going on and PW was hiding his true self behind the flamboyant and over the top persona.

Im glad the world has changed and things can be spoken about. Im glad its not 40 years ago when SA was not allowed to be spoken about.

Dustin said he wants the conversations to continue.

We have multiple first hand accounts of Pete behaving appallingly to his staff. Heck, we even saw glimpses of it on camera. He created a false narrative that the DIS/DUT/Disboards was just one big happy family. It wasn't then and it isn't now. I'm sorry that your memories have been tainted but we have to face up to the reality that it was all a lie, created by a narcissist and an abuser. The only thing I wish for Pete is that he is now reflecting on his behaviour and making the necessary changes in his life to ensure it never happens again but I very much doubt it. This situation is entirely of his own making, he has hurt multiple people along the way, and he deserves to be facing jail time for his assaults on Dustin and Sean. And yes, people were just as cold 40 years ago as they are today, I think you need to take off those rose-tinted glasses. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but it doesn't do anyone any good to pretend otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter