I want my magic band+

BaybeeYoda

Mouseketeer
When oh when oh when can I purchase? Leaving for Disney mid June, staying for 2 weeks. Any news?? They are saying available for you pre purchase but I’ve had no notifications, and trip is in 5.5 weeks………

I've been waiting on ordering my bands for a June trip because I'd rather order MagicBand+ for the family if they become available. Other than some of the bloggers who got the leaked early release version noting that features have started working in the parks with the 50th statue interactions, there's been no real news since that day.

A couple of sites/blogs have mentioned an early June launch date but don't seem to have anything concrete to back that up at this point.

Bring some wall usb A outlets. The bands will need to be recharged and they only supply the cord. Now you need to charge your phone, power block and now magic band daily. Chapek better start adding more outlets in rooms.

Bring some wall usb A outlets. The bands will need to be recharged and they only supply the cord. Now you need to charge your phone, power block and now magic band daily. Chapek better start adding more outlets in rooms.
Funnily enough my husband mentioned about buying some usb extention cable for the room to plug in phones, magicband +, vlog camera....

A lot of the recently refurbished rooms do have some USB outlets in them, though sometimes they are hit and miss if they work.

We're waiting as well. They said "this summer" which technically would mean after June 21. I always had it in my mind that it would be early July based on their narrative, but who knows. Could show up any day, so fingers crossed for you. We're up next in mid-August, so hoping they're up and running by then.

Why lie?

These will last over a month without a charge.

Why lie?

These will last over a month without a charge.

It probably depends on how much you use the features. A lot of the bloggers are trying to capture literally every interaction, so they are running their batteries down fast. I think the average user shouldn't have any issues, but you never know, especially with kids who get fascinated by it.

Ok, from what I have seen it only interacts with certain statues and such in the park. What is the big deal?

There are also going to be games you can play with it, like the bounty hunter thing at Galaxy's Edge. That said, for me, the reason I want it is for the rechargeable nature. It's the last Magic Band I'll ever need, and I like that.

A lot of the recently refurbished rooms do have some USB outlets in them, though sometimes they are hit and miss if they work.
Yes. Rooms that were refurbished 3-5 years ago have very limited USB outlets like 2. So when you have 3-4 people in a room charging phones, battery bricks, watches and now magic bands on a daily basis. You’ll need plugs.

I feel like I read somewhere that you'd eventually be able to use your Apple watch INSTEAD of using the new MB+... did I dream that? Don't get me wrong, I will totally nerd out over the new bands, but if I could just use my watch somedays that would also be lovely!

I feel like I read somewhere that you'd eventually be able to use your Apple watch INSTEAD of using the new MB+... did I dream that? Don't get me wrong, I will totally nerd out over the new bands, but if I could just use my watch somedays that would also be lovely!
You can use your Apple Watch now in place of a regular MB for many functions (it won’t open your resort room door, but it will get you into the park and allow you to pay for things), but I’m not sure it will take the place of the MB+ — too many fancy functions that rely on long-distance connections to statues, etc.

we have a power block that has 5 USB slots, we are definitely bringing that for all the charging. I know tech is the way of the future but it would be so nice to actually be able to unplug from your devices while on vacation

Yes. Rooms that were refurbished 3-5 years ago have very limited USB outlets like 2. So when you have 3-4 people in a room charging phones, battery bricks, watches and now magic bands daily. You’ll need plugs.
I'm not sure how useful USB plugs in hotels are anymore as more and more devices are going towards using USBC

I'm not sure how useful USB plugs in hotels are anymore as more and more devices are going towards using USBC
no like it's a bank that plugs into the wall with a regular AC adapter and then it has slots for cables such as USB - USB C or whatever you already charge your devices with, it sits on our counter at home and I use it to charge my kids tablets, my Fitbit, our phones etc, you just have to have a cord with the correct ending for your device on one end and a standard USB on the other end that plugs into the hub

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter