I think my husband finally converted

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
We were sitting on the couch last night, discussing the many unfortunate events that are going on, worldwide and personally. He said, "I am sooo looking forward to Disney World." I looked at him very surprised and he told me that WDW is the one place we can go to escape the daily stresses and September seems so far away. He said the thought of going it what's will get him through the next few, difficult days. He said he can't imagine going anywhere else. And thanked me for being so obsessed, so he could learn to love it like I do.

This is a man who always said buying DVC was just for me. And, if he had his way, we'd be vacationing at a different place every year. Now he's a convert.

A WDW-fanatic!!!!

Yay!!! Now, do you have any tips, so that I can convince my DH??????? ;) I would LOVE for us to buy into DVC, and in another year or so it will probably be feasible. But I need AMMO.

"Resistance is futile"

Congrats on his conversion tc. :)
(Or should that be assimilation???)

Deb, what convinced my husband was many trips to WDW in very stressful times (i.e. 9/11) and finding that it's easy to escape there. And then having stressful personal times, he realized that the only place to "get away" was WDW. As for buying DVC, he bought himself a motorcycle and felt guilty, so when we refi'd our house, he took out enough to buy DVC. Figured it would appease me. Funny thing though, I totally supported the bike purchase (he would have never bought it if I disapproved), and I support the time he spends on it, with or w/o me.

TC, I agree, resistance was futile!

Thats great news! Its nice to share an interest in Disney.:)
My DH still rolls his eyes at me and says Im a Disney freak, however, I have figured him out...its really him who is the freak.
Once I had him call just to find out what the rates were for a particular week, with the DC discount. That was really all I wanted to know. Before he hung up the phone he was booking the trip. Thats when I realized, ITS HIM! :teeth:

In fact, my DH IS that kind of guy! He's been hooked ever since our honeymoon. I had been to WDW before, but he hadn't and he was like a little boy with his mouth hanging open at everything! It was so cool to watch him.

We've been DVC members ever since 1993 and absolutely LOVE IT!

Looking forward to our 3rd Disney Magic cruise in May.

VAL

It's so nice to not feel guilty anymore about insisting on vacationing at WDW every year. I knew he enjoyed it when we got there, but I always felt guilty for wanting to go there all the time. Now I know he looks forward to it. He'll never been as obsessed about planning as I am, but at least I know he doesn't resent going. It's nice to be guilt free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter