I want my magic band+

Knowing that their shipment of magic bands already takes so long I'm wondering why people ordered for delivery when they were going in 2 weeks.

Knowing that their shipment of magic bands already takes so long I'm wondering why people ordered for delivery when they were going in 2 weeks.
When I ordered last year, they shipped within a day of me placing the order in MDE. That's why I was surprised this time around mine still haven't shipped in 15 days....

So I had two calls re the magic bands today they were almost entertaining in how different they were.

So I saw first thing this morning that my magic bands had shipped and looked to be coming to my house instead of the resort. My stay is next week so unless tinker bell brings the herself , they’re probably not getting here before I leave.

I called right at 8 when they opened and spoke to a gentleman who said the only thing he could do was refund the $, he could not reroute the bands to the resort. He could place a new order to have them shipped to the resort but it would take 5 to 10 days to process and they wouldn’t be the Magicband+ bands. I was like, well that seems inconsistent with what I was told earlier which was that they couldn’t reroute or do anything until there was a shipping label but that they could reroute at that point. Also, weren’t they supposed to be shipped directly to the resort anyway since they were shipped a couple of days before my trip? That’s what they’d been telling everyone. He said that they had hoped that the bands would automatically be shipped to resorts given the shipment date but that didn’t happen and there was nothing he could do for me.

I called again later since what he said seemed very different from what I’d heard before and what had been shared here. Sure enough, the lady had no problem replacing my order with bands shipped to the resort. She didn’t anticipate any issues with them arriving in time and she said that they would be the bands I ordered. She said worst case scenario the folks at the resort would replace with the same bands, just not engraved if they didn’t arrive in time.

I’m not really expecting it to work out that they arrive but I’m hopeful the resort will make it right, just figured I’d share. It seems like there’s some wildly inconsistent information out there even among the cast members.

I got one of my 3 MB orders yesterday,
Ordered on 7/27, with my AP renewal, the Fireworks band
Also on the 27th, I ordered a pair for a resort stay, Partners and Grumpy. Those have not shipped
On the 30th I ordered a pair for another resort stay, Purple Minnie and Black Micky Multi Color icon. Those have not shipped
Neither stay are particularly soon so I'm not concerned at this time

Just got this email for my MB+ that failed to arrive in time:

“We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand+ order you made through My Disney Experience.

Due to overwhelming popularity, we are unable to fulfill your order in time for your arrival at Walt Disney World Resort. Therefore, your order will be complimentary.

If you were charged, a refund will be automatically processed back to your original form of payment within 7 business days. Your MagicBands will still ship to the address provided, at no cost to you so you can use it for future visits.

In addition, if you’d like to purchase other MagicBands to use at the Walt Disney World Resort for this visit, to provide the discount you were offered online, we will be sending you a $50 digital Disney Gift Card that you may use toward the purchase of a MagicBand+ at a Walt Disney World Resort retail location, or you may apply it toward the purchase of other Disney merchandise or experiences (see DisneyGiftCard.com for details and participating locations). A separate email will be sent with your digital Disney gift card.

Please accept our sincerest apologies. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you real soon!”

“We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand+ order you made through My Disney Experience.

Due to overwhelming popularity, we are unable to fulfill your order in time for your arrival at Walt Disney World Resort. Therefore, your order will be complimentary.

If you were charged, a refund will be automatically processed back to your original form of payment within 7 business days. Your MagicBands will still ship to the address provided, at no cost to you so you can use it for future visits.

In addition, if you’d like to purchase other MagicBands to use at the Walt Disney World Resort for this visit, to provide the discount you were offered online, we will be sending you a $50 digital Disney Gift Card that you may use toward the purchase of a MagicBand+ at a Walt Disney World Resort retail location, or you may apply it toward the purchase of other Disney merchandise or experiences (see DisneyGiftCard.com for details and participating locations). A separate email will be sent with your digital Disney gift card.

Please accept our sincerest apologies. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you real soon!”
Well, that is not a bad resolution. Better than many of their others have been lately.

So what happens being an international visitor that your band iwas supposed to be going to your hotel? You don't get the band and just get a refund & the gift card?

Last edited:

I was told order is shipping to my resort. The tracking information I was given is based on the shipping address on the order. The CM checked with others and assured me shipping is to resort

The claim is all orders being shipped within 14 days of your stay are being shipped to the resort.
Disney lies. My order went from Davenport to Atlanta area and is now in York PA. I expect my order will arrive the day after I leave

Disney lies. My order went from Davenport to Atlanta area and is now in York PA. I expect my order will arrive the day after I leave
Same. I got an email a couple of days ago from Shop Disney Parks assuring me that they’d be at the resort on Tuesday when we arrive. Tracking notified me a few minutes ago that they’d arrived in York PA as well.

Now I switch to hoping mine won’t deliver on time!

So I had two calls re the magic bands today they were almost entertaining in how different they were.

So I saw first thing this morning that my magic bands had shipped and looked to be coming to my house instead of the resort. My stay is next week so unless tinker bell brings the herself , they’re probably not getting here before I leave.

I called right at 8 when they opened and spoke to a gentleman who said the only thing he could do was refund the $, he could not reroute the bands to the resort. He could place a new order to have them shipped to the resort but it would take 5 to 10 days to process and they wouldn’t be the Magicband+ bands. I was like, well that seems inconsistent with what I was told earlier which was that they couldn’t reroute or do anything until there was a shipping label but that they could reroute at that point. Also, weren’t they supposed to be shipped directly to the resort anyway since they were shipped a couple of days before my trip? That’s what they’d been telling everyone. He said that they had hoped that the bands would automatically be shipped to resorts given the shipment date but that didn’t happen and there was nothing he could do for me.

I called again later since what he said seemed very different from what I’d heard before and what had been shared here. Sure enough, the lady had no problem replacing my order with bands shipped to the resort. She didn’t anticipate any issues with them arriving in time and she said that they would be the bands I ordered. She said worst case scenario the folks at the resort would replace with the same bands, just not engraved if they didn’t arrive in time.

I’m not really expecting it to work out that they arrive but I’m hopeful the resort will make it right, just figured I’d share. It seems like there’s some wildly inconsistent information out there even among the cast members.
Ours shipped on Thursday. As of Saturday they are still in GA. We are in upstate NY and leave a Tuesday morning. Not hopeful…especially as they are coming USPS. It’s kind of crazy they shipped them from FL to NY 4 days prior to our checkin.

Ours shipped on Thursday. As of Saturday they are still in GA. We are in upstate NY and leave a Tuesday morning. Not hopeful…especially as they are coming USPS. It’s kind of crazy they shipped them from FL to NY 4 days prior to our checkin.
Yeah - I leave Monday and one of mine just move to York pa; the other is in Georgia. I’m in CT so unless something magical happens, they are not coming today.

Disney is timing shipping so the bands arrive a day or 2 after you leave. Goal is to be delivered a few hours after you left for the airport.

It would cost less then $50 to ship 2nd day air. Less then, $50 to send pure first class mail without a shipping partner.

Yeah - I leave Monday and one of mine just move to York pa; the other is in Georgia. I’m in CT so unless something magical happens, they are not coming today.
Im in NY and my 3 moved to York PA on Saturday the 13th at like 5pm. They haven't moved from there yet and we leave early AM Thursday, so they need to be here by Wednesday. I don't really have too much faith. If they don't move from York by end of day today I am calling in to get the refund and $50 since we will need to buy down there.

Has anyone with a September check-in date who ordered after July 27th via their resort MDE (NOT AP) received their MB? If so, when did you order and what is your check-in date?

Has anyone with a September check-in date who ordered after July 27th via their resort MDE (NOT AP) received their MB? If so, when did you order and what is your check-in date?
I know people who have, but they are AP's. I do not know of non-AP's who have though

Non-AP, used MDE. I check in on the 12th (arriving in Orlando the 11th). Placed an order bright and early at 5 AM CST on 7/27 and mine are still showing as in progress and not shipped.

I’ve had notification that my bands have been shipped to my resort. Money not taken from bank account yet though.

Last edited:
I sent an email to Merchandise.GuestServices@disneyparks.com about my Magicband+ order. It is still processing and two weeks from tomorrow is the last day for it to arrive before we leave. I was curious, for those who emailed about your order how long did it take to get a response? Does anyone know how close it has to be to your reservation before they will refund you or make changes? Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter