I scored at BIG LOTS

phins_jazy

Christmas at the Fort
After reading the posts about the cheap ponchos at Big Lots I figured I needed to go check them out. I've never set foot in the store before so I was a bit skeptical. WOW, was I wrong!!! They've got TONS of stuff!!! And cheap too. I found waterproof containers that hang around your neck for your keys and money in the kids pool section for .99 a piece. I bought 5 of them. 3 pink and 2 green. I let my daughter try hers out today and she loves it. I also got the ponchos but not the 2 for .88 I got the ones for .79 a piece. I'm kinda a big gal (18/20)and I didn't know how well they'd fit. I got home and tried it on and it's huge even on me!! :earseek: Goes down past my knees and the sleeves go past my elbows. I was very pleased. I only got 2 of those but I think I may have to go back and get some more. I'm a firm believer in Big Lots now. I may have to go back every week!!! :jester: :D ;)

I couldnt find the ponchos at Big Lot. Where abouts in the store are they located.

I found the ponchos in two different spots. Over in the camping area like madison said as well as over by the clothing and umbrellas. There were blue ones, orange, yellow and clear. They also had child size ones with Taz on the back.

Cooooool!

There's a large Big Lots in my parent's town and I'll be there this weekend. I'll be sure to check it out!

I found the 2/.88 ponchos in the auto section. There is 1 yellow and 1 clear in each package. They fit great in the fanny pack. I love Big Lots, too!!

I just went to Big Lots yesterday. They did not have the 2 packs of ponchos for .88, but I was able to find individual ones for .59 each. They are very compact and in a little zip lock bag. I have seen the same ones at WalMart for around $1.00 each. Also, I found some really cool mini-fans for $1.59 each. They are made by Squeeze Breeze, but are just little fans without the water bottle. (Small enough to easily tuck into a fanny pack.) The neat thing is that they have the soft foam blades that really kick out some air, unlike the ones with the floppy plastic blades. I had just bought some of the other types of fans a couple of days ago, but I think I will return them to the store since I like these other ones so much better. Also, I saw big Minnie Mouse water bottles in the plastics aisle. They also had Disney pens in the school supply aisle (Mickey, Goofy, and Donald). I think the 3 pack was around $1.00. I also saw some type of little book with Minnie on it in the school supply aisle. I think it was a diary or something. Very cute, but my 11 year old DS definitely has no appreciation for Minnie Mouse items. ;)

Where did you find such a deal on ponchos? I went to our Big Lots and spent $2.50 a piece. What did I do wrong?

Ali

I live in Maryland and our big lots had the ponchos near th camping stuff and they were 2.99 but they looked substantial. I bought mine at the dollar store. A 2 pack was $1 but they look pretty flimsy. I bought 5 packs and am planning to throw them away after they get wet.

Thanks. I'm going to have to look at the dollar store. The ones we got are rather large and I wouldn't mind having them if it was going to rain all day but would prefer something more compact if there was a chance of rain.

Ali

Just got back from Big Lots. I got 2 of those Kool-Aid Slushies that you can make yourself. I tried 1 that I purchased at the Dollar store but at Big lots you get 2 for a $1. LOL had a time of making the first one. It's said to freeze for 3-5 hours depending on whether you wanted to slurp it or spoon it. Well I put it in the freezer and forgot about it until after work the next day so I put it in the Frig. Forgot I did that until the next day so put it back in the Freezer. Finally got it right and it was delicious. Can't wait to have one in my Hotel room now:)

HEHEHEHE SugrPlum, that's too funny. :) I too saw the slushies there. I've never tried them before. Do they have an expiration date on them at all? We aren't going until March and I wonder if they'll be alright. I'll have to check em out!!

Just checked my package and I don't see either an issue date or an expiration date so I guess as is well:)

I went to the Big Lots in my parents' town and got the ponchos for $.79 apiece, one in blue for my son and one in yellow for me.

They also had some great brushes with Disney characters on them for $3.99.

some of the big lots also have the rubbermaid bottles that are like the brita ones as well ! for a 1.99! can't beat that!

I went back to Big Lots this afternoon and I picked up a couple packs of the slushies. Just took them outta the freezer a little bit ago and they're pretty good. DH likes them too and they have kool-aid points on the back. Can't beat a deal like that!! ;)

I had never been to Big Lots before, but I went after reading this post. I found the ponchos, but I was looking for the waterproof cases in the water toys section. I couldn't find them anywhere!!! I have been looking for those since last fall and still can't find any. On another topic, has anyone ever used the no name alkaline batteries they sell??? They were a great price, and I go through batteries like crazy here.

Erika

Here is what I found at Big Lots:

Ponchos - .79 for one (didnt see two-packs)

Official Disney character beanies: $3.99

Magic kingdom playsets: $11.99 (dumbos ride, peter pan)

Large Toy Story talking aliens: $9.99

If you are looking for toys to buy as souveniers - they have a lot!

Character Brushes: 3.99

Disney t-shirts with character stitching: $4.99

Tinkerbell baseball shirts: $5.99 (DD and I bought these - the girls X-large will fit a woman who wears a Medium)

Baby and Toddler outfits, mostly pooh and mickey, cute stuff! @ 4.99-7.99

Cant find the fans with the foam blades anywhere! :(

I was still browsing with DH gave me the "look" and the store announced it was closing in 5 mins...LOL
He thinks Im a disney-aholic and we havent even taken the trip yet!

~sheila

my big lots had "precious moments design" umbrella stroller with a basket at the bottom for $16.XX. I still have not decided whether to purchase that one or take my big stroller to disney. they also had lots of tshirts and shorts for big sizes for $2.99 and 1.99 from hanes my size collection that just came in.

I shop Big Lots too, When we came back from the World in 99, I had forgotten to get a dated ornament for the Christmas tree. While shopping in Big Lots I found a figurine ornament of Mickey hanging on a bulb with 1999 on it. I only paid 1.99 for a WDW keepsake! I also have gotten Disney gifts there cheap for Birthdays etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter