..I think I got it covered?

We aren't close enough to take advantage, IMO. We are from MD and we drive. So, I don't think the extra $ would be worth it.
Assuming you go on two trips in a year. one now and one at the tail end it would totally be worth it. Even if you just do the one trip you would probably break even if you factor in annual pass hotel savings, etc.

And sometimes they have 15 months AP (3 months free)

I haven't been since I was a teenager over 20 years ago. So I know NOTHING about Universal. Nothing about the restaurants or shows. I know they have Harry Potter Land and its popular. So tip-wise, I'd say must do's, restaurant choices that are good, shows to see, etc... Can I take water bottles into the park? Things like this. HAHA. Any advice you want to offer is welcome :)
To clarify, there's a Harry Potter area in each park (as well as the shuttle between the parks being HP-themed). Hogsmeade is in one park with Hagrid's, Forbidden Journey, and Flight of the Hippogriff (basically a kid's ride but enjoyable and gives some nice views so if you can do it quickly it's worth it) plus Velocicoaster and Hulk. Gringotts and the dragon are in Diagon Alley in the other park.

make sure not to miss all the theming particularly on the Harry Potter rides. Might be worth walking through the line to see things but letting those in line know you're just looking and not cutting the line.

I think the details in Forbidden Journey are fantastic if you are a serious Harry Potter fan. For someone who doesn't know or care about the franchise that much, I'm not sure it makes sense to see more of the castle, (like the greenhouse), when they could spend thier time doing other things. If they don't have an emotional attachment to Hogwarts, I'm not sure how much they would get out of seeing more of the castle as opposed to having more time to explore other parts of the park. This is totally for the OP to think about and consider.

I think the details in Forbidden Journey are fantastic if you are a serious Harry Potter fan. For someone who doesn't know or care about the franchise that much, I'm not sure it makes sense to see more of the castle, (like the greenhouse), when they could spend thier time doing other things. If they don't have an emotional attachment to Hogwarts, I'm not sure how much they would get out of seeing more of the castle as opposed to having more time to explore other parts of the park. This is totally for the OP to think about and consider.
Disagree.

I had no idea what Harry Potter was and went through the whole queue on Forbidden Journey and that helped me become a fan of the series.

We will be watching the movies before we go :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter