• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I think my Disney World days are over... Sad to say

huskyla27

Earning My Ears
I'm just returning from a week long stay at Polynesian. 5 days at the parks. It has been 22 years since I went to Disney World. We Checked out a ton of restaurants. Went on all the rides and saw all the shows we had planned. Checked out everything we wanted to. After everything, the magic is gone for me. The parks seemed outdated. The food was way overpriced. The quality of everything and to lack what I remember. Something was missing. I still find Disneyland in Anaheim a great experience. I love checking out Tokyo Disneyland when I'm in town. Orlando just seemed flat. I can't put my finger on it but I really don't have a desire to do back.

Polynesian was worn, rooms were dated, staff didn't seem interested in being there. Cleanliness was questionable in our room, q tip left behind from another guest. Corners dirty. Activities seemed to be reduced. A bit blah.

Theme parks. So sad to see EPCOT in such disrepair. The changes to Journey into Imagination, The Living Seas and Spaceship Earth are terrible. Test Track was confusing and I didn't understand what we were doing.

There's really not much to do at Hollywood Studios.

I liked Animal Kingdom Kingdom, they did a great job with Pandora but Both rides rely to much on projection. Flight of Avatar was a yawn. How many simulator rides do we need?

Magic Kingdom was to much princess, princess, princess. Fantasyland was to large with not enough to do.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I just don't have a connection like I used to.

I'm bummed

To follow up. If Disney World is losing its magic its not because of anything Disney is doing, although there are some things that do need addressing. The thing that is lessening the magic is the attitude of a portion of the guests who treat going to Disney as nothing more than a constant photo or video op to post online to brag about. Dining is no longer about the enjoyment of eating, but, taking as many photos/videos as possible. I've seen people videoing themselves 'watching' a show or parade without the camera even pointed at the show or parade. I even had a woman on the backseat of ToT sat next to me, take a selfie! Problem was there was nothing to see except her own face.
I do wonder, when watching online videos of dining etc, do these people actually care about other guests and those guest's enjoyment without being videoed (in the background) while they try to eat their meals. It's easy to move table at a QS, but, what about at a TS restaurant? Do these vloggers ask permission from those around them to video them?
This wanting to get the 'money shot', the unusual photo or video to post online is what spoils Disney. Those are the people who barge through crowd, stand in front of you with phone held high or flash away willy nilly on a dark ride and then endlessly check their social media to see how many likes they have while walking through crowded areas, they are the ones who spoil the magic.
I don't belong to any social media sites and I think my life is better for it.
Not to mention the dirty beggars who do not know what a bin is for or entitled parents who think having a child gives them special privileges.
Rant over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter