I tried to be nice about it, but....

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
...the freaking mice wouldn't go into the "humane" mouse traps so I set up a few of the conventional ones and within an hour we had 2 well-fed-looking mice laying on their backs with mouse traps attached to their heads. :guilty:

I spent $80+ on the humane traps and they did nothing. :confused3

I seriously hate using the traditional traps but when it comes down to *my* health, or the way a mouse's life is going to end, time was not on their side.

Sorry, Mickey and Minnie! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

...the freaking mice wouldn't go into the "humane" mouse traps so I set up a few of the conventional ones and within an hour we had 2 well-fed-looking mice laying on their backs with mouse traps attached to their heads. :guilty:

I seriously hate using the traditional traps but when it comes down to *my* health, or the way a mouse's life is going to end, time was not on their side.

Do what you gotta. I personally prefer the snap traps to the glue. At least it's over quickly. :thumbsup2

I prefer the bait blocks
Since I started placing them around the garage and the MH I haven't had any rodent problems

4 weeks ago I arrived home exhausted after a 16 hr shift just to find a mouse running across my floor. Immediately got back in my truck drove to my little town's Ace Hardware. The owner, who is in his 70s, asked if he could help me. I said sure, "where are the mouse traps?" He pointed them out --- all 5 different kinds --- then proceeded to ask me how many I would like. My response, "All of them!" He looked at me in disbelief but rang up $30 in traps. I placed those little things all over my house, by the time I was done - the house looked like a mine field. All my husband could do was shake his head when he came home from work the following day.

And yes one of the many traps did finally catch the mouse.

First time Socks caught a mouse he put it under a rug as if we wouldn't notice a lump mouse size in a rug

:rotfl2:

Tried a humane trap a few years ago in my mom's house...the kind that you put peanut butter in and the little door shuts when the mouse goes in it. After a day or two, we found that the peanut butter was gone - and I kid you not, little peanut butter-mouseprints leading away from it! My mother then insisted on an old-fashioned spring trap...within a day, she heard it snap and found a huge mouse in it.

Now she'll be getting a couple of cats in a month or so when DH and I move in...Dio is quite the mouser. About a year ago, DH got up in the morning to find him sitting in the kitchen, doing his "regal pose," swishing his tail, his paw pointing to a dead mouse that was an inch away from him (of course, DH praised him and waited until he was gone before getting ride of it).

Man, you need a cat! Our most docile cat in the crew caught one a few days ago. This is the one I suspect is nearly blind and only gets off his perch to eat and use the box. Shocked the heck out of us!

Man, you need a cat! Our most docile cat in the crew caught one a few days ago. This is the one I suspect is nearly blind and only gets off his perch to eat and use the box. Shocked the heck out of us!

Are you sure he caught it and didn't pinch it after another cat got bored with it??
:lmao:

Are you sure he caught it and didn't pinch it after another cat got bored with it??
:lmao:

Well, that's not entirely out of the question. But my son says that cat had been watching something in that corner for a couple days. Even that was questionable though given our thought that he is nearly blind.:rotfl: Still, it was a real "WHAT THE HECK!" moment! :lmao:

When my daughter was about three my mom "found" one when it fell out of DD shoe as she went to slip it on her foot. Mom chased it around the house and then lost sight of it. When I got home my husband found it hiding behind the leg of one of the tables. We didn't have a trap so the broom had to work in it's place.

Here in central Texas, we have lots of four-legged critters living in the woods and trees. That includes rats and mice, both of which are great neighbors -- as long as they stay outside. A few years ago, some rats found a hole in the screen covering one of our roof vents, and took up residence. We noticed them on a couple of their jaunts around the house. You know, seeing the sights, so to speak. The last straw was when they chewed on a couple of computer data lines, and a couple of our stuffies. (The stuffies were treated and are now back with their friends, you'll be glad to know.)

Anyhow, I made an announcement that we would be bringing in heavy artillery, and suggested that they leave the house. (Yes, I really did.) Apparently they didn't believe me, so we put out traditional rat traps and rat poison from the Travis County health office. Once we got rid of the dead ones from poison and traps, I think they'd gotten the point.

I have a couple of funny stories about mice, too, but they're for another time.

First time Socks caught a mouse he put it under a rug as if we wouldn't notice a lump mouse size in a rug

Hilarious!!!!

But why was he hiding it? Saving it for a late night snack or was he afraid you'd wrestle him for it??

Our doodle did that when he was a puppy (about 40 lbs instead of the 80 he is now). He was tossing around a vole he'd caught in the yard and I tried to get him to drop it so we could dispose of it. He dropped it between his paws and then did the look me in the eye "come and get it" pose. Nah - all his at that point. He ate it in one gulp. I've never let that dog kiss me.

This thread reminds me of a battle I had with a mouse. Sadly I lost.

I was in high school and was babysitting for a friend who had mice living in her dishwasher. (Long story.) Anyway, you would shut the dishwasher and then hear little mice feet running around inside. If you opened the door fast enough, you'd see them running circles in the bottom. If you scared them, they'd jump out of the dishwasher onto the floor and scare you. For some strange reason, crazy teenage hormones I guess, I was determined to be the hero and catch those mice for my friend before she came home.

So, I waited patiently by the dishwasher, bowel in hand, for the scurrying to start. Then I jerked open the dishwasher, and watched as the mouse jumped up on the dishwasher door. I then slammed down the bowel. It was a miss. I screamed, the mouse screamed. I took off running for the kitchen chair. The mouse took off across the kitchen floor for the safety of the cabinets. Ok mouse 1, me 0. But I was determined, I repeated this process for probably an hour until I finally caught the mouse.

The problem was I hadn't really thought past the whole trapping the mouse under the plastic bowel thing. So here I am stuck holding a bowel over a mouse who is trying to push the bowel off him. I'm alone. I can't really reach anything else either without letting go of the bowel. Needless to say after a failed attempt at sliding a top on the bowel which ended with the mouse entirely too close to me and then it escaping, I threw up the white flag and admitted defeat. We can wash dishes by hand after all.

We had some get in the garage and bought a Rat Zapper. It worked great and we didn't have to see or touch them when they met their demise.

And yet you go to the biggest Human trap started by a Mouse.

First time my Queen Sheba caught a mouse she hid it behind the curio cabinet. IT stank for about a day until I found that damn thing. I turned the house upside down looking for it. YUCH!!

Best movie ever, regarding the topic....

Mouse_hunt_ver4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter