I should be cleaning, but instead I am on Disboards!! Shhh... Dont tell my husband!

Grendalynn

Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran
:laundy:
OK, OK. So I should be cleaning, sweeping, mopping, doing the dishes, putting laundry away and all that happy BS, but instead I am here listening to Mouseworld Radio and secretly checking out the Dis!! When I hear the chain saw stop and think I hear him coming, i quickly minimize the screen, spray a little 409 around and look busy. pixiedust: Who else does this? DH & the boys are all out cutting wood, so the computer is mine - and I have a little time to do what I would rather be doing.... planning out next Disney trip!

We are 50 days away from our next visit - which is also Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon Weekend! Fast passes are mostly scheduled, ADR's are booked. I keep checking back hoping for a Be Our Guest and Sci-Fi spot to open up. How good are these places to walk int to for a table? We will be doing a split stay at Caribbean beach for two nights during the race weekend, then on to Yacht Club for 6 nights...

:fish:DS16 and I will also be running in the Jingle Jungle 5K and me, myself anf I in the W&D 1/2. Do people typically got to parks before a big race or relax by the pool?

Lastly, does anyone out there have any Disney Holiday suggestions that we must do? Obviously Osbourne Family Lights is a must! :santa:

Gotta go - chainsaws have stopped!! TIA!

You go girl.
There is nothing I love better than distracting myself with Disney. :)))))
Sometimes I even get 'busted' and have to do the shut the laptop quick move!! hahahahaaa

As far as xmas Disney stuff, definitely Downtown Disney and the Christmas Party at MK - we love it!

DH and I are in Disney overload! We are planning our trip, watching youtube videos, and checking out the boards. DS is even talking Disney with his customers and brings home all kinds of stories and new info! I love this phase of the trip - the anticipation! The planning and getting everyone excited is the best part. Worst part is the dis-drawls after, but we wont talk about that right now... We "practice" our Disney manners at least one dinner per week by sitting at the table, all together, with no sports practices, activities or late night game/match (anyone with kids in sports and after school activities in HS or MS can appreciate this). I hope for more, but I am happy to get one until fall sports are over!

PS I miss DisRadio!

Pretty much here... though I don't have anyone to hide it from! LMAO. I should be doing laundry or cleaning the freezer or a number of other things, but I'm tired and want to sit and rest. No trip to plan (*cries*) but I still love being on the boards here. Oh well, the other stuff will have to wait until my next day off as I am simply TOO exhausted to do much more. I mean, I AM working on my meal plan for the next month and getting prepped to do a HUGE cooking day to stick the freezer so something is being done! I swear! LMAO

I should be packing up the apartment yet here I am on disboards. We have to be out by the end of the month. We have 35 days before our vacation.

Same here! SO much to do but instead I am planning for our Dec trip and thinking ahead to hopefully my first Disney race soon...

So funny! I stumbled across this post from a few years back - and to my amazment - I am doing the exact same thing! Avoiding rug washing, a couple painting projects and other chores to be on The Dis! I am planning my first Girls Weekend ever... And guess where it happens to be - yup WDW for the Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend!! Ahhh! so exciting but I wont lie - I have a bit of Mommy Guilt going on. I am hoping it will pass.... ???

I'm the other way around I have 3 weeks to go and feel totally overwhelmed with stuff to do that I'm not spending as much time on here as I usually would before a trip. I need to do a major clean up around my home, do orders for my home business, and get ready for this trip.

"Great" trips don't get planned by themselves!

Forget hiding how much time is devoted to researching things.

Let the family know exactly how hard you work to make their trips flow so effortlessly which includes keeping abreast of all the developments, not to mention FPs, ADRs, etc:teacher:

Who knows, they might thank you for your expertise ;)or their eyes will glaze over at hearing all the details lol

As long as RL is humming along, have fun!

I totally hear you! The Disboards are my guilty pleasure at work when my stuff is done or if I'm between things, playing the waiting game for stuff to come in (I'm an editor & spend a lot of time waiting on copy from reporters). When we're planning a trip, the boards help feed that excitement, and when we're not planning a trip, I can live through others. It's a win-win for me. :-)

I thought I had my DH fooled, but someone asked about our trip and he said "She's doing a ton of planning! She gets lots of good ideas and things from a Disney forum". :P

I thought I had my DH fooled, but someone asked about our trip and he said "She's doing a ton of planning! She gets lots of good ideas and things from a Disney forum". :P

My dh used to cringe too but then I saved money on a Disney trip and he was like cool! Then I got wind of Google flights last year and all the Alamo codes and he was in heaven!

Don't tell my wife! Since we moved to FL last month and bought annual passes I've been on this board pretty much every day even though I should be working! Working from home is great but WDW and this board are too much of a distraction especially as we're looking forward to our first trip back in 5 years!

Tell me about google flights... I am keeping my eye on the for the Princess races in February but they arent changing much. Still holding steady at $465 round trip, nonstop.

Hehe! I'll do the same thing. Hubs sometimes walks in and will ask what I'm doing. "Uh, work. I'm working." He just laughs and shakes his head because he knows exactly what I'm doing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter