I thought it was hurricane season ... ?

We’re supposed to be driving over for the Halloween party on Sunday and it’s not looking good. We live an hour away and have been getting thunderstorms every single night which is not normal. Usually we get afternoon storms

If that was a tornado or funnel cloud there's absolutely no chance Disney would just not say anything and possibly endanger thousands of guests. The fact that there was no alert is all I need to know it wasn't an actual tornado.

It was also not in or near Epcot. I was there.
Hey, I was there too. We were gonna use the monorail to hit MK but a huge lightning strike had them hold. While the storm was bad, it wasn't tornado bad and you can't see any rotation in the video.

Leaving today - had a good, albeit wet, time

Hey, I was there too! Got held up on the monorail due to lightning. The storm was bad, but not tornado bad. You can't see any rotation in the video.

Hey, I was there too! The storm was pretty bad, but didn't seem like a tornado. The monorail did get stopped due to a lightning strike though. Fortunately, We were just about to board for MK - decided to call it an early night instead.

Latest models show a hurricane potentially hitting Florida next week. Invest 98 will likely form into a hurricane and enter the Gulf of Mexico. It could stay more west but for now consensus serms to be impacting west coast of Florida and sweeping east across the peninsula. If invest 97 doesn"t become a tropical storm, next name on the list is Gaston. So it's posdible Hurricane Gaston will be blowing tbrough WDW. I don't typically believe in fate or destiny but why oh why couldn't the next name on the list be Gavin or Greg or Giovanni? Too soon to panic, obviously, but I'm starting to panic anyway.

Latest models show a hurricane potentially hitting Florida next week. Invest 98 will likely form into a hurricane and enter the Gulf of Mexico. It could stay more west but for now consensus serms to be impacting west coast of Florida and sweeping east across the peninsula. If invest 97 doesn"t become a tropical storm, next name on the list is Gaston. So it's posdible Hurricane Gaston will be blowing tbrough WDW. I don't typically believe in fate or destiny but why oh why couldn't the next name on the list be Gavin or Greg or Giovanni? Too soon to panic, obviously, but I'm starting to panic anyway.
I've lived along the Gulf Coast all my life, and I can tell you it's WAY too soon to panic. Just keep an eye on it, but don't change any plans at this time.

And if it does become a hurricane, and if it does pass through or near WDW, don't worry. WDW is so well prepared for hurricanes that Florida residents evacuate from their homes to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter