I want my magic band+

Anybody know why Disney says ages 8+ for the MagicBand+? (It says it can be resized). Regular MagicBands are listed as ages 3+...

Just asking for a friend who is going in November and has 8 year olds and a 5 year old who will be "super-pissed if his sisters bands light up and his doesn't."

Anybody know why Disney says ages 8+ for the MagicBand+? (It says it can be resized). Regular MagicBands are listed as ages 3+...

Just asking for a friend who is going in November and has 8 year olds and a 5 year old who will be "super-pissed if his sisters bands light up and his doesn't."

It may have to do with the charger which might have small peices when disconencted or somethign like that. The general form-factor of the MB+ seems pretty similar so the charger is the only new part of the package. That is just a guess though.

Woohoo! We got the "50th Anniversary Partners" and the "4 Parks" one. I am happy that my patience of not purchasing one before paid off, lol.

Might be to do with the charging cord/cradle rather than the magicband itself?

A thought has occurred to me in light of the idea that most people won't be staring at their wrist during a fireworks show. It's been fairly well established that that's not what it's for, that it's the collective effect of many guests and flashing lights coming from everywhere. My feeling is that it's a take on the line in Enchantment: "You are the Magic." It does put a positive spin on the concept.

I ordered ours for our November trip. Do they send them out now or wait until closer to our trip?

I ordered ours for our November trip. Do they send them out now or wait until closer to our trip?
They usually ship them pretty quickly, since you’ve paid for them. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were supply hangups and some were shipped later than others.

I woke my daughter up at 630 am to pick her design. She’s 16 so being woken up that early on summer vacation usually doesn’t go well but she popped up and chose her MB. I was kinda surprised. Lol
Anything for a new MB I suppose! Smart girl.

A thought has occurred to me in light of the idea that most people won't be staring at their wrist during a fireworks show. It's been fairly well established that that's not what it's for, that it's the collective effect of many guests and flashing lights coming from everywhere. My feeling is that it's a take on the line in Enchantment: "You are the Magic." It does put a positive spin on the concept.
Only if people are holding their arms up, though. In a normal position those lights are going to be buried in the crowd.

Only if people are holding their arms up, though. In a normal position those lights are going to be buried in the crowd.

I think if there are enough of them it will work, but there has to be near total saturation. That's why the Made With MAgic stuff never really took off. At least with these there are other reasons to get one.

So will the regular Magic Bands still work and be available, or are they going to Magic Band+ only?

It’d be cool it the MB+s lit up in waves thru the crowds and visuals like that.

The old bands will certianly still work, just not for the new features.
OK, thanks! We're hoping to come down next May and I was just wondering if they were going to completely replace the regular MBs with the new ones.

OK, thanks! We're hoping to come down next May and I was just wondering if they were going to completely replace the regular MBs with the new ones.

Keep in ind that eventually the battery in the old MB's will die meaning the long-range functions will no longer work. The short-range tap functions should continue to work indefinitely. You can still use old Key to the World cards if you still have them linked.

It’d be cool it the MB+s lit up in waves thru the crowds and visuals like that.
I suspect that might be beyond the scope of the MB+. There will be patterns, but they'll likely appear a little more random.

I’ve got a drawer full of magic bands, anyone know how to destroy them safely?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter