• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I stand corrected via the Food at Magic Kingdom

limitdis

Mouseketeer
I stand corrected when I said the magic kingdom doesn't have good healthy food for a good price with a good theme. I thought only Animal Kingdom (Santuli Canteen), Disney Hollywood Studios (Docking Bay 7) and Epcot (all food kiosks) had good healthy food for a good price with good theming. But it turns out Magic Kingdom does as well. At Harbor Columbia House, you can get non fried Salmon with rice and green beans for $15! Basically as good as a home cooked meal for your kids, plus the theming is outstanding! Upstairs is usually pretty empty and beautiful! If someone told me this was a nice restaurant at the boardwalk I'd believe it, from strictly the look of the upstairs. By the way, Docking Bay 7 chicken dish is definitely decreasing in quality. It's basically just a crappy chicken nugget. So, that one might need to come off the list, as the beef dish is like $6-7 more.

Skipper Canteen for a TS has pretty healthy fare unless someone must avoid high-sodium foods. Also, not good for anyone allergic to or not liking chile-spiced foods.

For the more adventurous diner, there are a number of intriguing entrees.

Skipper Canteen is a joy for someone like me who's gluten and dairy intolerant. Virtually every entree can be made okay for both.

Might not be a great choice for a family with kids unaccustomed to Asian or African foods, but there is a mac and cheese dish on the kids menu.

We would always eat at CHH but honestly the menu has declined a lot over the years especially when they started adding hush puppies to everything which taste like cardboard but that is me. They had a salad years ago I loved to get that has been gone for a long time. The grilled salmon however does look decent.

I don't eat fish, so CHH still only has garbage for me. 😄 The only option is chicken strips (with fries or on a salad).

True. Although I eat tuna. I scratched this one off my list for good when they got rid of the sandwiches.

Agreed! CHH is a fab quick service option and I have had the Grilled Salmon, which is perfectly prepared and not far off from a table service in quality. Definitely an excellent choice for quick service if in the Magic Kingdom.

All of the quick service locations in MK are garbage but Columbia Harbor House is the least garbage out of all of them. The second floor seating area is pretty nice as it's quieter and has nice views of Liberty Square.

All of the quick service locations in MK are garbage but Columbia Harbor House is the least garbage out of all of them. The second floor seating area is pretty nice as it's quieter and has nice views of Liberty Square.

I'd argue that, at this point, Cosmic Ray's is the one with the better healthy options. At least there is a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad with either grilled shrimp or chicken on it.

I'd argue that, at this point, Cosmic Ray's is the one with the better healthy options. At least there is a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad with either grilled shrimp or chicken on it.
The only problem with that is that I'd have to eat at Cosmic Ray's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter