• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I think that was my last DCL Cruise

I called today to ask that very same question and I was told as of today, 11:59 a.m. it is open for sit-down dinner with a limited menu. I have asked around and most people say that it isn't open. I am unsure if it is or not. I, too, would really like to know that answer.
Interesting. It is amazing the different answers provided.
The employees don't know how or what you paid. I am sorry that you had a bad room attendant. That most definitely not the norm. In fact, I have never heard anyone else complain about their room attendant in all this time. And cabin location does not matter either.
We've had two 'not the norm' experiences with DCL in 5 cruises. We continue to show our feelings in the tip. Particularly our two out of the norm room steward experiences were on the older ships - Wonder and Magic. Generally, we have really enjoyed our cruise crews.

I called today to ask that very same question and I was told as of today, 11:59 a.m. it is open for sit-down dinner with a limited menu. I have asked around and most people say that it isn't open. I am unsure if it is or not. I, too, would really like to know that answer.
Cabanas will be open for dinner if and only if 1) the ships are full enough where they need it and 2) they have the crew to staff it.

Cabanas will be open for dinner if and only if 1) the ships are full enough where they need it and 2) they have the crew to staff it.
I’m surprised it’s not open on the Magic as some of those port times are much later than main seating. I know they need the crew, but you’d hope that Disney would have thought about that.

I understand we are in a pandemic, but I’m not so sure if DCL should be cruising if they are offering Carnival service at Disney prices.

Just got off the Magic and it was not magical. They arrived at 3 ports at a later time without notification. We booked a lot of private tours because we were not fans of the ones DCL offered. We couldn’t contact the tour operators Bc the wifi rarely worked.

There were 4 shows in 9 nights. Almost every soda machine was either out of soda or out of ice. There were no cups in Cabanas. There were dirty dishes on all the tables. There were no fireworks and no explanation given. Food in Cabanas for breakfast wasn’t good - except for the churro Mickey waffles they had once. Cabanas was closed during dinner.

This could turn into a very long post if I listed all the issues. 😭 I didn’t even book a placeholder cruise onboard. I’m done.
We recently did the Hawaii cruise on Wonder and it was perfect. Always lots of CMs and great service. Cabanas was just as good as before, felt very clean and safe in all restaurants. There was a problem with entertainers who were coming on at Honolulu as they had Covid so we were a couple of sessions missing. Nothing Disney could do about that unfortunately at such a late stage. I think they did an amazing job considering we are slowly coming out of pandemic. It is very expensive but the service and food were great. So sorry you had a bad experience did you talk to guest services onboard.

I’m surprised it’s not open on the Magic as some of those port times are much later than main seating. I know they need the crew, but you’d hope that Disney would have thought about that.
I'm just speculating but I don't think the ships are full enough consistently enough with demand for cruising in general still very depressed.

Believe me, I share your frustration. I'm currently assigned late dining for my July Alaska and there's zero chance my kids make it.

I'm just speculating but I don't think the ships are full enough consistently enough with demand for cruising in general still very depressed.

Believe me, I share your frustration. I'm currently assigned late dining for my July Alaska and there's zero chance my kids make it.
I’m on the Norway cruise and there are two ports where if you have a long excursion you’re going to miss main dining.

I prefer second so it’s not an issue, but I’d be pretty miserable if I just had pool deck food - although I do love the shawarma on the Magic and I could probably eat that for every meal if I had to.

I’m on the Norway cruise and there are two ports where if you have a long excursion you’re going to miss main dining.

I prefer second so it’s not an issue, but I’d be pretty miserable if I just had pool deck food - although I do love the shawarma on the Magic and I could probably eat that for every meal if I had to.

Were on the Aug 10th from Copenhagen, and have planned our own shore excursions. We might miss main seating one or two days.
Where do I find this tempting Shawarma you mention?

Our cruise leaves on Monday and a bunch of people in our Facebook group were moved to Main Dining, even one who hadn't requested it (they moved back to Late on the app).

Our cruise leaves on Monday and a bunch of people in our Facebook group were moved to Main Dining, even one who hadn't requested it (they moved back to Late on the app).
This coming Monday? That gives me some hope! On our last two sailings, we were moved from Late to Main successfully, but we got it way in advance, like 30 days. I assumed once 30 days had come and gone that the ship had sailed (pun very much intended).

This coming Monday? That gives me some hope! On our last two sailings, we were moved from Late to Main successfully, but we got it way in advance, like 30 days. I assumed once 30 days had come and gone that the ship had sailed (pun very much intended).
Yep! I’m on (I think) the same Alaska cruise mentioned above leaving 7/4, and even though I had been on the waiting list since March, I happened to check yesterday and saw I could move us to main dining. There is hope!😊

Were on the Aug 10th from Copenhagen, and have planned our own shore excursions. We might miss main seating one or two days.
Where do I find this tempting Shawarma you mention?

We're on the same cruise! Booked it a few months back.

Duck in Diner is on the back of the second (aft) funnel if that helps.

I understand we are in a pandemic, but I’m not so sure if DCL should be cruising if they are offering Carnival service at Disney prices.

Just got off the Magic and it was not magical. They arrived at 3 ports at a later time without notification. We booked a lot of private tours because we were not fans of the ones DCL offered. We couldn’t contact the tour operators Bc the wifi rarely worked.

There were 4 shows in 9 nights. Almost every soda machine was either out of soda or out of ice. There were no cups in Cabanas. There were dirty dishes on all the tables. There were no fireworks and no explanation given. Food in Cabanas for breakfast wasn’t good - except for the churro Mickey waffles they had once. Cabanas was closed during dinner.

This could turn into a very long post if I listed all the issues. 😭 I didn’t even book a placeholder cruise onboard. I’m done.
I just got off the same cruise. There were notices that we would be arriving later at the ports. There were shows every night. There were 3 Disney productions - Tangled, and two others. There was a singing show that was brand new. There was a magician, a juggler, and a ventrilogist. There were cups everytime we went to Cabanas. I never saw a dirty dish.

They explained the no fireworks. It was due to Greece. They were not allowed to have them on the ship. I saw the churro waffles three times in Cabanas at breakfast.

The 1st night of the cruise, there was NO entertainment offered in main theater. I was shocked.

Pirate Night was almost a joke. The show wasn’t the same. The buffet afterwards was so bad I didn’t even eat anything. No theming whatsoever. No fireworks was icing on the cake.
Yes that is true that was the only night though. The fireworks was for a very good reason.

Also this was our second trip w an almost 4yo. Soooo much easier w our son but he is a totally different kid. DD has her own ideas whereas he is more go w the program. The first trip was land based with lots of driving around Tuscany in the off season. The cruise made travel w DD MUCH easier. We could relax and have fun while we were going to the next place instead of resting up for a long drive in the am.
Would you mind sending me your trip summary? 🙂 😍

This coming Monday? That gives me some hope! On our last two sailings, we were moved from Late to Main successfully, but we got it way in advance, like 30 days.
We got moved to Main for Alaska about 2 weeks out AND there was plenty of space in the dining rooms for more main diners. This was 6 June - so more people now probably, but don’t give up hope.

Make sure you email them all your comments and suggestions OP. They might be able to do something for you if you decide on another cruise or refund you something if you email them. I would definitely set expectations low for cruising. First time I sailed concierge and was so excited based on what I read about the wonderful service, it was definitely not as what I was expecting. Certain things they cannot resolve so you will have to email them.
Okay, this scares me! Our first concierge cruise is my bday cruise in Nov and then a Merrytime concierge in December. Really hoping they don’t disappoint!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter