I think I'm set for park days/ADRs. Thoughts?

LovePug

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at POP and have the regular DDP

Arrival day (driving in) is Sunday 12/16-May go to Epcot if not too tired (no ADR)
12/17 DHS with H&V for 3PM-hoping to make that a little later, but it will do if not. Looking forward to JBJB-which we've never seen.
12/18 back to Epcot EMH night. Coral Reef ADR is 4PM
12/19-AK with Rainforest ADR at 4PM
12/20-MK with BOG at 4:20
12/21-start the drive home...

It was a tough decision, but I chose to give up HEA fireworks on Wednesday with MK being an EMH night. The thought of the crowds (on a non-party night along with EMH) and the scooter, that my friend has to use, just kinda killed it for me. Hoping the reports are accurate that the early close party nights are less crowded=less stress. Plus, I will have time to pack and load the car with most luggage and the scooter after we leave MK that night.
The change in my original plan also pushed AK back a day, so maybe a better change of FOP FP.

Now just waiting for the 60 day mark for FPs...

Okay - strictly a personal opinion here - but I think you have better choices at AK than Rainforest Cafe for an ADR. Now - it depends on the food you like - but I personally prefer Tiffins, Tusker House, and even Yak & Yeti. I just find taking the time to get to the front of the park for American Food I can get anywhere at home is just not worth my time. Even the QS choices at AK are great.

Food is very subjective. I would not do Coral Reef or Rainforest Cafe, because the menus don't interest me and I think there are way better places in those parks.

Okay - strictly a personal opinion here - but I think you have better choices at AK than Rainforest Cafe for an ADR. Now - it depends on the food you like - but I personally prefer Tiffins, Tusker House, and even Yak & Yeti. I just find taking the time to get to the front of the park for American Food I can get anywhere at home is just not worth my time. Even the QS choices at AK are great.

I thought about Yak & Yeti because we did try them once and liked it. The other two people in my party are not adventurous eaters and we don't have a Rainforest anywhere near us at home. I will check the menus again and maybe we should make a different choice...

I would add on that I love Tusker House! We usually try to get a 10:30 reservation (it looks like yours all dinner though) because you usually get breakfast and the lunch food. I would say try it, because if the non adventurous eaters (I am not one either trust me) don't like the lunch food they will have had breakfast (which also stays in the center for a little bit when they switch over). I also would say Coral Reef isn't the most exciting choice in my opinion in Epcot. There are so many great options in World Showcase. We just ate at San Angel for the first time and loved it!

Agreed. Last trip Rainforest was our least favorite meal of the trip. Tusker was our favorite.

Probably not. That's something I struggle with, actually....
I think pitpat is right and you are losing money having the dining plan with those restaurant choices. BOG is two credit but costs $55 out of pocket. That’s $27.50 value from each of your credits unless you add an alcoholic beverage. I think it will be hard to get $48 worth of food from your two snacks and one quick service to equal the price per day. And rainforest cafe will be even cheaper than that. It may be worth dropping the ddp.

As far as rainforest, we did it last time and the kids loved it so to each their own. No one in our party was adventurous enough for the menus at the other animal kingdom restaurants. The atmosphere is pretty cool if you haven’t been.

I think pitpat is right and you are losing money having the dining plan with those restaurant choices. BOG is two credit but costs $55 out of pocket. That’s $27.50 value from each of your credits unless you add an alcoholic beverage. I think it will be hard to get $48 worth of food from your two snacks and one quick service to equal the price per day. And rainforest cafe will be even cheaper than that. It may be worth dropping the ddp.

As far as rainforest, we did it last time and the kids loved it so to each their own. No one in our party was adventurous enough for the menus at the other animal kingdom restaurants. The atmosphere is pretty cool if you haven’t been.

I'm seriously considering dropping it, but am wondering how the extra money I've paid on it will be credited. I have also asked this question on a dining post. I have already paid beyond the cost of the room. I'm not sure if the money would be refunded or credited to the room.

I agree. If nothing else, Flame Tree is good and is a CS choice.

OP- so far the non party nights at MK don't look too bad. We are going, and I am planning to just deal with the crowds in the event it is worse than it looks. The party days are great days to choose MK. Hit the park early and you will get to accomplish a lot before the party peole start arriving mid afternoon.

Epcot is awesome that time of year. I have Coral Reef booked the 17th I think for the Candlelight Processional I know the reviews are up and down, however we have never had a bad meal there, some were way better than others thought, LOL! Anyway the atmoshere is pretty darn sweet.

I am not sure your will gain a DP value from BOG. It is only $55 built the cost is 2 credits. Not a good use, IMO.

Thanks for all the input! I did decide to change the Rainforest ADR to Tusker House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter