• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want a Kitchenaid mixer but what size need input please

Tiggerkeeper

<font color=9900FF>DIS Veteran<font color=0099FF><
I have finally decided it is time to buy the Kitchenaid mixer I have been wanting for years. But now I have to decide which one, do I buy the 4 1/2 qt. or the 5 qt.? Do any of you have one of these that you would recommend. I know the 5 qt. has more power but I wondered if I need that? The difference in price can be substantial depending on where you shop. I don't want to invest the money and then find I got the wrong one!

Help! Thanks for any input! Decisions, decisions, decisions.

TK

I have the Custom model - 4 1/2 qt with 300W.

It depends on how you plan to use it. If you think you'll be using it for cakes and the like then the smaller should be fine. If however you'll be doing a lot of bread kneading or heavy cookie doughs, I'd go for the higher wattage. That is if you plan on using it quite a bit.

I paid $300 for mine about a year and a half ago.

cooking.com is offering free shipping right now if you can't find a good price in your area.

I just checked the prices you can get the model I have for just about $300.00, they also have a 6qt at 475W at $350.

Again, if you are just using a few times a week for light batters the one I have is fine. I just cook for two so it doesn't get as much use as someone that cooks for a lot more people and more frquently.

I hope I haven't confused you more.

I have the larger one, and I love it. I can mix up three cake mixes at once. (I do cake decorating.) Two to three batches of bread at one time. Double batches of cookies. I actually bought the smaller one and returned it right away. The larger one has so much more power. Been using it for twenty years now. Best investment I ever made! Never had to repair or fix it.

I'd say go for the larger one too. There is nothing more frustrating than wanting to do something but your machine is too small, or your motor isn't powerful enough. I have the larger one and just love it.

Thanks for the response. I plan to use it for cookie dough and bread so I'll go with more power! Vroooooom!!!!!

Look out Martha! :D

TK

I have the big one, too. I love it. I can make 5 loaves of bread at once. (I could make more, but I need more loaf pans. :D)

I have one I received as a wedding gift. I love it! You won't be disappointed. I even have the attachments (got them through Chef's Catalog) where you can grind your own sausage, etc...
I use my KitchenAid all the time!

Good Luck!

I have the larger one and don't know what I would do without it. I do a lot of cookies at Christmas time and I can easily do two or three batches at a time. It gives you all the power you need. I had gone through four stand mixers in 15 years and this one has lasted that long so it was well worth the investment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter