"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR *COMPLETE* **NEW TR LINK!!** 7/3

Love the rose/castle photo! So cool!! And I love seeing Be Our Guest! I searched forever to get a dinner ADR there and just couldn't get one for this past trip.

Glad you had fun on your last trip! I followed along on Instagram and it looks like you had a lot of fun!! :)

Welcome back! So glad to hear your weekend was great :) Can't wait to hear about it once this TR is done.

Great pics, so awesome that you ended up getting a chance to eat dinner at BOG! Love your pics with the Beast!

Thanks!! While I'm never happy to be home from Disney, it is fun to have the TR to look forward to.

It was so incredibly nice of Dave to offer the other 3 seats on his ADR to us! I'm so happy we were able to eat there.

Your pictures are all amazing, but I absolutely love the one from the rose garden. So beautiful!! <3

And I totally agree - in Disney, churros before dinner are completely acceptable!

Thanks! DH seems to have outdone himself with that Castle pic. Definitely seems to be a hit. :thumbsup2

In Disney, the rules of meals go out the window!!

So look at you - you just got home and you already have a new update! I am very impressed. :thumbsup2

Very glad you had an awesome mini vacation to the world and I'm also glad to hear that you like WL! I can't wait to see your pics.

Speaking of pics - awesome pirate pics and dinner looks pretty tasty, too! How totally awesome to have Dave invite you as his table mates. That's really cool.

Beautiful pics from inside the restaurant.

Welcome back!

We had a pretty relaxing day on Tuesday, so I had the time and figured I should get an update in. :goodvibes DH is going to start editing soon, so hopefully I will have lots of pictures ready to go when I start the TR.

It was so nice of Dave to share his ADR with us! Although DH wasn't initially excited about eating there, he was very happy when it came time for the picture taking.

OH DAMN!!!!! That Rose/Castle photo. No words. Hubby gets MASSIVE ups for that one. :worship: Absolutely beautiful. Just WOW. Seriously I can't take my eyes off of it. One of the most beautiful photos I've seen.

How awesome to get an invite to dine at BoG. Those DISers are pretty nice I must say.

He definitely hit it out of the park with that shot! Thanks!

I have yet to meet a rude DISer!! So glad that I got the opportunity to meet so many of them this past weekend too.

Glad you had an awesome trip and can't wait to hear about it.

I'm watching Beauty and the Beast right now too so it's all the more fitting to see your pictures of BOG ;) So beautiful. It's like the movie translated right there. So amazing.

Sorry about the camel but it does get the best of us :laughing:

And churros are the best. We should always eat them before dinner. Great advice. I'll take it next week maybe :P

How perfect! Now I feel the need to watch the movie too... :thumbsup2

Ahh, that camel! I was laughing, but DH was not so amused by it!

Appetizer churros. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that sentence!

welcome back! Hope you had a great weekend in WDW - it looked fun from the IG photos, looking forward to next TR :goodvibes

So glad you got to try Be Our Guest! And your photos of the restaurant are amazing - best I've ever seen, I couldn't capture the colours when we went.

Btw... We've booked a trip in October to the USA - not WDW this time...DH wanted to watch his NFL team play for a birthday present :rolleyes1 !

Emma princess: x

Thanks, Emma!

So cool! Are you going to a home game or somewhere else? Maybe we can find something to do that weekend in New Orleans and have a DIS meet!!!

What? No Grey Stuff?!?! :sad2:

I was really sad they didn't bring us out any either. :sad1:

Love the rose/castle photo! So cool!! And I love seeing Be Our Guest! I searched forever to get a dinner ADR there and just couldn't get one for this past trip.

Glad you had fun on your last trip! I followed along on Instagram and it looks like you had a lot of fun!! :)

Thanks!! DH did a great job on that photo. Hopefully you can get into BOG at least for lunch. It's so worth it to see the inside of that restaurant. Simply amazing in there!

We definitely had a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to sharing!!

I am all caught up! I was so behind you've gone on a trip and come back already. :eek: terrible.

Loved the Belle meet in Epcot and Via Napoli...YUM!

I've still not been on Figment, I should have my card revoked.

Wow, you got some wonderful pictures inside BoG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that you told the woman to go ahead and get a churro. And that she did!

I was really sad they didn't bring us out any either. :sad1:

No, they have it on the menu now. In your picture of the dessert choices (07-143), its the 2nd from the right, the long thin thing with little balls on top. It's a cookies and creme moose...yum! Next time!

Thanks, Emma!

So cool! Are you going to a home game or somewhere else? Maybe we can find something to do that weekend in New Orleans and have a DIS meet!!!

Home game, 26th October against the Packers! (And...wow... NFL ticket prices! :eek: I didn't mind though as it's a special birthday year for both of us :goodvibes ... we have 4 nights in NOLA then 4 in Washington DC... so excited! Any restaurant or attraction ideas appreciated ;)

x

You gotta love this pic! DS says, "Okay...I'll growl for the camera but I'm not taking my eye off the big guy just yet!!" :rotfl2:

Home game, 26th October against the Packers! (And...wow... NFL ticket prices! :eek: I didn't mind though as it's a special birthday year for both of us :goodvibes ... we have 4 nights in NOLA then 4 in Washington DC... so excited! Any restaurant or attraction ideas appreciated ;)
WOO HOO!!!! :cool1: I guess my screen name gives it away but Disney AND the Saints....nothing any better in my book! WHO DAT!!

I am all caught up! I was so behind you've gone on a trip and come back already. :eek: terrible.

Loved the Belle meet in Epcot and Via Napoli...YUM!

I've still not been on Figment, I should have my card revoked.

Wow, you got some wonderful pictures inside BoG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that you told the woman to go ahead and get a churro. And that she did!

It's totally okay, I'm trying to catch up on everything now myself. It's hard sometimes!

Ummm, I might have to agree with you on revoking that card...NEVER on Figment?!?!

:rotfl: Disney snacks before meals are always appropriate on vacation. :thumbsup2

No, they have it on the menu now. In your picture of the dessert choices (07-143), its the 2nd from the right, the long thin thing with little balls on top. It's a cookies and creme moose...yum! Next time!

Oh, yes, I know what you mean now. I actually didn't want to order it because I couldn't tell what it was on top of and I didn't want to be disappointed! So I went with the strawberry cupcake since I had been looking forward to trying that and was pretty confident I'd like it. :goodvibes I was hoping they would bring us out some Grey Stuff though so we could all at least try it. If we ever go for lunch, I'd absolutely have to get the Grey Stuff cupcake!

x

NFL ticket prices are insane! I'm sure you will have fun at the game though. There is nothing like being inside the Dome with thousands of other Who Dat fans!!! I went to my first Saints game last season and had the best time ever. The Audubon Zoo & Aquarium are a lot of fun. Beignets at Cafe du Monde are totally worth the hype! Riding the streetcar or taking a ferryboat ride, the WWII Museum, and if you will have a vehicle, it's worth driving out of the city a bit to tour a plantation home or two. Personally I love Oak Alley the most and would recommend it to anyone! The guides dress in period outfits as they do the tours, and it's so fascinating to me to see how people lived back then.

You gotta love this pic! DS says, "Okay...I'll growl for the camera but I'm not taking my eye off the big guy just yet!!" :rotfl2:

WOO HOO!!!! :cool1: I guess my screen name gives it away but Disney AND the Saints....nothing any better in my book! WHO DAT!!

:rotfl: Wow that's so true, I didn't even really pay attention to that!

Saints & Disney...best combination! WHO DAT!

Okay, Amelia was quite good looking as well! :rotfl:
Exactly. I mean all the ladies on the Disboards seem to always feel the need to mention that the guys there are good looking. But give the ladies some credit too. Italy tends to put their best foot forward at Via Napoli. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Wrong park?! Transformers are ALWAYS appropriate!! :lmao:
:scratchin When you're right, you're right...

And nothing else sounds too appealing to me in there, especially not the pork shank! Ew!
Not even the cinnamon roll???? :eek:

Wake up, Disney, you need to do this for Tangled! Just sayin'.
Wow... what a concept. Do you really think they could sell a lot of merchandise from a movie that has it's own themed restrooms????

DH and DS both went for the triple chocolate cupcake, Dave got the lemon meringue cupcake, and I got the strawberry cream cheese cupcake.
It all looks good, but there's no way I'm passing on something with the words "triple chocolate" in the name.

Then we made our way down the hall of knights armor. It was nice and quiet there, so we were able to hear them shuffling around, coughing, and talking as we walked through and took pictures.
That might be my favorite part of Be Our Guest. That hallway is so cool.

07-173 by disneymom1024, on Flickr[/CENTER]
Paxton looks awfully excited to be getting his picture taken in front of the stained glass. :rotfl2::lmao:

DS said he wanted to go on the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and it only had a 10 minute wait, so we did that instead.
"Only" 10 minutes? Isn't that about the longest that line has ever been? :rotfl2:

I was terrible at manning the controls, and we got spit on by the camel twice! DH was not impressed but DS thought it was funny.
:scared: I hope his camera was protected.

"You're in Disney World, you can have a churro before dinner!" And then she went to get one. lol
You got that right! :thumbsup2 While you're at it just have one as an appetizer an another for dessert. :rotfl:

Ugh, I would love to see a Tangled gift shop...meet and greet...ride...whatever Disney will give me beyond bathrooms!

I'm so glad you ended up with a reservation for BOG! I'm so excited for our dinner there.

I hope you get to try the Master's Cupcake sometime!! So good!

Such good pictures of the West Wing. They really capture the eerieness of it.

DS in the roaring pic is too much :rotfl: what a cutie!

It is ALWAYS an appropriate time for a churro! I approve.

Had some catching up to do on your TR after coming back from my conference in Vancouver and was excited to see the updates about dinner at BOG! The atmosphere and the theming in there was so awesome and I was glad we had a chance to look around since we were seated in the gallery room. It was great having your company at Dinner! Paxton was so much fun to talk to!

I was trying to remember what I did after dinner after saying bye to you and your family. I think I may had been doing a trial practice run in preparation for my Wishes Whirlwind Photo Tour. :lmao: Oh, and I think I had that creepy ride through on It's a Small World as well.

Aww loved the updates! That was so awesome to be able to share a ressie!! Aria and I have an ADR for our last night in August, so excited! I love it there, though my last visit my salmon was fantastic, sorry to hear his wasn't.

Love all the photos of course! The Beast ones were great with Paxton roar'ing at him - too cute!!

Can't wait to hear all about your May trip soon too!! :goodvibes

Exactly. I mean all the ladies on the Disboards seem to always feel the need to mention that the guys there are good looking. But give the ladies some credit too. Italy tends to put their best foot forward at Via Napoli. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I think you need to talk to your male DISer friends about this, since they are the ones most likely to mention the looks of the females at Via Napoli, since clearly the female DISers can't look past those hot Italian males!! :lmao:

:scratchin When you're right, you're right...

:thumbsup2

Not even the cinnamon roll???? :eek:

Ehhh, I'm not a big cinnamon roll eater. DH is, but for some reason, that's not a snack or breakfast item that has ever been on our radar.

It all looks good, but there's no way I'm passing on something with the words "triple chocolate" in the name.

:rotfl: It was difficult, but I was very happy with my choice in the end.

Paxton looks awfully excited to be getting his picture taken in front of the stained glass. :rotfl2::lmao:

Yeah, I don't know what was up with that, but it made a cute picture!

"Only" 10 minutes? Isn't that about the longest that line has ever been? :rotfl2:

Uhhhh, wait for the May TR before you commit to that statement. :faint::faint::faint:

You got that right! :thumbsup2 While you're at it just have one as an appetizer an another for dessert. :rotfl:

Great idea!!

Ugh, I would love to see a Tangled gift shop...meet and greet...ride...whatever Disney will give me beyond bathrooms!

I'm so glad you ended up with a reservation for BOG! I'm so excited for our dinner there.

I hope you get to try the Master's Cupcake sometime!! So good!

Such good pictures of the West Wing. They really capture the eerieness of it.

DS in the roaring pic is too much :rotfl: what a cutie!

It is ALWAYS an appropriate time for a churro! I approve.

I KNOWWWWW!! Tangled is so popular, I can't imagine why it hasn't gotten more love beyond some really awesome bathrooms.

Dinner was so fantastic! It was so nice of Dave to invite us because we wouldn't have eaten there otherwise, and it was a great meal in an even better atmosphere. The West Wing is really incredibly themed, along with that gorgeous ballroom!

Had some catching up to do on your TR after coming back from my conference in Vancouver and was excited to see the updates about dinner at BOG! The atmosphere and the theming in there was so awesome and I was glad we had a chance to look around since we were seated in the gallery room. It was great having your company at Dinner! Paxton was so much fun to talk to!

I was trying to remember what I did after dinner after saying bye to you and your family. I think I may had been doing a trial practice run in preparation for my Wishes Whirlwind Photo Tour. :lmao: Oh, and I think I had that creepy ride through on It's a Small World as well.

We enjoyed our dinner with you so much, Dave! Paxton was definitely in a silly mood that night. :rotfl: That's good though, because we have met other DISers when he is in a rotten mood, and it's just not as fun.

Aww loved the updates! That was so awesome to be able to share a ressie!! Aria and I have an ADR for our last night in August, so excited! I love it there, though my last visit my salmon was fantastic, sorry to hear his wasn't.

Love all the photos of course! The Beast ones were great with Paxton roar'ing at him - too cute!!

Can't wait to hear all about your May trip soon too!! :goodvibes

That's a great Mommy & Me ADR! :thumbsup2

So excited to see that you started your DL trip report today! I have been prodding DH to start editing pics, but he hasn't just yet.

Day 7 Continued: Monday October 28th

Finally, it was time for the parade to start! By about 8:25 pm, the Main Street Electrical Parade had made its way to our viewing spot in front of the Frontierland Shooting Arcade.

07-188 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-189 by disneymom1024, on Flickr​

Despite that look she was giving in the photo, Tink was adorable as she passed in front of us! She swirled her wand and pointed it right at DS in his stroller.

07-190 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
See? That's better, Tink!

07-191 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-192 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-193 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-194 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-195 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-196 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-197 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-198 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-199 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-200 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Hey, guys, look over here!

07-201 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Thanks!

07-202 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-203 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-204 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-205 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-206 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-207 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-208 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-209 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-210 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-212 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-213 by disneymom1024, on Flickr​

Continued in next post...

Day 7 Continued: Monday October 28th

07-214 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-215 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-217 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-218 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-219 by disneymom1024, on Flickr​

Okay, so look at that last picture...weird right? I didn't notice until I saw Mickey & Minnie walking down the parade route, but there was no title train float! :confused3 I guess something was wrong with it to keep it from running normally that night, but it was definitely strange to see the headliners of the parade walking pretty much at the end before the last float.

07-220 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-221 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-222 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

07-223 by disneymom1024, on Flickr​

These girls at the end are probably my favorite part of the parade. They are not only dancing and marching the entire time, they are up on their toes for most of that time! So impressive. I bet their calf muscles are like rocks!

DS really enjoyed the parade, yet again. Even in his stroller, he got lots of attention from the characters, and he would yell out in excitement whenever he saw a character or float he loved.

As the parade ended, we thought we might do the same thing we had done the night before and head through Adventureland to try our luck at viewing Wishes from the same place we had watched HalloWishes in front of Crystal Palace. But, we quickly realized that wasn't going to work. That area was already packed! Turns out there are a heck of a lot more people packing in the streets for Wishes than there are at the parties. Who knew? :confused3 :rotfl: I guess we should have figured that!! Oh well. So we needed to come up with another plan.

We decided to just keep walking towards Main Street until we just couldn't walk any more. Eventually we did make it to the middle of the street by crossing at one of the areas they had taped off for cross traffic and got to the other side in front of the Art of Disney store. DH went as far to the middle as he could and actually set up his tripod in the middle of the sea of humans, while I stayed more to the side with DS and the stroller and got him ready with his earmuffs on.

07-224 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Sea of humanity in front of us!

07-226 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

UP NEXT: We'll make a wish and do as dreamers do

GREAT MSEP pics!! Aww Tink :)

Omgosh I definitely noticed right away how weird it is that Mickey & Minnie are walking without a float!

Wow what a great spot you had with the ability to see the parade coming right at you. Plus the ability to get shots from the side as well. Plus PLUS, extra bonus for the castle in the background. :goodvibes

Oh yeah, Mickey and Minnie walking is a rare sight indeed. Pretty cool though actually.

You certainly don't have to convince me about the crowds for Wishes on a non party night. :headache:

Love the parade!! It is so magical! Glad Paxton enjoys it, too. Looks like a great spot to view the parade! (though I am excited to get FP+ spots again for the MSEP, loved that spot as well) Looking forward to Wishes photos! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter