• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I think this is a nice event! Who can go?

Everyone keeps saying candy. How do we know it's candy? It mentions "a sweet treat." Couldn't that be a cupcake, a gourmet cookie, etc?
Those cost a lot more money than a small piece of candy. Don’t get me wrong, I would very much enjoy a cupcake or a gourmet cookie.

Everyone keeps saying candy. How do we know it's candy? It mentions "a sweet treat." Couldn't that be a cupcake, a gourmet cookie, etc?
I'd guess a pre-packaged rice crispy treat or a pre-packaged cookie.

We may stop by and see how long the line is. Years ago we went to one of the halloween events at the CR. That required reservations. Lines were long for pictures with characters. Buffet tables of treats which were no an issue to select and also face painting which had lines that weren't terrible. This is different but it why I expect long lines for the characters.

We went on yesterday. Took the monorail from
BLT to MK and boarded a bus. The bus to BW wasn’t packed. I was actually surprised and felt confident riding it again.

We arrived to BW at 2:08pm and it was a decent line. DVC employees came through the line scanning magic bands. It turned green and she said we were all set!

The couple behind me did not and wanted to argue about being eligible. She asked them to please step out of line to further discuss. Not sure completely why but I do know they didn’t have resort reservations on property. She also stated that resell members were not eligible so I guess they weren’t grandfathered in.

Another DVC manager walked over and asked them to show a resort reservation and their magic mobile to double check and they couldn’t. They were then asked to leave. They were not happy at all.

The sun was very intense. We waited from where we were in line for about 20 minutes. It’s just the sun who made it difficult 🤣. Finally we reached the shaded part and it was much more manageable to wait! We got stopped again right before going inside.

They asked us if we wanted ballon art 😂. Sure why not! We both got ears! Took a quick pic and waited for the line to move again. Got in, line stopped again and then we could see characters!!

They made an announcement thanking us for membership and saying how wonderful it was to host this event for us. They introduced the characters and told us about the selfie wall. They did ask for us to limit selfies to one group shot but not many listened😒. Those that did held the line up even more.

We also had some rambunctious kids in front of us that kept hitting everything and everyone with their balloon swords!! I mean it was ridiculous. Their family reached the selfie wall and promptly knocked the background down in less than a second 😐. They would have probably left it if the DVC people hadn’t come running over to see what happened. They were asked to please not lean back on the wall just stand in front of it. They walked away after that. No apologies or nothing.

They then made an announcement to please watch your kids and to not lean back on the picture walls. We were excited because we could see the characters of that day. I didn’t expect them to change but there was a change of characters and the Evil Queen came back out as the witch!! I was sad LOL I didn’t get to see her at MNSSHP so I was stoked! Ended up with a witch pick but they left OB and Count Goofy as is.

They gave us light up green DVC member bracelets and DVC membership magic member popcorn buckets!! They are soo cute! They were filled with flavored popcorn! That was a tasty treat! They also had water available self serve cups. They gave the buckets and bracelets out 1 per person. We were routed out once we got the buckets. Probably spent about 1 hour and 35 minutes total from beginning to end.

Since we had HS reservations, we took the boat to HS. The boat wasn’t crowded at all. Decided to take the busses back to Contemporary since the first bus ride was so nice. What a mistake! The bus was packed! It was so packed (I mean unsafe back to covid isn’t a thing packed) So many people coughing and not covering it was ridiculous. I didn’t expect that. We were so packed up on the bus there was hardly any room to shift your position. If you’re still covid conscious, I’d skip on the buses and or any form of transportation that will have you crowded in.

Lesson learned, I decided we will use a lyft and or drive from now own when we return in December.
Here are some photos of the event!

Attachments

• A3D34C53-3545-4569-8811-6A9D23B612F9.jpeg
    A3D34C53-3545-4569-8811-6A9D23B612F9.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 33
  • B8C7F881-B711-402D-973A-8F5DAC560588.jpeg
    B8C7F881-B711-402D-973A-8F5DAC560588.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 6D0DD1D1-F760-44BD-BF36-717B8180F6C2.jpeg
    6D0DD1D1-F760-44BD-BF36-717B8180F6C2.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 33
  • 77A5D391-0263-4341-B359-A5FE45515AB3.jpeg
    77A5D391-0263-4341-B359-A5FE45515AB3.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 4DD1A07D-75F9-40D9-9B8F-B5D5D1D7CBA7.jpeg
    4DD1A07D-75F9-40D9-9B8F-B5D5D1D7CBA7.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 7A261BA2-DE6D-406B-B3F4-2B64855AB365.jpeg
    7A261BA2-DE6D-406B-B3F4-2B64855AB365.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 68B4E845-4CD5-46CB-92EF-CC9C57086D4E.jpeg
    68B4E845-4CD5-46CB-92EF-CC9C57086D4E.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 32
  • BE621295-DAB5-4A1D-8EC4-09E1798AD9A8.jpeg
    BE621295-DAB5-4A1D-8EC4-09E1798AD9A8.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 30
  • D7C4D881-0864-4705-BD6F-2ED1BE0818AD.jpeg
    D7C4D881-0864-4705-BD6F-2ED1BE0818AD.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for including pictures.
Wish you had taken a better picture of the “DVC Popcorn bucket” since you described it as being special .
Glad you went and had fun.
Do you think they will do this next year ?

Wish you had taken a better picture of the “DVC Popcorn bucket” since you described it as being special .

IIRC the popcorn bucket was the same as what they gave out during the theme park member events. Pretty basic to me.

Really wish I could hit a member event. Are the member nights in the parks complimentary or does one have to pay? I think .....think I have a chance in March.

Thanks,
Dee

I have better ones! It only let me upload 10! Here ya go! Thank you! We really liked the extra meet and treat opportunity. One can only wish they do!

Attachments

• A237B61B-CBF2-41B6-98DE-BEBE41A0BD12.jpeg
    A237B61B-CBF2-41B6-98DE-BEBE41A0BD12.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 2140963F-0764-4918-8538-32CFD7D77D7D.jpeg
    2140963F-0764-4918-8538-32CFD7D77D7D.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 27873637-546A-457F-9F48-633AD0765FF9.jpeg
    27873637-546A-457F-9F48-633AD0765FF9.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 66FF2B45-129C-4B82-A260-E68EB0B0EB2E.jpeg
    66FF2B45-129C-4B82-A260-E68EB0B0EB2E.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 26
Really wish I could hit a member event. Are the member nights in the parks complimentary or does one have to pay? I think .....think I have a chance in March.

Thanks,
Dee
The Member nights are free. Registration is the hard part!

BLT to MK and boarded a bus. The bus to BW wasn’t packed. I was actually surprised and felt confident riding it again.

We arrived to BW at 2:08pm and it was a decent line. DVC employees came through the line scanning magic bands. It turned green and she said we were all set!

The couple behind me did not and wanted to argue about being eligible. She asked them to please step out of line to further discuss. Not sure completely why but I do know they didn’t have resort reservations on property. She also stated that resell members were not eligible so I guess they weren’t grandfathered in.

Another DVC manager walked over and asked them to show a resort reservation and their magic mobile to double check and they couldn’t. They were then asked to leave. They were not happy at all.

The sun was very intense. We waited from where we were in line for about 20 minutes. It’s just the sun who made it difficult 🤣. Finally we reached the shaded part and it was much more manageable to wait! We got stopped again right before going inside.

They asked us if we wanted ballon art 😂. Sure why not! We both got ears! Took a quick pic and waited for the line to move again. Got in, line stopped again and then we could see characters!!

They made an announcement thanking us for membership and saying how wonderful it was to host this event for us. They introduced the characters and told us about the selfie wall. They did ask for us to limit selfies to one group shot but not many listened😒. Those that did held the line up even more.

We also had some rambunctious kids in front of us that kept hitting everything and everyone with their balloon swords!! I mean it was ridiculous. Their family reached the selfie wall and promptly knocked the background down in less than a second 😐. They would have probably left it if the DVC people hadn’t come running over to see what happened. They were asked to please not lean back on the wall just stand in front of it. They walked away after that. No apologies or nothing.

They then made an announcement to please watch your kids and to not lean back on the picture walls. We were excited because we could see the characters of that day. I didn’t expect them to change but there was a change of characters and the Evil Queen came back out as the witch!! I was sad LOL I didn’t get to see her at MNSSHP so I was stoked! Ended up with a witch pick but they left OB and Count Goofy as is.

They gave us light up green DVC member bracelets and DVC membership magic member popcorn buckets!! They are soo cute! They were filled with flavored popcorn! That was a tasty treat! They also had water available self serve cups. They gave the buckets and bracelets out 1 per person. We were routed out once we got the buckets. Probably spent about 1 hour and 35 minutes total from beginning to end.

Since we had HS reservations, we took the boat to HS. The boat wasn’t crowded at all. Decided to take the busses back to Contemporary since the first bus ride was so nice. What a mistake! The bus was packed! It was so packed (I mean unsafe back to covid isn’t a thing packed) So many people coughing and not covering it was ridiculous. I didn’t expect that. We were so packed up on the bus there was hardly any room to shift your position. If you’re still covid conscious, I’d skip on the buses and or any form of transportation that will have you crowded in.

Lesson learned, I decided we will use a lyft and or drive from now own when we return in December.
We went on Saturday & had the same experience. Nice to have pics with rare characters especially Oogie Boogie. They had to do something with all those popcorn buckets left over from canceled MM because of the hurricane. Took us about 45 minutes from waiting in line to exiting with our popcorn buckets.

We are blue card members but are staying at BWV on resale (white card) points. Will we be able to attend.?

We are blue card members but are staying at BWV on resale (white card) points. Will we be able to attend.?
I know this reply is late, but in the future as long as you have a blue card you can attend member events even if you're staying on non-blue card points.

I am blue card with over 1000 direct points and had a reservation stay. I didn’t get an invite ……… (sad face)

Oh - so it was posted online rather than email out?
It was posted in the news and announcements on the DVC page or once you logged in. I can’t remember if I received an email either! 🤔

It was posted in the news and announcements on the DVC page or once you logged in. I can’t remember if I received an email either! 🤔
I received an email about the event on 10/14.

Thank you for your trip report! I have been wondering how the event went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter