"I trusted...." thread

jsinsel

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have the link for the infamous "I trusted" thread? We have recently rented points and have friends who are considering doing the same, but they want to research the stories of others - I've looked, but can't seem to find it. Anyone?

NOTE: I forgot, but Sad Story is over on the MOUSECELLANEOUS forum, so you won't see it here on Planning.

Skipping to the end...the same member rented points more recently, and had a good stay. :)

Some threads just never die...

My "sad story" happened in October of 2006...since then I've had two extraordinarily positive experiences renting from a DISBoard member, and two equally good experiences where I shared some points I didn't need with others (both people I "met" here on the DIS)...

So, out of five experiences, four were way beyond "just good" and one was bad--cost me $800, and that's not good, but it could have been much worse...I didn't arrive at Disney to find no accommodations; I didn't have to spend a lot of time worrying (lost it quickly!)...

So...from my experience (whether or not as the OP of the "Sad Story" thread makes any difference!), renting is good!

I'm really sorry to see all the new restrictions on using the R/T Board...(I'm also really sorry to see the new restrictions on using the waitlist--both make renting --both to and from -- exponentially more difficult)...but rules are rules and life goes on...

Good luck to all seeking to rent (to and from!)...

Dani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter